Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Replicel going to be a one time treatment or are you going to have to get it done numerous times? If the later, how will one know that it is time to get the treatment done again? Also, will it work simultaneously/better with finasteride?

DrizzyD

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@abcdefg curious what your thoughts are on this product, I've seen you in other posts saying you don't think anything new was coming out. You think this will be effective or no?

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
why the hell are you mad when you are getting some good news?

Good news? I'd understand if Repliseido's treatment was coming out 3 months from now but god knows when it's actually getting released.

And if it really is maintenance only, we're basically being told that all we'll get to maintain - years from now - is a Seinfeld hairline at best.

Last edited:

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
so replicel prevents further balding yes? even with already balding hair?

It sounds like they're explicitly saying that this is hair multiplication. Your balding hairs will continue to bald. But replicel can repopulate the area of skin with new hairs that are immune to balding. Like a hair transplant on a cellular level with unlimited donor supply.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would shiseido be able to use this trial one data to prove safety and the possibility of efficacy for a temporary commercial release during their phase 2 that's been going on?

Pauly198

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found an old interview from 2014 with Replicel's former CEO, David Hall discussing the procedure. Im not able to post the link but you can find it if you google "Midas Letter interviews CEO David Hall"

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds like they're explicitly saying that this is hair multiplication. Your balding hairs will continue to bald. But replicel can repopulate the area of skin with new hairs that are immune to balding. Like a hair transplant on a cellular level with unlimited donor supply.
No.... that is not what RCH-01 is at all. It's not hair multiplication.

It is cell multiplication. They are extracting dermal sheath cup cells form the donor region, multiplying them, then injecting them into the balding areas. Hair follicles affected by Androgenetic Alopecia lose their dermal sheath cup cells because they genetically programmed to respond this way to androgens. By taking dermal sheath cup cells from the androgen resistant zone ( donor zone), they are transferring the immunity from the donor zone to the Androgenetic Alopecia prone areas. This is because they are replacing the the depleted dermal sheath cup cells with ones that are resistant to androgens.

So your balding hairs become like your donor hair. This will probably allow for some regrowth and thickening but I doubt it will regrow hair on slick bald scalp. But that's not really the main point of RCH-01, if it works, It will immunize your existing hair from Androgenetic Alopecia, any regrowth is a bonus.

potato87

Established Member
Reaction score
Ah, I also thought this was going to be new hair. To clarify is this totally different to the work with Japan? And how does this differ from tsuijis work?

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When the f*** did this went from regrowth to maintenance?
man, they didn't say their treatment won't regrow. They only tweeted about the way they are treating it. We know for sure it won't convert a slick NW6 to a fullhead cure but it will prevent us from reaching that point of no return stage at least.

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sorry, I get the point. It might be enough for me since I'm still a NW2A. But if I got it right, Replicel will basically do nothing for people with NW5 or over.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sorry, I get the point. It might be enough for me since I'm still a NW2A. But if I got it right, Replicel will basically do nothing for people with NW5 or over.
it's hard to say now because we have no data and photos.
Best guess, the NW5+ will see regrowth but with low density as if they are half bald.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news? I'd understand if Repliseido's treatment was coming out 3 months from now but god knows when it's actually getting released.

And if it really is maintenance only, we're basically being told that all we'll get to maintain - years from now - is a Seinfeld hairline at best.

Shiseido is completely on track to release this next year. I don't believe you don't know this information, you're just (as usual) looking for something to complain about because it is obvious that you enjoy being miserable.

Just because a particular treatment is not relevant to your specific case (like people whose hairloss is advanced) doesn't mean it isn't good news. They're going to have no shortage of customers with this at all.

Ah, I also thought this was going to be new hair. To clarify is this totally different to the work with Japan? And how does this differ from tsuijis work?

Shiseido has the license to provide RepliCel's treatment in certain Asian countries.

When the f*** did this went from regrowth to maintenance?

Outside of that video, I never got the impression that it was anything more than maintenance and regrowth was a stretch goal.

That being said, that 6-years-old video was made before the trials were in full swing and it spoke of "anticipated" results. They should take it down or make a new video and stop sharing it on their Twitter feed because it is dishonest given this new information.

mpanju

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found an old interview from 2014 with Replicel's former CEO, David Hall discussing the procedure. Im not able to post the link but you can find it if you google "Midas Letter interviews CEO David Hall"

Spot on that was really a great interview outlining Replicel's vision with this treatment.

Some of us are getting our knickers in a twist far too easily. Let's just wait for the data, personally I am excited to hear about the data and how it builds on much more data points than the original 16.

From the interview....

James West: Okay so let’s focus for a moment on the pattern baldness concept. I mean I would just think that if you came up with a cure, I mean a real cure, for pattern baldness that you would have yourself a very valuable company on your hands. Now has your strategy or your approach to pattern baldness been tested on human beings at this point?

David Hall:Yes. We actually did a 16 patient Phase 1 study, which is the basis of the data that we’re using for our Phase 2 study, as well as the data that’s being used by Shiseido Company in Japan to file for their trials. So in that safety trial that was 16 patients – only 16 data points – we had an average density growth in 6 months, which is all the trial went for in terms of the safety measurements – of 11.8%. Now, by contrast, the very best you get with the current drug therapies of Minoxidil or Rogaine – is about 16% and Finisteride, which is for Alapecia, is only about 14%. And those are over 12 months. So we know that we’re going in the right direction in terms of the density, and indeed about 70% of the responders were above 10%. And they averaged around almost 15%.

So we know we’re going in the right direction, and that was only with 16 patients. Now, the next step for us, is a 160-patient trial that will measure frequency and dosage. We need to determine if you have to give more than one injection to get a serial conversion of healthy hair follicles? And the other aspect is determining the best dosage so we will be testing three different doses. And that’s going to give us 390 data points versus the 16 that we had before, so we know we’ll have far greater data that will tell us what is the dose and what is the frequency, in order to treat somebody and get their hair follicles basically converted over to a population of androgen-insensitive cells. And androgen is the problem. No one knows why, but in some people androgen causes pattern baldness, and in some cases androgen causes people to have undesirable growth on different parts of their body. You know, it’s just how humans are. But we do know that the cells at the back of the head are completely androgen insensitive, and if you take those cells, replicate them, and put them up into the area of the pattern baldness, the goal is to let that population recruite into every hair follicle fiber cycle, and basically rejuvenate the population of cells that have been previously compromised by androgen. Again, very simple concept – now we just have to execute and figure out what dose, and what frequency.

James West: Yeah okay so is it looking to you like a complete cure? I mean so is a guy who’s bald as a cue ball going to be able to grow hair down to his butt? Is that what we’re talking about here?

David Hall: Yeah I mean that’s the point…based on the 16 patients that we tested, we were able to do a $35 million deal with Shiseido Corporation; $4 million up front, and $31 million in milestones and then ongoing royalties for Japan alone, and South Asia.

You can read the rest at http://replicel.com/recent_coverage/midas-letter-interviews-ceo-david-hall/

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
There's also this...

Attachments

• IMG_4287.PNG
    IMG_4287.PNG
    332.6 KB · Views: 1,739

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who knows if the video is incorrect? They claim they can revive dormant hairs, but not grow new hairs... Do you know at what point a dormant hair is no longer revivable?

No idea, I think it varies.

I just want the data and a press release to clear this up and it would've been better if they hadn't tweeted because with limited characters and stuff they are sending conflicting information.

Video says they expect new follicles too

First tweet says no, it just rejuvenates existing ones

Not even 24 hours later and new tweet says it revives dormant follicles.

What people are asking you is if a slick bald head can regrow hair and so far it's been "probably" "no" "yes, but maybe not"