Replicel available by 2017?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
This article claims that Replicel COULD be available by 2017 in Japan! What do you think? Of course this is best case scenario... I know I'm probably day dreaming and it won't happen (I'm used to being dissapointed), but if this became a reality I would definitely travel to Japan to have the treatment done...

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
It is possible but they have to prove efficacy. That will be answered by 2016 with both Shiseido (H1 2015) and Replicel (Q4 2014) running trials. Shiseido obviously saw potential. Their investment was low risk (mostly performance based). However they took an unnecessary risk by doing their own trials AND building a supporting facility. They could have let Replicel complete Phase IIB on their own to prove efficacy before taking that risk themselves. Shiseido does have deep pockets though, so who knows. Stay tune two years from now. The best we can do now is soak in what little tidbits they release until then.

I am also interested in longevity of the hairs. Not much is discussed about this. I would gladly pay $30,000-60,000 for hair restoration, but I cannot afford that every few years if they are only temporary...

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I am also interested in longevity of the hairs. Not much is discussed about this. I would gladly pay $30,000-60,000 for hair restoration, but I cannot afford that every few years if they are only temporary...

Me too... but a "cure" that doesn't give long lasting hair is not a cure at all. All the trouble they might run into worries me a bit. Also how will they make sure the new hairs grow in the right place, at the right angle, of the right colour and texture? Do not wanna end up with a little hair here and a little there really. Like you I would GLADLY pay that much money for a cure, if it gave me a life long (or near) full head of hair that looks natural. I mean the price is very steep but I think anyone who is desperate enough is willing to shell out on that.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've mentioned it before a number of times that Japan's new legislation allows for conditional commercial release of a treatment DURING phase II trials. As far as I know, Shiseido/Replicel aim to take advantage of this, so anytime between 2015-2017 we could GET a treatment from them.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I've mentioned it before a number of times that Japan's new legislation allows for conditional commercial release of a treatment DURING phase II trials. As far as I know, Shiseido/Replicel aim to take advantage of this, so anytime between 2015-2017 we could GET a treatment from them.

Yes I know you have mentioned it before :) Just wanted more people's opinion. Let's hope they get it right..

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
well that means get off your asses and start working hard!

Everyone should have ambitions regardless of wanting hair or not. But yeah, the treatment won't be 'cheap' but I can't really see how it will cost $30,000 when their treatment for Tendonosis is supposed to cost $3-5,000, which is VERY similar to the Androgenetic Alopecia treatment.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
2017? lets hope zombie apocalypse wont get in a way...

I read somewhere that session will cost from 2000-4000$. I guess price will be comparable to hair transplant, proportional to bald area.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
2017? lets hope zombie apocalypse wont get in a way...

I read somewhere that session will cost from 2000-4000$. I guess price will be comparable to hair transplant, proportional to bald area.

Don't think it will be as low as $2,000. Check this:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3775771951001/new-fix-for-tendon-injuries/

At the end of it the host asks how much will it cost for the treatment of tendonosis, and David Hall gives a straight up answer 'this is probably going to be 3,000 to 5,000 dollars.'

The Androgenetic Alopecia treatment should be *around* the same price. If it's a little more I won't be too bothered... but $30,000 is nuts.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Everyone should have ambitions regardless of wanting hair or not. But yeah, the treatment won't be 'cheap' but I can't really see how it will cost $30,000 when their treatment for Tendonosis is supposed to cost $3-5,000, which is VERY similar to the Androgenetic Alopecia treatment.
Yes but keeping in mind that treatment may come out soon(fingers crossed), we can use it to fuel our desire to fulfill our ambitions :D.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
I used to said when Androgenetic Alopecia treatment will be avaliable, we'll be able to cure diabetes, some autoimune dis, and some cancer. So, what do you think pharma. feels about that?

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
Me too... but a "cure" that doesn't give long lasting hair is not a cure at all. All the trouble they might run into worries me a bit. Also how will they make sure the new hairs grow in the right place, at the right angle, of the right colour and texture? Do not wanna end up with a little hair here and a little there really. Like you I would GLADLY pay that much money for a cure, if it gave me a life long (or near) full head of hair that looks natural. I mean the price is very steep but I think anyone who is desperate enough is willing to shell out on that.

Dermal sheath cup cells can rejuvenate existing miniaturized hairs. Those hairs will obviously have their original place, angle, colour, and texture. It can also generate new hair follicles. I have no clue how those will turn out though.

There are people desperate enough to pay the price, but that will price-out a good portion of the population. I don't see how it could be commercially success at that price unless they showed significant results (full hair restoration with longevity).

Japan is definitely doing things right. These days with the Internet, people will find out if treatment can live up to its claims. Regulators should be concerned with safety.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Dermal sheath cup cells can rejuvenate existing miniaturized hairs. Those hairs will obviously have their original place, angle, colour, and texture. It can also generate new hair follicles. I have no clue how those will turn out though.

By the time Replicel (hopefully) becomes available I will probably have little hair left so I am dependant on those new follicles. But I also heard that the follicles do not dissapear in Androgenetic Alopecia, but become dormant. I hope this is true and that Replicel will be able to turn those dormant follicles into healthy ones. If I KNEW this would work and become available within a reasonable amount of time, plus that it's safe, I would be ecstatic, but I have this feeling Replicel will somehow not work out :/ Maybe it's just me being negative as usual, I hope so. But a lot of things could go wrong or not work the way we all want it to...

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
2017 would be an acceptable release date, considering how slow things go. But like benji pointed out a few times, there would only be very few places that would be able to perform it. So we would have a bottle neck and probably the richest would get first dibs. This could go on for who knows how long.

So I think we still need to get it to USA asap. I just hope the fda doesn't **** everything up like they always do.

Alphus

Reaction score
Will we finish also with alopecia areata and totalis? I hope this replicel will fix all these problems, not only Androgenetic Alopecia. :)

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Will we finish also with alopecia areata and totalis? I hope this replicel will fix all these problems, not only Androgenetic Alopecia. :)

To my knowledge they might already have discovered a cure for Alopecia Areata, and if all goes well it should be available within few years.

Rocklee

Reaction score
You guys really think this could be the thing we all waited for?
im not perfect in english.. And i cant find this in my language.
is there anyone who could tell me how Replicel is working?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
To my knowledge they might already have discovered a cure for Alopecia Areata, and if all goes well it should be available within few years.

It's available now if you know someone with rheumatoid arthritis....

maher

Banned
Reaction score
If tofa was the cure for Androgenetic Alopecia(theoretically speaking), would you take it? considering its a realtively dangerous drug, not even allowed in EU.