Reality check for bald or balding folks here

not_bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello to everyone here.

I will keep this very short.

Treat your obsession / depression for hair loss and not hair loss itself. Go to a proper psychiatrist and leave ego at the door. Accept that you are losing hair or have lost your hair, buzz it or shave it, then move on.

The psychiatrist, along with medication and cognitive behavioral therapy will help dive deeper into the real issue that manifests as hair loss.

Do not lose your precious years over something no one cares about except yourself and perhaps a few unfortunate superficial people you bump into.

You won’t be able to do this yourself. Psychiatrist, medication, behavioral therapy, time and - if you have the privilege - support from your loved ones.

There won’t be any cure. There won’t be any treatment. I the only obstacle standing between the current “you” and the future version of “you”, free from all of this, is your brain.

I’d also like to mention that hair loss is a laughable “disease”, once you break from your shell and find out what actually goes on in the world. Or if you are unfortunate enough to experience an actual “bad” situation that - I promise you - will erase your balding concern in spectacular fashion.

Get treated. Be free. You are worth a lot more than your hair. Also, since a hot issue here is finding a female partner, you will be amazed at how many females are single at your age. This will be part of CBT but in short, going out and becoming a sociable person - along with medication and avoiding bad stimuli - guarantees success.

Have a great day.

Last edited:

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a really good message for anyone enduring balding at a young age, but unfortunately their are a few 1st world cucks that spam this forum who actually believe there lives are over because of hair recession. Lol there are people living in the worst imaginable circumstances that have less of a victim mentality then the incels here.
But nah hair and having a chad jawline is 99% of what makes up an attractive human being bros

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
First lose hair then gi and take antidepressants and cbt. Rather take finastride and save hair else go into depression. Pr2vention is better than cure. Our looks are a major part of our desirability and hair loss substantially changes our faces and hence our desirability. We live for our image social status and iur physical attraction is a major fraction of our desirability. Many phychological issues are a result of lost desirability and hair loss is one of the causes. Little wonder it can cause depression.its not a small issue at all.precisely why hair transplants are life changing for people.
That's a really good message for anyone enduring balding at a young age, but unfortunately their are a few 1st world cucks that spam this forum who actually believe there lives are over because of hair recession. Lol there are people living in the worst imaginable circumstances that have less of a victim mentality then the incels here.
But nah hair and having a chad jawline is 99% of what makes up an attractive human being bros

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol there are people living in the worst imaginable circumstances that have less of a victim mentality then the incels here.
One of the most important things for cancer patients is to get their hair back, you can read this in testimonies over and over again.
Also the 'noble, humble savage' image Western people like to project is an absolute myth. The refugees from third world countries I have interacted with were among the most superficial and materialistic people I have ever seen. Obsessed with looks, status and money, fielding all the 'first world' vices you can imagine... expensive addictions to gambling, video games, brand clothes, drugs...you name it.
So I really think this narrative is neither helpful, nor accurate.

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the most important things for cancer patients is to get their hair back, you can read this in testimonies over and over again.
Also the 'noble, humble savage' image Western people like to project is an absolute myth. The refugees from third world countries I have interacted with were among the most superficial and materialistic people I have ever seen. Obsessed with looks, status and money, fielding all the 'first world' vices you can imagine... expensive addictions to gambling, video games, brand clothes, drugs...you name it.
I literally live in South Africa buddy, just because you have some accounts from refugees means nothing. I've seen sh*t that you have only watched on a tv. Most young men here have alot more to worry then hair falling off their heads, i digress not wanting to talk about the difference between 1st and 3rd world societies as its not really fair to compare the two.

i dont feel like cancer patients used an example is good, because what they experience is shock loss. Its almost instant, in a matter of weeks. What person wouldn't be affected by that. Androgen alopecia sufferers have literally years to find means to psychologically deal with losing their hair

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
i digress not wanting to talk about the difference between 1st and 3rd world societies as its not really fair to compare the two.
Bro, you brought that whole point up, lol. It's your major angle.
I literally live in South Africa buddy, just because you have some accounts from refugees means nothing. I've seen sh*t that you have only watched on a tv.
South Africa is THE wealthiest nation per capita in the continent by a landslide, you LARPING little Boer which is probably while the streets here are full of Somalis instead. What makes your anecdotal evidence more valid than mine though.
I doubt you have conducted a scientifically sound poll regarding the importance of appearances among the lower class.

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, you brought that whole point up, lol. It's your major angle.

South Africa is THE wealthiest nation per capita in the continent by a landslide, you LARPING little Boer which is probably while the streets here are full of Somalis instead. What makes your anecdotal evidence more valid than mine though.
I doubt you have conducted a scientifically sound poll regarding the importance of appearances among the lower class.
Im not disagreeing on that mostly the poor/lower class gravitate towards superficial lives that's very true yeah.
But my initial angle was about people not even having to really struggle or face adversity in their lives, and then developing a victim mindset blaming all their shortcomings in life on not having a nice full head of hair

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
On The dot

Yea 3rd world shitholes are not only materially inferior but morally inferior

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not disagreeing on that mostly the poor/lower class gravitate towards superficial lives that's very true yeah.
But my initial angle was about people not even having to really struggle or face adversity in their lives, and then developing a victim mindset blaming all their shortcomings in life on not having a nice full head of hair
There are more important things in life than being able to afford a new smartphone ever so often. Also many people from non-Western countries seem to be under the delusion that the majority here lives a life of utter luxuary without doing anything for it as well. You are mistaken and many people who come with these false hopes have a bitter and frustrating awakening which results in suicide, drug abuse or violence.
Back to the point, every society faces its own struggles and problems and in the West this battle is probably more a spiritual one and one with relative poverty instead of absolute poverty.
It's arrogant to belittle people for struggling without walking a single day in their shoes. And if the priorities of a starving and dying man are our frame of reference for some weird reason, I hope you are fine with losing everything except for a bowl of potatoe soup per day.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you taken psychiatric medication that you such a fan of them? I did. For years. They gave me nothing but side effects that made me more misrable. Weight gain. ED. Slow thinking. Depression. Lack of focus. Being tired all the time. And more. They are litterly poison as well as psychiatrists who are litterly pure evil. Psychiatric meds are the worst poison that was invented and the fact that you tell people to take them makes you a human garbage. If you just said to move with your life it would be fine. Your probably a scumbag from the psychiatric system. You know there are many studies that prove those medication are causing brain shrinking. Alzhimer. And diebetes.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont feel like cancer patients used an example is good, because what they experience is shock loss. Its almost instant, in a matter of weeks. What person wouldn't be affected by that. Androgen alopecia sufferers have literally years to find means to psychologically deal with losing their hair
I would disagree. End destination has the same effect on life. I don't understand why is it understandable if you are upset about near instant hair loss but not if you are getting slowly fucked by it over time. Also it doesn't matter how it impacts you psychologically but how it impacts you in real life outside of your head. People say its all in your head but in reality its probably worse outside of your head, depending on the person of course. People push acceptance for male pattern baldness because it is so widespread and "untreatable" but are more sympathetic towards ones with autoimmune loss or chemo loss because "its not supposed to happen and you still have good hair genetics" unlike male pattern baldness.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reality check will be that if you think you are going to start losing hair, its time to settle down and start a family ASAP. If I could go back in time, I wished I had not screwed around so much in my 20s with the great relationships I had. When I realized at 31 I was already a thinning NW2, I panicked and settled down and had a child with someone I probably wouldn't have.

Having a child does indeed eliminate the shame and dread of male pattern baldness, but I could have just done so much better (partner wise) if I was more aware and educated about this disease in my 20s.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
I literally live in South Africa buddy, just because you have some accounts from refugees means nothing. I've seen sh*t that you have only watched on a tv. Most young men here have alot more to worry then hair falling off their heads, i digress not wanting to talk about the difference between 1st and 3rd world societies as its not really fair to compare the two.

Some people lose within 4 5 years and for the rest of life they will be disfigured. Just because it takes years does not mean it is any less than shock loss. The final effects would be the same. I dont understand the logic.people who still dont understand should actually go fully bald shave their heads completely and get rejected by ugliest girls to figure out what baldness actually is. This is my secret wish

Last edited:

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
I would disagree. End destination has the same effect on life. I don't understand why is it understandable if you are upset about near instant hair loss but not if you are getting slowly fucked by it over time. Also it doesn't matter how it impacts you psychologically but how it impacts you in real life outside of your head. People say its all in your head but in reality its probably worse outside of your head, depending on the person of course. People push acceptance for male pattern baldness because it is so widespread and "untreatable" but are more sympathetic towards ones with autoimmune loss or chemo loss because "its not supposed to happen and you still have good hair genetics" unlike male pattern baldness.
Exactly my point. So well explained . People push acceptance because its untreatable.Thats the truth.

Last edited:

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is actually a very practical matter. If there's a thing you can do to make yourself look better that is relatively simple, why wouldn't you do it? The fact is, pretty much everyone looks better with hair, and if it bothers you to lose that part of your appearance, you shouldn't be looked down on for seeking options. Hair is a part of identity, depression and insecurity are appropriate emotional responses to such a drastic change. Whether it's prevention, regrowth, or wearing a hair system, as long as you're not psychologically beating yourself into the ground to the point where you're miserable and it takes over your life, those choices are just as valid as shaving it off and moving on.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
If you really want to know the impact , think of its impact in models and actors whose life practically ends following the substantial change that hairloss causes. Their fame self esteem income everything suffers. In reality the impact of hairloss is much more than people think and claim it is. It's because men want to he strong by making their hair loss look like not a big deal but deep I side they are crushed.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Realizing that you are worth more than your hair is not incompatible with nevertheless wanting to preserve it as much as you can.
Everybody is different. I know someone who went to NW7 in his early twenties and never had any problems accepting the fact. That is great. But for other people it’s more in their nature to want to go down fighting. For me it is.

And, speaking as a woman, no psychiatrist in the world could ever convince me to abandon treatments and go for antidepressants instead.

For a lot of people, being on this forum and looking into treatments will also be a necessary step towards some kind of acceptance.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Treat your obsession / depression for hair loss and not hair loss itself. Go to a proper psychiatrist and leave ego at the door. Accept that you are losing hair or have lost your hair, buzz it or shave it, then move on.
Why do you have to shave it? Why not just grow out whatever you still have? It's just hair bro, no point in being so insecure that you have to shave your head to try and hide the fact that you're losing hair. That's not really confidence, is it?