Replicel available by 2017?

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even if it was permanent they were probably going to find a way to make it not permanent in order to make more money.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Even if it was permanent they were probably going to find a way to make it not permanent in order to make more money.

Humanity right there.. the world would be a much better place if we searched for real answers and not profit.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The world would be a much better place if nature wasn't so cruel and unfair.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
GREAT.. just great.. so for the ones like me with aggressive baldness it would basically be a waste.. because the balding will go on?

I'm sorry, i could be wrong. I dont know anymore..

http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/about/replicel-fact-sheet/repilcel_facts.pdf

"Once injected, it is
anticipated that:
•
implanted cells will
migrate to damaged or
dormant follicles and
help rejuvenate them
•
cells will induce the
formation of new hair
follicle growth"

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
GREAT.. just great.. so for the ones like me with aggressive baldness it would basically be a waste.. because the balding will go on?

It's pure speculation based on one person's own opinion. If anything, it's more likely that the balding process would stop, as that's what Aderans' procedure was able to do;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_cloning#Aderans_Research_Institute

Read the last line about Aderans.

There's of course a chance that Replicel will act the same way.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
The world would be a much better place if nature wasn't so cruel and unfair.

Yepp but it is so we have to deal with it and do our best.. Not that things like this is easy to accept, sometimes I feel like I'll never give into being bald even if I have one strand left (well i feel like this most of the time actually), but still it happened to me... The world IS ****ed up, in a lot of ways

- - - Updated - - -

It's pure speculation based on one person's own opinion. If anything, it's more likely that the balding process would stop, as that's what Aderans' procedure was able to do;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_cloning#Aderans_Research_Institute

Read the last line about Aderans.

There's of course a chance that Replicel will act the same way.

it sucks that aderans were discontinued. what if the same happens with replicel? we'll be back at the start :/

Rocklee

Reaction score
Yepp but it is so we have to deal with it and do our best.. Not that things like this is easy to accept, sometimes I feel like I'll never give into being bald even if I have one strand left (well i feel like this most of the time actually), but still it happened to me... The world IS ****ed up, in a lot of ways

- - - Updated - - -

it sucks that aderans were discontinued. what if the same happens with replicel? we'll be back at the start :/

Yes... It sucks.
but the question is what will happen in the future with Replicel.. To be honest i think this could be a toimesolution.. But is it working? Are there any pics of people which get the treatment ?

lg

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's more of a time problem:

- They need to find the right dose.
- they need to see if it is safe.
- they need to see the results (I heard they were good).

Mixing this with no ones gives a f*** about baldness even knowing that you can become rich with it results in a time problem. They just seem to take there time...

maher

Banned
Reaction score

Of course its speculation. Everything is pure speculation up to a point, when product comes on market and gets tested by average Joe.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
On the topic of the time of availability: This hairIosscure2020.com website neither cited a source, nor did they give any reason why RepliCel's RCH should be available in 2017. They just write it without any source or reasoning and you buy it? On top of that, they said that Phase 2b is scheduled to take 1 year, whereas in fact it is scheduled to take more like 1.5 years. Treatment (up to 90 days from the beginning of trials) + 1-year follow up. Thus, the trials themselves take 1 year and three months + data evaluation.

On the topic of "the cure": Guys, seriously, this has been discussed so many times. Do you not read the posts or do you forget them? The one-injection safety trials achieved between 5 and 20% regrowth in responders, with an average of 11-14%. These were safety trials, thus with a low dose, and only one single injection.
During current Phase 2b trials they test higher doses and one of the trial groups follows a multi-injection protocol instead of one. In summary: Higher doses and more injections (probably two for now).
If we see 11-14% (maximum 20%) of regrowth with only one low-dose injection, I personally think, also given how RepliCel's approach works, that much better results can be expected from a two-injection protocol at higher doses.

People, learn to read and to question your sources.

And yes, balding will continue with RepliCel's treatment. RepliCel's RCH just restores follicles to old health, so you might need to refresh every few years depending on how aggressive your Androgenetic Alopecia is. In my case, I would probably need to refresh every 8 years (took me approximately 8 years to get to Norwood 3.5). But maybe less, as T and DHT levels usually decrease after the age of 30.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
And yes, balding will continue with RepliCel's treatment. RepliCel's RCH just restores follicles to old health, so you might need to refresh every few years depending on how aggressive your Androgenetic Alopecia is.

Since I am female and want to have long-ish hair, and my balding is too fast for words, it looks rather bad for me...

Also I thought you said Replicel had gotten full regrowth on someone? 5-20% regrowth in RESPONDERS (so not everyone), is pretty bad. do you have to increase the dose a lot to get a good result? is that healthy?

And sorry benjt, not everyone has a researcher background here so we don't understand everything and need to be told maybe more than once to understand it better, dont flip because of it.

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
Also I thought you said Replicel had gotten full regrowth on someone? 5-20% regrowth in RESPONDERS (so not everyone), is pretty bad. do you have to increase the dose a lot to get a good result? is that healthy?

Yes, about 1-20% regrowth in responders, three had less hair. That is not good results, but the focus was on safety. There were no safety concerns found to date, and they have extended the trial to continue monitoring the patients. They will have to increase the dosage and will be trying three dosages in Phase IIB trials and two frequencies. In theory efficacy should improve and it should remain safe. Time will tell. Shiseido will also be conducting their own trials. I have not seen anything regarding their trials with regarding sample size, number of dosages, etc.

I have also read that the cells may migrate away after each hair cycle. So you may still continue to bald. It could be 2-6 years, better, or worse. The purpose of the trials is to verify this.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
If we only had this treatment 20 years ago, just imagine all the suffering it could have stopped.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The analyst's report which I cited in the other thread stated that there is no indication against repeated injections for additional effect. It was estimated that dosage increase can lead to up to 50% regrowth in treated areas for a single injection, if I remember correctly.

I assume, as these numbers were from RepliCel, that they were rather well-founded. But as macbeth81 says, we will know more after the end of Phase IIB in approximately 1.5 years. Maybe RepliCel will release some intermediate data, maybe not, but we will have it latest at the end of 2016.

dps

Banned
Reaction score
mmm what about histogen, does male pattern baldness continue after treatment? thus requiring maintenance treatment?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
mmm what about histogen, does male pattern baldness continue after treatment? thus requiring maintenance treatment?

It continues to grow, even after 1 year after only one injection. Lucky for you, there's a new video from Histogen's Gail Naughton posted just yesterday. Watch below;

[video=youtube;WIM-vA6l0u8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIM-vA6l0u8[/video]

Pay close attention to what she says at 4:45

'So we're moving forward right now with the strategy to do our final clinical trial for approval in Japan starting early next year for male pattern baldness.'

That is going to make Evillocks very happy considering it works for women as well.... I'm happy for myself with this news but definitely happy for her... she definitely deserves better.

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
Great news. Histogen has definitely overcome a lot of adversity these past years.

The average terminal hair counts were on par with the best responders of Replicel. Hopefully they can safely increase the dosage for even more yield. On her slides she mentions vellus hair increase demonstrates HSC can rescue dying follicles. Hopefully multiple injections can progressively revive and strengthen hairs in a balded region.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so that means a release in the next 3 years in tokyo.

that is fellas. at least. sth to immoprtalize my hair and dense it even more.

in 2016 i am joinning the army in 2017 i am out in 2018 i get hsc, nothing stops me now.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score