Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure you're right @jc3303 but im a hopeful lad so could this notion please get buried by a few people so I get the message....cause I read things like this
http://replicel.com/recent_coverage...-early-commercialization-early-reimbursement/

specifically this part
"This law speeds therapeutics to market by allowing conditional marketing authorization. For example, Hall says, “A 20-person trial that shows safety and is predictive of efficacy is sufficient to get conditional approval for seven years, without needing placebo trials. Efficacy will be determined by the market. The new regulations dramatically change the pathway toward revenue.”

Which sounds like the Phase 1 study already done on RCH-01 that will (after Feb) prove safety and indicate efficacy, even though just a few paragraphs down it says

“Our understanding of the PMD Act is that the PMDA is looking for more than just a Phase 1-type analysis. It would like to see a record of safety and some meaningful evidence of therapeutic benefit,” Van Bokkelen says.
In effect, that means “The option of going to market is after a solid Phase 2 trial,” Kleinhaus concludes. “Meanwhile, post-commercialization and observational studies must be conducted.”
We are likely to see a meaningful increase in clinical trial activity in Japan as a result of this new framework,” Van Bokkelen says. Although the regulations don’t specify that trials must be conducted in Japan, the PMDA is clearly guiding sponsors toward running a clinical trial in Japan."

But just from the start of the second excerpt it sounds like these are just opinions and there may be some wiggle room- when he says "Our understanding of the PMD Act is that..." So if Shiseido did propose to whomever committee that safety has been proven wouldn't they- if they asked nicely- be allowed temporary approval of the treatment so has to help the market prove efficacy and drive up some revenue?

You see its the hopeful in me that ignores the second. So someone(s) please confirm for me that 2017 will just be a void used as a waiting room till I can get some treatment for my head. The more people the better.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel themselves said the 2018/2019 timeframe, so I imagine they're not planning to file for approval until they have some results to show for the second phase. They're only 6 months into a 3 year trial.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Replicel themselves said the 2018/2019 timeframe, so I imagine they're not planning to file for approval until they have some results to show for the second phase. They're only 6 months into a 3 year trial.

Why do a 3 year trial instead of a 1 year trial?

Last edited:

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do a 3 year trial instead of a 1 year trial?

The trial is actually 39 months I guess, and I imagine it will take over a year to get full results. We'll have a better idea of how long it will take to get full results once the 12 and 24 month data is released from the phase 1 trials

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2017-02-05 09.18.30.jpg
2017-02-05 09.16.48.jpg

Update!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They also stated that there will be 2 clinical data readouts this month and one in March, but it's not all hair of course.

This is great news if those people have maintained.

Thanks to finasteride and minoxidil, it looks like I'll have my temples and most of my hairline on the right side back by summers end. So get a transplant and then catch a plane to Japan next year and I'm cured

Last edited:

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
or think the other way round, they populate these immune cells around these to-be dead follicles forcing them to start normal hair cycle again (sounds hypothetical but makes sense, all u have to do is hold onto those tiny bastard). This way, we will have a functional cure for sure.

i am more optimistic about Replicel now after watching this stern reply in Twitter.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
or think the other way round, they populate these immune cells around these to-be dead follicles forcing them to start normal hair cycle again (sounds hypothetical but makes sense, all u have to do is hold onto those tiny bastard). This way, we will have a functional cure for sure.

i am more optimistic about Replicel now after watching this stern reply in Twitter.

The fact that they make a public statement with such confidence with an impending data readout is only a good sign

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that they make a public statement with such confidence with an impending data readout is only a good sign

What do you think about their statement that its not a cure... I mean for someone who just started losing hair it is a cure?? Am I right?

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about their statement that its not a cure... I mean for someone who just started losing hair it is a cure?? Am I right?

Yes. You call it functioning cure then. Thats what they claim.

But the definition of a cure is when you heal every case of a disease. In terms of hairloss it means that also NW6 guys grow back everything. That why he says no to that.

Like That Guy I am hoping for a hair transplant + replicel to become Norwood 1 again..

Cant wait to see the f*****g data!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I believe they mean to say it doesn't restore a slick bald head.

If you still have hair, it should protect that hair.

If Follica really can create x amount of terminal and vellus hair, histogen can make vellus hair terminal and replicel immunizes them, then getting the 3 in that order would logically be NW7 back to 1.

If they all pan out, the next few years will look like flying around the map in street fighter

map.png

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe they mean to say it doesn't restore a slick bald head.

If you still have hair, it should protect that hair.

If Follica really can create x amount of terminal and vellus hair, histogen can make vellus hair terminal and replicel immunizes them, then getting the 3 in that order would logically be NW7 back to 1.

If they all pan out, the next few years will look like flying around the map in street fighter

map.png

lol

id gladly spend all my money and fly around the globe to get my hair back

i was just going to ask that question about nw7. which i will be in 10 years

its a nice theory. i hope it works

with replicel, would it only work on terminal hairs? what about already balding ones? would miniaturizing hairs grow back to terminal?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. You call it functioning cure then. Thats what they claim.

But the definition of a cure is when you heal every case of a disease. In terms of hairloss it means that also NW6 guys grow back everything. That why he says no to that.

Like That Guy I am hoping for a hair transplant + replicel to become Norwood 1 again..

Cant wait to see the f*****g data!

so replicel prevents further balding yes? even with already balding hair?