Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

finnymikeg

My Regimen
Reaction score
No idea, I think it varies.

I just want the data and a press release to clear this up and it would've been better if they hadn't tweeted because with limited characters and stuff they are sending conflicting information.

Video says they expect new follicles too

First tweet says no, it just rejuvenates existing ones

Not even 24 hours later and new tweet says it revives dormant follicles.

What people are asking you is if a slick bald head can regrow hair and so far it's been "probably" "no" "yes, but maybe not"
My guess is that regrowth will be slightly better when campared to finasteride. I bet it will vary greatly from person to person.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
If you still have hair, it should protect that hair.

And this goes back to my concern that we can't be sure if it is even working because it might not show any change in your hair volume.

It could take years for your hair to look worse if it doesn't work on you so you might not know for years that it didn't work on you.

This is why I think we should ask them to put markers into the cells and track where they end up and what they reach wherever they end up. Samumed did this with SM04554.

Last edited:

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel is not just for maintenance! my god that is just something made up in this forum, maintenance is not a functional cure

They've stated since the beginning it is supposed to restore follicles to normal healthy function and make them immune so this means they will produce full terminal hairs again after some time. This has major potential for those with thinning, not sure how good it will work for recession tho

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel is not just for maintenance! my god that is just something made up in this forum, maintenance is not a functional cure

They've stated since the beginning it is supposed to restore follicles to normal healthy function and make them immune so this means they will produce full terminal hairs again after some time. This has major potential for those with thinning, not sure how good it will work for recession tho

What you have just described is a maintenance treatment...

If it can only stop thinning and restore existing follicles, but not restore receded hairlines as you've suggested

Then all it's doing is maintaining the hair you have

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What you have just described is a maintenance treatment...

If it can only stop thinning and restore existing follicles, but not restore receded hairlines as you've suggested

Then all it's doing is maintaining the hair you have

that's not maintenance, for example if you have thinning and your hairs have miniaturized to 50% of their original thickness but all follicles are still active and you get the replicel treatment and they all go back to full terminal how is that maintenance? That would be a massive improvement

Maintenance would be your hair staying the same or slightly improving permanently.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do agree for strictly recession you probably will only get permanent maintenance but some people I imagine might get lucky and end up close to a NW1.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I do agree for strictly recession you probably will only get permanent maintenance but some people I imagine might get lucky and end up close to a NW1.

i would just love to hear a company like follica, or replicel come out with data showing an improvement of a Norwood, and permanent maintanance!

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And this goes back to my concern that we can't be sure if it is even working because it might not show any change in your hair volume.

It could take years for your hair to look worse if it doesn't work on you so you might not know for years that it didn't work on you.

This is why I think we should ask them to put markers into the cells and track where they end up and what they do once they go to wherever they end up. Samumed did this with SM04554.
I think this is also why they are doing a 39 month trial. Regrowth would be obvious after a year but maintenance would take longer to prove

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's also this...
img_4287-png.48384

Vellus hair .. understood.
terminal hair....understood.
dormant follicle....understood.
but vibrant hair in dormant follicle......what the heck is that?
a stage between vellus and terminal hair I guess or a smaller version of the vellus hair.(so confused).

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's not maintenance, for example if you have thinning and your hairs have miniaturized to 50% of their original thickness but all follicles are still active and you get the replicel treatment and they all go back to full terminal how is that maintenance? That would be a massive improvement

Maintenance would be your hair staying the same or slightly improving permanently.

Starting to argue semantics here, but I still say that is maintenance. finasteride and minoxidil can do this and I don't hear anyone calling finasteride anything other than a maintenance treatment.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few definitions of the word "vibrant" describe something that is "full of energy," "responsive," and "sensitive." It sounds like they're trying to play it safe with their terminology, and by safe I mean vague. I'd interpret this as saying "you might get frontal regrowth as the video demonstrated if your follicles are alive and responsive to the treatment" Ultimately, I think they're saying it depends, which is what I would expect anyway. Antiandrogens can't un-fibrose a pilosebacious unit, and neither can replicel. Both are rooted in the same molecular mechanisms.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
My prediction is that if you've been losing hair for around 30 months or more, you won't see results like the ones shown in the replicel video, "frontal regrowth" I'd call it in midst of the collection of similar terms. This prediction is based on this study that Swoop posted a while ago.

http://www.ehrs.org/conferenceabstracts/2001tokyo/researchabstracts/130-Konstantinova.htm
I'm gonna cross that threshold in 3 months but I have my hair line intact just diffused all over.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just curious how it gonna work for receders. But diffusers should be happy.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.hairlosscure2020.com/page/2/
"Hair regrowth in male and female pattern hair loss does not involve the conversion of vellus hair to terminal hair"
"Basically, the scientists found that when medications such as minoxidil, finasteride and anti-androgens were used to treat hair loss patients (both men and women), the resulting hair regrowth was almost entirely attributable to the reactivation of dormant non-vellus hair follicles (termed as “kenogen” hair follicles) rather than the conversion of fine miniaturized vellus hair into thick terminal hair."

It seems that if the theory of the kenogen phase is true then RCH-01 is "reactivating/reviving" the dormant hair follicles during this phase, not creating entirely new follicles. The big question is how long does this phase last before the hair follicle is completely lost. That would be an important question in regards of how much "regrowth" a person might get.

mghrs

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think in the first tweet, what they mean by not a cure is: it wont stop hair loss progression due to androgen sensitivity. it will populate the hair follice with cells immune to DHT that according to the second tweet will regrow dormant hair to vibrant (terminal) hairs. only the new cells will be immune to DHT. your hair will still be sensitive in areas not treated and with some sensitivity in areas treated. I dont think their understanding of a cure is the same as ours: NW7 to Norwood 1. he asked if it will stop alopecia and they replied: it is not a cure, which suggest a cure to them is something with the ability to totally stop hair loss.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think in the first tweet, what they mean by not a cure is: it wont stop hair loss progression due to androgen sensitivity. it will populate the hair follice with cells immune to DHT that according to the second tweet will regrow dormant hair to vibrant (terminal) hairs. only the new cells will be immune to DHT. your hair will still be sensitive in areas not treated and with some sensitivity in areas treated. I dont think their understanding of a cure is the same as ours: NW7 to Norwood 1. he asked if it will stop alopecia and they replied: it is not a cure, which suggest a cure to them is something with the ability to totally stop hair loss.

If it doesn't stop hair loss due to androgen sensitivity... then it's failed. That's the proposed function of this treatment. Of course, the donor hair they use will be somewhat androgen sensitive, but if your hair continues to decline at a rate faster than your donor region then the product doesn't work.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
What would be the point of releasing a product that's no better than finasteride or even finasteride/minoxidil combined?

finnymikeg

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_0784.PNG
I don't know if you guys have seen this before but this cleared up quite a bit of confusion for me (I would include the link to this, but I can't because it's "spam-like"). This from an email from replicel.