Really Want To Take Finasteride But Horrified Of The Sides

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t developing pfs have to do with your hormones getting screwed up? Damage to neurosteroids that can cause depression and damage to hormones that affect libido? I mean I could get nocebo but not pfs.

95% PFSers has hormones back to normal levels after discontinuing antiandrogens and still they believe that their bodies just shut off.

Jack Burt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
95% PFSers has hormones back to normal levels after discontinuing antiandrogens and still they believe that their bodies just shut off.
so you are saying that it is also a psychological/placebo issue?

INT

Reaction score

That is because the 2 leading theories for the mechanism behind PFS are not related to hormonal levels but to receptor mutations and neurosteroid deprivation

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so you are saying that it is also a psychological/placebo issue?
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Psychosomatic. A lot of these people have problems to begin with, and having something to blame just comforts them.

Jack Burt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Psychosomatic. A lot of these people have problems to begin with, and having something to blame just comforts them.
INT’s comment is interesting. I have also read this theory.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its only theory without any practical evidence

Jack Burt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Time will tell
What worries me is that the drug could have long term sides and create irreparable damage for many more that haven’t experienced issues yet. There are no studies with people who have been using this for over twenty years I believe.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

No i think its more the other way round. Im sure a lot of PFS sufferers are just hypogonadal (low T, raised E) but none actually take any initiative to change it and rely on stupid herbal supplements and water fasts. Not however knocking the true pfs sufferers as i do believe a small % may have some sort of neurological reaction to it.

Limbodo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Makes me lmao every time i see someone scared of finasteride

the drug does practically nothing, either positive or negative, it's an extremely weak anti-androgen. same can be said for dutasteride too. the fear of anti androgens is only justified in the case of cb, bical etc. ie stuff that actually works

INT

Reaction score

the drug does practically nothing, either positive or negative, it's an extremely weak anti-androgen. same can be said for dutasteride too. the fear of anti androgens is only justified in the case of cb, bical etc. ie stuff that actually works

Is ignorance a side effect of the drugs you mentioned and if so, are you on them?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

The fear of CB ? CB is far safer than finasteride.

As for finasteride its not an AA..Its a 5ar inhibitor - an enzyme which does a lot more than just convert test to DHT.

Jack Burt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

wat

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Where did you get this from?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I highly doubt that there's a whole movement, a few thousands of people claiming to suffer and a board of MDs involved in this PFS thing .... All for nothing. Where there's smoke, there's a fire.

Jack Burt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I highly doubt that there's a whole movement, a few thousands of people claiming to suffer and a board of MDs involved in this PFS thing .... All for nothing. Where there's smoke, there's a fire.
have you ever tried it? what medications have you tried in general?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
20+ years have past How much more time do you need?
To he honest, probably 50. Look at the tobacco industry. It took a long time to get from doctors recommending Camel's to them saying hey, you may get cancer among other things....

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
have you ever tried it? what medications have you tried in general?
No man, I've only tried minoxidil a few years back. It proved to be too much of a burden so I quit. I would rather follow a pill treatment than that neurotic applying of the foam. It makes always focus, wonder and gravitate around the issue.
I also tried Saw Palmetto and a bunch of vitamins.... Snake oils pretty much....
I was and still am on standby regarding Finasteride because even though I absolutely value my hair, I value my overall wellbeing above the hair. I can't imagine not having the sex drive and not being able to get hard or to require manual stimulation to achieve an erection.
I di read a lot about it and everyonce in a while reach out to different users to see and learn from their experience.