Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Intercytex = Aderans

They never claimed to have halted hair loss either.

It's my distant recollection that Intercytex and Aderans started out as 2 different research efforts and then Aderans bought Intercytex's property when Intercytex failed? I think both Intercytex and Aderans reported results similar to Replcel. It's my distant recollection that they reported small gains in hair counts for all patients in at least one of the treatment arms, and they did not report continued losses. From that, I extrapolated that, like Replicel, they both halted hair loss. It's a stretch obviously but that's how it seemed at the time to me.

Last edited:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's my distant recollection that Intercytex and Aderans started out as 2 different research efforts and then Aderans bought Intercytex's property when Intercytex failed? I think both Intercytex and Aderans reported results similar to Replcel. It's my recollection that they reported small gains in hair counts and they did not report continued losses. From that, I extrapolated that, like Replicel, they both halted hair loss. It's a stretch obviously but that's how it seemed at the time to me.

They got minimal growth, as far as we know, but they never made any claims or guarantees that they managed to halt hair loss. Who knows what happened to trial patients years later.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
They got minimal growth, as far as we know, but they never made any claims or guarantees that they managed to halt hair loss. Who knows what happened to trial patients years later.

hellouser are you still using all that sh*t in your regimen box? what norwood are u?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

I think Washinek did a video presentation wherein he stated that the subjects' hair loss stopped but I haven't seen/heard that video in years so I'm not sure about that. I just found the video but the volume is too low and I can't hear a thing on it. If Washinek did try to press that issue then investors didn't listen to him. I think that back then cessation of hair loss was viewed as unimportant unless it accompanied good regrowth. Investors could have the same attitude today and if all Replicel's tech can do is arrest hair loss Shiseido might pull the plug on the effort. And without Shiseido, Replicel's hair tech could fail.

I agree that a once-every-two-years treatment that arrests hair loss for 100% of patients without side affects would be a major achievement but IMO lots of investors are looking for WOW! regrowth. IMO there's no guarantee that a treatment that only safely arrests hair loss would reach the market.

Last edited:

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/RepliCel/status/843643564726910976/photo/1

Rerp.JPG

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They've been saying for a while that if Shisedo has their expected study data out in H2 2018 then they can launch it in late 2018 or in 2019, but it all depends on Shisedo.

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so guys correct me if im wrong replicel only arrest hairloss no regrow??

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Captain Rex is this the most recent statement by Replicel or is this old information?

Are they saying market launch could be in 2018?
yes this is the most recent statement that I gathered. You can even check the tweet's date if you want to verify.

They are pretty clear in their statement - "2018 - Potential Market Launch" and that has to be in the next half of that year for sure as they already have stated.

So, simple answer "YES", they are saying launch could be in 2018.

what's more interesting is the statement on German trial. At last, they are doing something.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so guys correct me if im wrong replicel only arrest hairloss no regrow??
Yes and no at the same time.

according to the safety phase 1 trial, they arrested hairloss among 70% responders over a couple of years. Who knows what happened to the other 30%. Maybe they were so bald like Nw5 or Nw6 that they didn't even expect anything from them.

A high dose was given at a single site just to test the safety. They believe that with multiple small doses injected at a perfect depth over the entire area, they can achieve good results and even regrowth too.

We already know that follicles never die even when you reach Nw3, so just chill out and wait for the right time.

Trans.jpg

http://www.sickchirpse.com/transgender-u-s-marine/

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I'm excited to see if multiple treatments can regrow 5-10% each time through sheisido's efficacy trial results. I'm with you that there is a chance replicel combined with follica could be the bandaid we need till something better comes along, but it's just a matter of the treatments getting released quickly enough.

Even if all Replicel can do is arrest hair loss + convert intermediate hairs into terminal hairs that would be huge. It would let millions and millions more people recover their hair by combining Replicel with hair transplants or other treatments.

br1

Reaction score
Yes and no at the same time.

according to the safety phase 1 trial, they arrested hairloss among 70% responders over a couple of years. Who knows what happened to the other 30%. Maybe they were so bald like Nw5 or Nw6 that they didn't even expect anything from them.

A high dose was given at a single site just to test the safety. They believe that with multiple small doses injected at a perfect depth over the entire area, they can achieve good results and even regrowth too.

We already know that follicles never die even when you reach Nw3, so just chill out and wait for the right time.

View attachment 50708

http://www.sickchirpse.com/transgender-u-s-marine/

Well, Replicel said that even though results were not the same for all participants, they ALL (100%) saw "hair loss stabilization". That's what they said.

br1

Reaction score
Don't know why ppl keep saying that 30% did not respond. That's just not true.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't know why ppl keep saying that 30% did not respond. That's just not true.
that's 100% true. maybe we rounded off the number a bit but if you want the proof here it is

63% of the subjects showed increase in hair density greater than expected at 6th month mark. So we are now left with 37% test subjects and among them there are non-responders and some guys who responded a bit (almost negligible, cosmetically)

refer the graph, they have shown it that there were non-responders.
somebody here rounded it up to 30% for the worst case scenario. ( which is, in a particular way, a good tactics)
But the point is there were non-responders close to that number which Replicel didn't clarify explicitly in their latest data.

According to you, they stabilized hairloss for all them, then that means they even reversed the conditions of those non-responders which would be huge and they could have bragged about it in their data which they didn't. ( If I were them, I would have done that for sure)

But instead they said this - which gives me a head ache.
The seven top-tier responders in the trial saw >10% increase in hair density at six months post-injection (see May 17, 2012 announcement). At 24 months, the average hair density increase for these same seven participants was 8.3% over baseline, and three of these seven trial participants maintained a >10% increase in density over baseline. The largest increase in hair density over baseline observed in this group was a 21% increase at 24 months.

The top 10 participants reported at least a 5% or greater increase in hair density at six months post-injection with an average increase of 11.8% (as reported in the May 17, 2012 announcement). This group demonstrated a sustained response at 24 months which averaged a 4.2% increase over baseline hair density. While there was a high degree of variability in hair density between individual participants at 24 months post-injection compared to baseline, an overall stabilization of hair loss was observed among all the patients treated per protocol.

source- http://replicel.com/20170314-2/

an "overall" is not 100%, sadly.

But then again, I hope I am wrong here but we can't say anything for sure. All we need is proper data from them which includes graphs, tables and all like the previous one.

Ghostofchristmas

My Regimen
Reaction score
why are we so crazy about getting our hair back ? Will it make the world a better place? I wonder if we spent this much time for something that actually does good to the world , things would have been different

Everyone thinking about getting hair back and go on a f*** spree with the ladies lmaooo xD

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why are we so crazy about getting our hair back ? Will it make the world a better place? I wonder if we spent this much time for something that actually does good to the world , things would have been different

Everyone thinking about getting hair back and go on a f*** spree with the ladies lmaooo xD

Not looking to go on a spree, just looking to find someone who is as superficial as myself.