Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Watch them wind down their promises with each successive public statement between now and the release before they eventually deliver a sub-par treatment that can't even maintain hair.

But hey, at least the loser beta baldies will have something to get them through a few more years. By then they'll have latched their hopes onto something new and do it all over again. Pathetic.

They can't even f*****g stop hair loss without chopping your balls off yet but I'm sure cloning will somehow give you your hair back in just a few years from now.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Watch them wind down their promises with each successive public statement between now and the release before they eventually deliver a sub-par treatment that can't even maintain hair.

But hey, at least the loser beta baldies will have something to get them through a few more years. By then they'll have latched their hopes onto something new and do it all over again. Pathetic.

They can't even f*****g stop hair loss without chopping your balls off yet but I'm sure cloning will somehow give you your hair back in just a few years from now.
What promises did they wind down?

br1

Reaction score
They released 5 year safety results, but mentioned the efficacy of it as well. The problem was they weren't testing for efficacy so it wasn't a true readout of the treatments effectiveness. I believe it regrew something like 10%, but most experienced maintenance as well which was what most were excited about. Don't quote me on that, but that's what I seem to remember from it.
That was for a single dose. Nothing to do with efficacy. The efficacy data will be released by Shiseido Q4 next year. And Shiseido is trialing for efficacy (multiple injections with smaller dose)..

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If we're very, very lucky we'll see some new product on the market in 5+ years, as others rightly said.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
make it 10+ just to be sure.
oaqw4t.gif

Sometimes I want to freeze myself to 2099.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, guarantee the problem will be solved by 2099 where you will be able to choose any amount or characteristic of hair you want. Of course, you will be ridiculed, ostracized, persecuted because you were altered after birth by those engineered genetically perfect before placement in the artificial womb.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
TFLuL5cz.jpg

They went from "re-establish a full head of hair" to functional cure to hair maintenance and now stabilization of hair loss.

Coming up next, likely "manage" and "reduce" hair loss.

Judging from the picture, I would have said they learned to use photoshop to add hair to a CG character.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TFLuL5cz.jpg

They went from "re-establish a full head of hair" to functional cure to hair maintenance and now stabilization of hair loss.

Coming up next, likely "manage" and "reduce" hair loss.
Phase 1 goal was to prove the security of the treatment (which it did) we know now that worse case scenario is 10% regrowth and stabilitazion of hair loss for at least 5 years. Best case scenario we have not idea yet. For phase II they are gonna introduce changes in the way they proceed. I think we should just wait for eficacy results before calling them liars or getting hopes down or up. Spreading negativity for the shake of it doesn't help anyone

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Phase 1 goal was to prove the security of the treatment (which it did) we know now that worse case scenario is 10% regrowth and stabilitazion of hair loss for at least 5 years. Best case scenario we have not idea yet. For phase II they are gonna introduce changes in the way they proceed. I think we should just wait for eficacy results before calling them liars or getting hopes down or up. Spreading negativity for the shake of it doesn't help anyone

Yeah I'm not quite sure how people are coming to conclusions before efficacy has even been tested... their goal was to prove it could be safe, and people are taking safety trials as if that's all the treatment is capable of... it's like an artist tapping paint on a paper to see how it pulls, and someone saying I can tell your art is going to suck because of the way you test the colors...

A lot of the tweets they sent before releasing the safety data were to me, and sure they didn't claim this was a cure, but the point is they didn't make any claims. They basically jested that efficacy was sheisido's deal, so wait for them... a large company saw the science that hasn't been publicly disclosed to us, and purchased rights to take it to the market. I trust they saw something to motivate that move!

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we know now that worse case scenario is 10% regrowth and stabilitazion of hair loss for at least 5 years

Where did they post efficacy for 5 years? To my knowledge they only ever released information for 6, 12, and 24 months for efficacy. I think that is the source of confusion. Replicel (perhaps erroneously) stated they would also show efficacy for 5 years but never did.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did they post efficacy for 5 years? To my knowledge they only ever released information for 6, 12, and 24 months for efficacy. I think that is the source of confusion. Replicel (perhaps erroneously) stated they would also show efficacy for 5 years but never did.
They didn't, but in the 5 year safety data they said "an overall stabilization of hair loss among patients was observed" so that is the efficacy data we have from the security trials, the only ones that have been done so far. For real efficacy data we'll have to wait till phase II

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They didn't, but in the 5 year safety data they said "an overall stabilization of hair loss among patients was observed" so that is the efficacy data we have from the security trials, the only ones that have been done so far. For real efficacy data we'll have to wait till phase II

Ah yes, the ambiguous stabilization claim. Hopefully that means no further progression of hair loss and all regrowth was maintained. We will have to wait for Shiseido for real data.

Ianhair17

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything is failing regarding the development for treating hairloss as usual. Brotzu is the only light. If this fails too, there will not be anything promising till Shiseido will enter the market.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything is failing regarding the development for treating hairloss as usual. Brotzu is the only light. If this fails too, there will not be anything promising till Shiseido will enter the market.

Hardly, the only things that appear to being failing as of now would be Histogen and some of those drugs/topicals they've been testing. In the former's case, it will be too little too late; in the latter's case, that's no surprise.

To go on a bit of a rant, I personally think it's the most ***-backwards thing that in the 21st century, doctors still waste their time researching treatments for hairloss with f*****g topicals or oral drugs. It gives me eyeball AIDS every time I read some interesting piece of research where it ends with "We hope to create a topical solution or maybe some sort of drug one day..."

No. Just no. f*****g stop.

There are presently only two conceivable ways to create new human hair: Neogensis via wounding or culturing cells to create new follicles in vitro and then transplanting them with bioprinting being a plausible 3rd option — that's it so far.

We don't even have one of those technologies out of the clinic and into the market yet, but people somehow think we can just skip that step entirely and create a f*****g cream you can get at Bed, Bath & Beyond that will grow organs in your scalp. If such a product could ever exist, I feel it's obvious that having mastered hair multiplication through a more elaborate process is a requisite technological step.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score

*starts slow clap*