Replicel available by 2017?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
It's available now if you know someone with rheumatoid arthritis....

Yeah but it needs to be approved for alopecia treatment still. But I would be over the moon with joy if I had areata at this point, at least they have a VERY promising treatment that just needs approval for hair loss. We have hope at best..

- - - Updated - - -

If tofa was the cure for Androgenetic Alopecia(theoretically speaking), would you take it? considering its a realtively dangerous drug, not even allowed in EU.

I dont know what tofa is but if it's a dangerous drug I don't think i would take it.

- - - Updated - - -

My bad, tofa is the drug for alopecia areata.. did not know what the name was until i googled! but yeah if its very dangerous i dont know if i would take it

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If tofa was the cure for Androgenetic Alopecia(theoretically speaking), would you take it? considering its a realtively dangerous drug, not even allowed in EU.

I have some of it stuck in customs after getting some from a group buy, so yeah, I'm more than willing to take it (but only topically).

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys really think this could be the thing we all waited for?
im not perfect in english.. And i cant find this in my language.
is there anyone who could tell me how Replicel is working?

No. They need to improve yield significantly, which is what they are supposedly going to start testing.

Unfortunately, they are the only plausible option before 2020. Histogen is busy on cosmetic skin care products, Follica proved to grow mainly vellus hairs, and everything else is decades away. Replicel is based on research published in 2003. Here we are in 11 years later and we only know it is safe and yields from 0-20% new hairs. The only thing giving this credibility is third-party buy-in from Shiseido. We will know either way in 2016-2017, because Replicel will have Phase IIB data.

resu

Reaction score
A treatment that doesn't restore all the hair won't cost that much, a 15% (random number) increase in hair density at $3,000 is still pushing it.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
I have some of it stuck in customs after getting some from a group buy, so yeah, I'm more than willing to take it (but only topically).

:D. no ****.. You think you gonna get it? Did other guys got it? how much for $$?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
No. They need to improve yield significantly, which is what they are supposedly going to start testing.

Unfortunately, they are the only plausible option before 2020. Histogen is busy on cosmetic skin care products, Follica proved to grow mainly vellus hairs, and everything else is decades away. Replicel is based on research published in 2003. Here we are in 11 years later and we only know it is safe and yields from 0-20% new hairs. The only thing giving this credibility is third-party buy-in from Shiseido. We will know either way in 2016-2017, because Replicel will have Phase IIB data.

Are you kidding me? 0-20% new hairs? That's not a cure.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
I dont know what tofa is but if it's a dangerous drug I don't think i would take it.

- - - Updated - - -

My bad, tofa is the drug for alopecia areata.. did not know what the name was until i googled! but yeah if its very dangerous i dont know if i would take it

I was thinking the same. Never had the guts to take finasteride.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
:D. no ****.. You think you gonna get it? Did other guys got it? how much for $$?

Other guys got it, yes. Not sure about the others, not a lot of guys went in on the group buy. It was much less than the actual price from Pfizer... producing it doesnt actually cost $2k. That price is to cover any lawsuits and the R&D/trials that went into it, so its very highly inflated.

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? 0-20% new hairs? That's not a cure.

No. That is all they have proven. They provide their Phase I/IIa results all the time. I suspect they improve those results but how much is unknown. Animal tests (mice) showed 50% increase, but mice have been cured of male pattern baldness for years.

http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/Phase-I-IIa-Interim-Results.pdf

I agree resu. A 15% for $3,000 is probably not even worth commercializing. I suspect NBT Equities inflated their numbers to make Replicel appear potentially more profitable.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Other guys got it, yes. Not sure about the others, not a lot of guys went in on the group buy. It was much less than the actual price from Pfizer... producing it doesnt actually cost $2k. That price is to cover any lawsuits and the R&D/trials that went into it, so its very highly inflated.

Are they gonna report about the progress? what forum? Will they use it topically?

Rocklee

Reaction score

Hmm.. Sounds interesting.. But yeah i dont know.. Im not shure. Maybe its a flop like most of these things..
But we should hope that this is THE CURE...

Python

Established Member
Reaction score

Are you going to be using it with that new versapro vehicle? I had to quit the other salfa experiment because I couldn't take the pains, it was going systemic and not just locally. And this was just mixed with minoxidil

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you going to be using it with that new versapro vehicle? I had to quit the other salfa experiment because I couldn't take the pains, it was going systemic and not just locally. And this was just mixed with minoxidil

I'll be using it with ethanol/pg, the stuff has a very small molecular weight, so it should be fine. Dr. Christiano, I believe, ran some topical studies with it on mice with a 0.1 to 0.5% concentration and it worked just as well as orally. Of course, this has been ongoing for AA for the last three years so the notion to ignore its use for Androgenetic Alopecia is largely bullsh*t.

Also, read this:

http://www.sinclairdermatology.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Alopecia-is-reversible.pdf

Pay attention to this line in that PDF:

CD8[SUP]+[/SUP] T[SUB]EM[/SUB] cells expressed high levels of IFN-γ and exhibited NKG2D-dependent cytotoxicity against ex vivo–expanded syngeneic dermal sheath target cells.

Alopecia areata destroys dermal sheath cells, which according to the Replicel theory are also responsible for miniaturization in male pattern baldness! This suggests that since areata sufferers sometimes achieve full regrowth, the same should be possible with male pattern baldness.

So... tofacitinib COULD very well be beneficial to Androgenetic Alopecia.... but again, nobody has given a fvck about Androgenetic Alopecia because all other alopecia's are looked at as a badge of honour, but regular bald is seen with disgust. Go figure.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll be using it with ethanol/pg, the stuff has a very small molecular weight, so it should be fine. Dr. Christiano, I believe, ran some topical studies with it on mice with a 0.1 to 0.5% concentration and it worked just as well as orally. Of course, this has been ongoing for AA for the last three years so the notion to ignore its use for Androgenetic Alopecia is largely bullsh*t.

Also, read this:

http://www.sinclairdermatology.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Alopecia-is-reversible.pdf

Pay attention to this line in that PDF:

Alopecia areata destroys dermal sheath cells, which according to the Replicel theory are also responsible for miniaturization in male pattern baldness! This suggests that since areata sufferers sometimes achieve full regrowth, the same should be possible with male pattern baldness.

So... tofacitinib COULD very well be beneficial to Androgenetic Alopecia.... but again, nobody has given a fvck about Androgenetic Alopecia because all other alopecia's are looked at as a badge of honour, but regular bald is seen with disgust. Go figure.

Yup, we always get the rear end. I am thinking about buying a "cancer survivor" shirt, maybe then will people look at me respectfully and not pityfully. But yeah, we need a trial on tofacitinib.

I just worry that its not going to be a controlled experiment from the particpants . specially since the new cb vehicle.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, we always get the rear end. I am thinking about buying a "cancer survivor" shirt, maybe then will people look at me respectfully and not pityfully. But yeah, we need a trial on tofacitinib.

I just worry that its not going to be a controlled experiment from the particpants . specially since the new cb vehicle.

hilarious!

HairShocka

Reaction score
Hmm.. Sounds interesting.. But yeah i dont know.. Im not shure. Maybe its a flop like most of these things..
But we should hope that this is THE CURE...

As far as I know, Replicel isn't a cure in that it's not altering our genes or doing something to make our follicles/scalp immune to balding. It restores your hair and then balding will progress again after the regrowth effects taper off. Means you'll have to go back for treatment.

Right everyone?

- - - Updated - - -

and by the way, unless Histogen has a phenomenal breakthrough, I personally would take Replicel over Histogen even if Histogen's results are superior. Stimulating growth of all cells good and bad sounds like risky business.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
hellouser;1202312[COLOR=#282828 said:
but again, nobody has given a fvck about Androgenetic Alopecia because all other alopecia's are looked at as a badge of honour, but regular bald is seen with disgust. Go figure.[/COLOR]

SO true!!

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know, Replicel isn't a cure in that it's not altering our genes or doing something to make our follicles/scalp immune to balding. It restores your hair and then balding will progress again after the regrowth effects taper off. Means you'll have to go back for treatment.

Right everyone?

Replicel takes cells from healthy follicles and injects them into the scalp, so in theory (hopefully) the new hairs would be immune to DHT. I think?

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Replicel takes cells from healthy follicles and injects them into the scalp, so in theory (hopefully) the new hairs would be immune to DHT. I think?

I dont think thats the case... Replicel isolates certain type of dermal cells and inject them back, that leads to rejuvination of the existing hair follicles (miniaturized or dormant) I think the result of the treatment will not be permanent.

Rocklee

Reaction score
I dont think thats the case... Replicel isolates certain type of dermal cells and inject them back, that leads to rejuvination of the existing hair follicles (miniaturized or dormant) I think the result of the treatment will not be permanent.

But you think maybe it can be a solution for 2-3 years?..
So all of us will get the hair back?

lg

EvilLocks

Reaction score

GREAT.. just great.. so for the ones like me with aggressive baldness it would basically be a waste.. because the balding will go on?