Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
With the clinical study of RCH-01 now successfully completed in Japan, RepliCel expects Shiseido to declare its near-term plans for RCH-01.
Shiseido is expected to announce soon whether it will commercially launch the product in Japan or conduct further development and clinical testing. RepliCel will not plan for a phase 2 clinical trial of this product until it has the RCI-02 injector commercially available to use in such a trial and it has clarity from Shiseido regarding its plans for the product in Japan..

McBald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, at least we know that they actually finished with the trials. But I also don't have a good feeling about this

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, at least we know that they actually finished with the trials. But I also don't have a good feeling about this

Exactly. The fact @Long John Silver has given us that The trials Are in The half time was not right. That is a good News that trials are completed. Maybe @Long John Silver was not able to translate The Conference right. Not his fault we could have done it by ourself too.

The Bad News Are that Maybe Shiseido could conduct further development and it is a very Bad sign that Replicel announces this opportunity because they Ever only mentioned a commercialization in Japan.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Bad News Are that Maybe Shiseido could conduct further development and it is a very Bad sign that Replicel announces this opportunity because they Ever only mentioned a commercialization in Japan.
They obviously have no clue how the trials went. So that they brought up the oppertunity of further development is in my pov no bad news per say. But it is definitly not good news either.... Just let us wait and see.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel has absolutely no clue, because they fucked it up with Shiseido. Now it's Shiseidos turn to decide, hope they will bring something good and not stop the whole story

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If we assume things go well

"RCI-02 and consumables – RepliCel's dermal injector and related consumables are now in the final stages of development and prototype manufacture. New European regulations have impacted the commercialization timelines. The Company anticipates commercial-grade prototypes will be available in late Q3/early Q4 with the timeline dependent on final part sourcing and design changes currently being finalized. This put us on track for an anticipated CE mark approval and product launch next year. More details will be shared in another announcement shortly."

Then phase 2 for Europe will start next year in 2020 because further development of RCH-01 won't continue without RCI-02, so we get more years to go with a European commercialization. Japan still holds the leads in some regard when it comes to commercialization if it can be released after phase 2 in Japan.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel has absolutely no clue, because they fucked it up with Shiseido. Now it's Shiseidos turn to decide, hope they will bring something good and not stop the whole story

BUT Replicel Seems to know that The trials finished. They Would not claim it of they don’t know it

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you even know that? are you speculating because they didn't announce it on the hour the testing was done?
If replicel had the chance to get the results asap and to publish a grounsbreaking new treatment they already would have. It would benefit their stock, their value and would accelerate their own trials/market release, so yeah they don't know anything

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If replicel had the chance to get the results asap and to publish a grounsbreaking new treatment they already would have. It would benefit their stock, their value and would accelerate their own trials/market release, so yeah they don't know anything

I really doubt it. Because what they're doing is not ground breaking as it is. Many other companies does what they do, and in pharmacy and other business where the technology edge it very expensive to come by, then they don't just walk out and say we have this and do it like this.

And why the rush? If they're going to get the benefits from the results from the japanese to the european research team, then why not wait until their RCI-02 is ready? so they have a fluent transition from one market to another.

If replicel strategy is to deliver a complete package, then there is no purpose to all of suddenly to disaggregate everything when others also do stem cell therapy, then what is it that makes replicel unique?

And sure stock market have something to say about future annoncements. but if they have one product that is ready and they other one is not. then it would look clumsy in my eyes, and why then invest further into that company?

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know if someone of shiseido will be among the speakers at the world congress for hair restoration?
Thanks in advance!

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody know if someone of shiseido will be among the speakers at the world congress for hair restoration?
Thanks in advance!

I know it. Jiro kishimoto (Shiseido) will speak about RCH-01on this Congress for 20 minutes. It has Been mentioned several times in this Forum and is The Reason for People being so excited for The Event.

18.10 – 18.30 Autologous cell-based therapy for hair loss using dermal sheath cup cells- Basic concept and clinical application. Jiro Kishimoto

Last edited:

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it. Jiro kishimoto (Shiseido) will speak about RCH-01on this Congress for 20 minutes. It has Been mentioned several times in this Forum and is The Reason for People being so excited for The Event.

would be useless if no one here is able to attend it.

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has Shiseido finished its second phase trial ? or is the news only about Replicel ?

Also, when is this conference due ?
And if the results are "correct". Are we expecting the miracle to break out in 5years in Japan or something like that ?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has Shiseido finished its second phase trial ? or is the news only about Replicel ?

Also, when is this conference due ?
And if the results are "correct". Are we expecting the miracle to break out in 5years in Japan or something like that ?

At the 2017 10th World Congress for Hair Research (the one where hellouser went sponsored) there was this presentation:

11:40-12:40 Autologous cell-based therapy for hair loss using Dermal Sheath Cup Cells (DSCC). Basic concept and clinical research study in Japan Jiro KISHIMOTO Global Innovation Center, Shiseido Co., Ltd., Japan

I can't manage to find the presentation in the thread, though.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so they are just giving the exact same presentation again?

upload_2019-3-9_15-35-29.png

that is 2017 the presentation. Source: https://www.congre.co.jp/wchr2017/data/oral171027.pdf

upload_2019-3-9_15-37-16.png

this is the presentation title this year.

So the title changed form clinical research to clinicla application.
To answer your question... it seems not to be exact the same presentation.

For me it sounds like a small hint in direction to comercalisation.
(A very small hint)

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 114705
that is 2017 the presentation. Source: https://www.congre.co.jp/wchr2017/data/oral171027.pdf

View attachment 114706
this is the presentation title this year.

So the title changed form clinical research to clinicla application.
To answer your question... it seems not to be exact the same presentation.

For me it sounds like a small hint in direction to comercalisation.
(A very small hint)

Do you know if hellouser managed to record any of this 2017 presentation ? thanks

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reactions: br1