Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When does everyone think the results will be released, early feb? late feb? I'm surprised the data hasn't been leaked. The suspense is literally killing me.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn so like a week after AMD Zen? February is gonna be a good month. I'm already tired of winning and Trump has been in office for just ONE week...

tadaaa84

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I the only one here who is not that excited about Replicel..? From what I understand from the studies is that only 63% of all people responded to the treatment? And 70% of those who had responded had regrowth compared to Rogaine? That means going to Japan several time (and buy expensive flights) to receive several expensive treatments that only work in 63% and even if they work it might not be better than Rogaine? Sorry didn't mean to be a downer...maybe I interpreted the results the wrong way?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I the only one here who is not that excited about Replicel..? From what I understand from the studies is that only 63% of all people responded to the treatment? And 70% of those who had responded had regrowth compared to Rogaine? That means going to Japan several time (and buy expensive flights) to receive several expensive treatments that only work in 63% and even if they work it might not be better than Rogaine? Sorry didn't mean to be a downer...maybe I interpreted the results the wrong way?

70% of the people treated saw an increase in hair density of 14% in six months, this is what Rogaine and Propecia usually offer after 1 year of consistent use. At least one person saw an increase of 20% and there were a few who still lost hair so they probably didn't respond and that could be for any number of reasons currently unknown to us.

The mean calculation of these numbers is 6, but they only expected to get 5.

Shiseido is apparently "optimizing" this treatment in their phase 2 and is of course administering it in a higher quantity and we will get more data from the phase 1 trial next month. It has been 5 years since phase 1.

So far though, it appears that the treatment is exceeding their expectations even from initial safety trials. This is good.

tadaaa84

My Regimen
Reaction score
70% of the people treated saw an increase in hair density of 14% in six months, this is what Rogaine and Propecia usually offer after 1 year of consistent use. At least one person saw an increase of 20% and there were a few who still lost hair so they probably didn't respond and that could be for any number of reasons currently unknown to us.

Shiseido is apparently "optimizing" this treatment in their phase 2 and is of course administering it in a higher quantity and we will get more data from the phase 1 trial next month. It has been 5 years since phase 1.

So far though, it appears that the treatment is exceeding their expectations even from initial safety trials. This is good.

That sounds more promising then... and if I got that right the treatment could give permanent effects? Meaning..prevents future hairloss without having to renew it every year or two?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds more promising then... and if I got that right the treatment could give permanent effects? Meaning..prevents future hairloss without having to renew it every year or two?

That is the result they anticipate and we should know soon enough.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meaning..prevents future hairloss without having to renew it every year or two?

i dont even care about repeat treatment. all i want is maintenance without f*****g with my hormones. if i have to get repeat treatments every year to just to maintain my nw4 thats by fine me. i can fill the thinning areas with a hair transplant.

i have to admit i wasnt excited before, but i am pretty pumped up about the next couple of years with all these treatments coming out. i hope something can help me soon

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont even care about repeat treatment. all i want is maintenance without f*****g with my hormones. if i have to get repeat treatments every year to just to maintain my nw4 thats by fine me. i can fill the thinning areas with a hair transplant.

i have to admit i wasnt excited before, but i am pretty pumped up about the next couple of years with all these treatments coming out. i hope something can help me soon

I'm an early nw3, and I have high hopes that follica/histogen can help me gain me a Norwood then do a transplant if needed before heading in for replicel!

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@That Guy

What do you think this will do for young guys that currently have 0 hair loss but expect to have it in the future (balding relatives). Do you think 18 year olds could get this done (before the Androgenetic Alopecia process even begins) with NW0s and maintain for life?

From my understanding, they (Replicel/Shiseido) are extracting dermal sheath cup cells from the donor zone, multiplying them, then injecting them into the Androgenetic Alopecia zones. This replaces the depleted dermal sheath cup cells from the Androgenetic Alopecia zones and, because these newly injected dermal sheath cup cells were taken from androgen resistant donor zone, they will multiply in the Androgenetic Alopecia zones and be immune/highly resistant to androgens, effectively negating Androgenetic Alopecia.

But what if the dermal sheath cup cells in the Androgenetic Alopecia zones haven't been depleted/reduced yet? What will happen when you inject dermal sheath cup cells into areas that are replete with androgen sensitive dermal sheath cup cells? Will the newly injected cells transfer their immunity to the native androgen sensitive dermal sheath cup cells? Or would one have to wait until their native androgen sensitive dermal sheath cup cells die off before having the new androgen resistant ones injected?

Has anyone else thought about this?

Last edited:

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm an early nw3, and I have high hopes that follica/histogen can help me gain me a Norwood then do a transplant if needed before heading in for replicel!

sounds good to me mate. i really hope these companies do come out in the next few years. you guys seemed to be pretty excited, so i might as well be lol.

like i said, i am not greedy. maintenance is fine. i just hope these treatments come out before i lose too much hair for me to able to get back to a nw2.

my nw7 pattern is already showing and i expect to be fully bald in 10 years, so i hope to god something will be out soon!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think this will do for young guys that currently have 0 hair loss but expect to have it in the future (balding relatives). Do you think 18 year olds could get this done (before the Androgenetic Alopecia process even begins) with NW0s and maintain for life?

Assuming the results are permanent, I am not aware of any reason why not.

Will the newly injected cells transfer their immunity to the native androgen sensitive dermal sheath cup cells?

That's what they expect and hope for.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

They will be raising their expectations/benchmark for future trials, right?

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Most Interesting Man In The World 29012017102525.jpg

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They will be raising their expectations/benchmark for future trials, right?
Well in one of their only released videos they show an animation of a 3d model of a head getting back a full head of hair so.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's weird... In the video they talk about a full head of hair... but as ThatGuy correctly said, the results are from their safety trials. They expected only 5 percent but had 14,1 Percent.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Well in one of their only released videos they show an animation of a 3d model of a head getting back a full head of hair so.

That is their goal, and that's what they hope to do. They'll see if they can achieve that goal through their testing now.

Ikkaku

Established Member
Reaction score
If they can get back full head of hair, it's a cure!!
And what will happen for Tsuji?

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi replicel. I'm mdm not a from HairLossTalk.com forum. I beg you to work and come out quickly. Love you.