Recommendations On Oral Minoxidil (dosage And Sources)

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, have you heard of sides going away with continued use of oral min? I really hate to have to give up this part of my regimen but with only 2.5 mg I could actually feel significant water retention.
I can't say I've experienced anything like that, maybe you are just hyper sensitive to the drug? Continued use may make the side effects go away.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you taking it in the morning or at night?
Dosing at night. I was using the minoxidil. solution so it is possible that I was getting a few extra mgs from volumetric dosing. I might get loniten and see what happens when i take exactly 2.5 mg.

ljb118

Reaction score
Dosing at night. I was using the minoxidil. solution so it is possible that I was getting a few extra mgs from volumetric dosing. I might get loniten and see what happens when i take exactly 2.5 mg.

Honestly... Why drink it? What is the point?

If you want to take minoxidil orally take the oral version.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back on oral minoxidil. So far, 2 weeks at 2.5 mg/day and I haven't noticed any side effects this time...makes me wonder if the sides were 'in my head' during my first trial of oral minoxidil.

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back on oral minoxidil. So far, 2 weeks at 2.5 mg/day and I haven't noticed any side effects this time...makes me wonder if the sides were 'in my head' during my first trial of oral minoxidil.
Loniten or similar? I used to get mine from QHI but they seem to be shut down now. Off it a year now, but would consider going back on if it could be easily got.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Loniten or similar? I used to get mine from QHI but they seem to be shut down now. Off it a year now, but would consider going back on if it could be easily got.
I'm taking oral min @AnxiousAndy style. Drinking the liquid. Bumped up to 5 mg today.

ValiantThor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've just been prescribed 5mg Oral daily from my GP. This is also the same dose my brother is on from Dr Path in Thailand.

However, I have also seen this - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4887583/

Dr Sinclair from Australia puts women on 0.25mg (and in some cases increases up to 0.5mg) daily.

Also, this resource says 0.625mg is the right dose - http://www.srft.nhs.uk/EasysiteWeb/getresource.axd?AssetID=88353&type=full&servicetype=Inline

I'm concerned I'm taking too much at 5mg daily. In general I response very well to medications, i.e. I am very sensitive to them.

My question is - let's say I wanted to start taking 0.5mg or 1mg per day, how would I go about this? My tablets are 10mg and a pretty small to start with.

Do people crush them up, put them in water and use a dropper or something?

el_duterino

Reaction score
I am taking 5mg a day using the bottles I bought in thaliand

Very cheap

No side effects

Cannot use too much on women's unless they want a mustache and body hair

ValiantThor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah yes, that makes perfect sense. Still, the results you can see in the Dr Sinclair article from 3-6 months of 0.25mg are very good.

Personally, I don't like the idea of any more body hair either, or puffy face / weigh gain / fluid retention.

I can 1/4 the pills easily enough (2.5mg) and so will run with this for 6 months and see what happens (not to mention my $40 AUD bottle will now last for 400 days). I had a bad experience with Propecia and am still quite shy when it comes to hair medication.

Thank you for sharing.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am taking 5mg a day using the bottles I bought in thaliand

Very cheap

No side effects

Cannot use too much on women's unless they want a mustache and body hair
Did you drop the topical minoxidil? I'm using both oral and topical at the moment.

hlr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there, Long time lurker just wanting to help in this undeveloped area (oral minoxidil)
Currently taking oral minoxidil 2mg the day I microneedle (1xWeek), in liquid form, minoxidil diluted in pg for better dossage, I had a bad experience buying minoxidil from non-official sources this is why I do not use Loniten. (i hope this count as presentation)

I will read the studies you have linked, but just wanted to share some pics i collected from 2 or 3 different papers (dont remember wich ones but all from pubmed, you can search) I based my dossage on this so I hope it helps

minoxidil.jpg

* All the information in red was drawn/written by me just to help to check the measurements.

All coments are welcome even negative ones as long as they are based on scientific/medical research.

Edit: Currently no sides / no remarkable improvement

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im taking 1.25mg ed from December 21st, shedding hair around 4 weeks later, now when i shower i find maximum couple of hairs when shampoo on hands. I get Loniten 2.5mg from babylon health(phone app) private prescription

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil seems to have helped slightly with the thinning on the top of my head but it has done nothing for my crown, i started applying topical at night on my crown along with taking my 10mg minoxidil.

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil seems to have helped slightly with the thinning on the top of my head but it has done nothing for my crown, i started applying topical at night on my crown along with taking my 10mg minoxidil.

How long have you been on oral minoxidil? And do you take anything else?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been on oral minoxidil? And do you take anything else?

I have been on it for like 4 or 5 months, can't remember exactly. Im also dutasteride, although i started that later than oral minoxidil.

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on it for like 4 or 5 months, can't remember exactly. Im also dutasteride, although i started that later than oral minoxidil.

I don't know how you tolerate 10mg. I tried 2.5mg for a week, thought that was strong dose. I reduced to 1.25mg with no sides. I have noticed my hands and nose hair have grown longer.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know how you tolerate 10mg. I tried 2.5mg for a week, thought that was strong dose. I reduced to 1.25mg with no sides. I have noticed my hands and nose hair have grown longer.

Yeah i have noticed increase of hair on the back of my hands and nose hair, sadly not noticed any serious growth on my crown where i want it :(

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i have noticed increase of hair on the back of my hands and nose hair, sadly not noticed any serious growth on my crown where i want it :(

Maybe taking the dutasteride later on has interrupted the growth. I'm sure you will have excellent results in 6 month's time at that dose and with dutasteride.