Reactivated My Dating Profiles, Trying To Be Enthusiastic Without Being Obsessed

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are gluten sensitive and don't know it. I just read that if you have a large forehead, you are more likely to have gluten sensitivity and or Celiac disease. @IdealForehead, you have any problems with gluten?

Holy sh*t that's bizarre. You know I think I do. If I eat too much bread (subs) I start feeling a bit unwell. I also used to make DIY meal replacement shakes due to jaw issues for a while in the past. For a brief time I tried using barley as my grain instead of kasha. Kasha is gluten free, barley is not. I got mega bowel problems from the barley, while kasha is fine.

I've always actually meant to get a blood test for celiac but never done it. I've heard you can have it "low grade" and not know. You just talked me into it.

Edit: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15919249

mind-blown-jackie-chan-720x340-300x141.jpg

I'm also shorter than my brother, was scrawny as f*** growing up, and have mild annoying acne like you guys talk about too. Should be able to get results by next week I think.

Last edited:

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried antibiotics and epiduo cream (adapalene + benzoic acid) at age ~25 and it did not help my acne, which was localized to my upper back albeit very intense, ugly, and sometimes painful. However, when I tried that same formulation at age 33, it worked better. My acne there is now ~90% reduced, which I'm content with. I still sometimes apply epiduo cream, salicylic acid in the shower, or zinc+castor oil cream for maintenance but I don't do it regularly. I am off the antibiotics. The improvement may have been due to age, or due to weight loss.

Good luck man, and thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

Acne is gone thank God but, at the cost of my hair. Combined with the use of trauma, deaths, and a series of things, I have come close to giving up. I have seen darkness. Loss of loved ones, friends, family. My own pain. Like, I have trouble comprehending the delusions of starting a family, living in blissful ignorance having seen what I have.

I feel my ego. Like, I wonder what it be like if this loss of hair wasn't a slow burn. Rather immediate and embracing the burn thereafter.

After smoking dmt, I see the world through a different lens. That this life is marked by tragedy and treachery but, that one can transcend their pain if they sacrifice oneself to something larger.

I write this with tears. I watched my father's eyes close while remaining open. I watched his soul leave his body. I am grateful that I had a father. I didn't have the same fate with her. They left this world unnecessarily.

What I would give to trade places. I will do everything in my power to live a good life. To be the best I can be. To give my gifts. To live at my edge. I will go out on my shield doing the best I can.

At this point, the rest is history. I am going to dive full force into meditation, into self knowledge, exploring consciousness, and being the strongest version of myself. I will leave the rest to God. I am dust in no time. I have nothing to lose.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble handling all of the time pressures involved with this. Aside from the dating, I have a lot of work-related responsibilities lately, I'm too stressed to fast and too busy to work out as well. I discussed this with my therapist and she recommended not booking additional first dates beyond the ones already booked. There's just so much to do, I have a pile of mail that I have not opened, and a pile of clothes that I need to fold, and 112 pages of bureaucratic rules to read by Friday at noon. I have a will that I need to fill in, a website that I need to make, my CV is several months out of date and needs to be updated, some travel that needs to be booked, a conference to finish organizing, etc.

f***.

I had two dates thus far this week.

1) On Tuesday we went out to watch a movie with a woman on a second date, A Quiet Place. By the way it's an excellent movie and you should all watch it. Anyway I had an interesting experience setting it up, around mid-day I texted her and asked her to buy the tickets because I was short of time, and then she said "sure!" and did it. This is a breakthrough with me because normally I'd be afraid that asking a woman to do to something would cause her to cancel, as she can't be inconvenienced seeing lowly me. I also was not perfect on the date, I walked out of the movie theatre for ten minutes, some of the food made me feel sick. Yet that didn't kill the date. I didn't need to be perfect.

Date was ok but we were rushed, only had ten minutes to talk prior to the movie. She enjoyed touching me and when she was kissing me at the end it was hard to peel her off. I didn't really feel it though. It might be because I had taken drugs the previous day while visiting the doctor, I don't know. I might give it one more date.

I think that it was the first time in my life that I picked up a woman in my car in a romantic context and drove her to a date.

2) I met a woman today. She didn't have a lot of time, it's her dog's second adoptaversary so we had thirty minutes, and we walked together in a park for thirty minutes, afterwards she had to meet a friend for cocktails. It was nice to have a date that wasn't dinner/drinks/movie/coffee, that sh*t gets tiring. Some of the things that we have in common are that we both like dogs, we went to the same university, have similar politics. I do find her attractive, she's smart, and she has better people skills than I do, so that's a lot of bases.

She did discuss how she finds online dating artificial, she's very feminist, she likes to get to know people, she referred to online dating as online "dating", etc. That makes her hard to read. I didn't bother trying to kiss her. I might get in touch with her, I don't know.

3) Additional dates Friday and Sunday, I should send out finalized plans tomorrow.

I don't know where you are on the chart of hair loss. For me it's a slow burn. Not nearly as much as I would like but... Stress will kill you and your hair. Try to relax.

As for your therapist, she is a woman, trained, knows her job. With online, it's reckless, and women are pursuing actively with or without you. If you show no interest, assumptions are you ghosted.

I got compliments on my head of hair. Pics are older. While I am a bit older, hair is changing. I am going to be shaving it off one day. Hopefully, I will figure it out before then.

You're doing great man. I always said, Dwayne Johnson did right. He remained alpha without hair. I think the undercut can keep guys looking good for years to come. Blissful ignorance goes a long way.

Good luck on dates. Not giving a duck goes a long way. Hair loss, shaved, bald, etc on it. Please share man.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
that like a "if your hand is bigger than your face" thing? I mean it does say youre a doctor
When I do a paleo diet, I feel the best. Giving up sugar, gluten and dairy is really hard since I like to take out food alot or eat out alot. I am listening to the audiobook The Autoimmune Spectrum and you would be surprised what gluten does to our bodies even it you are just gluten sensitive. You be surprised how many people have autoimmune antibodies for some type of organ in their body and have no idea until it becomes full blown. We all know now hair loss does have an autoimmune mechanism involved. Your body attacks its own follicles to no longer make hair.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I do a paleo diet, I feel the best. Giving up sugar, gluten and dairy is really hard since I like to take out food alot or eat out alot. I am listening to the audiobook The Autoimmune Spectrum and you would be surprised what gluten does to our bodies even it you are just gluten sensitive. You be surprised how many people have autoimmune antibodies for some type of organ in their body and have no idea until it becomes full blown. We all know now hair loss does have an autoimmune mechanism involved. Your body attacks its own follicles to no longer make hair.

From what I have read its modern gluten. Its the way we have designed our grains now where the body can not digest them. Same with our refined sugars. I have never been a junk eater. I stopped fast food YEARS ago before high school ended when I noticed how fat I was getting. My friends used to all make fun of me but now look at us in our age and theyre all touting this sh*t like its new news. My vice is sweets and dairy. I gave up half of milk years ago and make most of my stuff with SOY. Even regular milk I usually mix half with soy when just drinking it.

I wonder if giving up a lot of this stuff in the earlier years would have saved my hair? Yes hairloss like any allergy is kind of an auto immunity when you think about it. I have always thought I have an auto immune disorder the way my body acts. My immune system will go from shutting down to being super hyper active. My body will just decide to reject odd things. I had (ive said this before) my body almost fully reject a tattoo once. Even the artist said they never saw anything like it and if the scaring wasnt there they would have never known half the tattoo was even done. My allergies are haywire yet no medication ever works. The problem is its almost 99% impossible to diagnose them. I have had these insane muscle/joint pains for a couple years now and no one can diagnose them. Ive had almost every test, xray and MRI to find out what it is but nothing is ever found. One guy I met who is a physical therapist who (outside of an office) has been right about everything prior to going to an actual Dr for the diagnosis told me everything points to some autoimmune disorder that attacks your joint linings. I was recently put on a medication he suggested for that for my allergy issues and I want to see if it also helps with that.

Basically Im also dropping a lot of things I think I should like dairy, gluten, some carbs, a lot of sugars, etc etc and waiting to see if that also helps. I doubt Ill wake up with a full head of hair but it might help elsewhere. Let me tell you, non creamer in my coffee is like drinking toilet water.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya Hairblues was, or I should say is, special. She's someone who I think probably came to appreciate the ban, as she seemed to have a cool life going on.

I also liked Rudiger's posts.

rclark please watch your P's and Q's and avoid the ban. If you get booted there won't be much fun left here. Thank you.

I like you Yetti.

You're a f*****g loyal person. That says a lot about you.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I have read its modern gluten. Its the way we have designed our grains now where the body can not digest them. Same with our refined sugars. I have never been a junk eater. I stopped fast food YEARS ago before high school ended when I noticed how fat I was getting. My friends used to all make fun of me but now look at us in our age and theyre all touting this sh*t like its new news. My vice is sweets and dairy. I gave up half of milk years ago and make most of my stuff with SOY. Even regular milk I usually mix half with soy when just drinking it.

I wonder if giving up a lot of this stuff in the earlier years would have saved my hair? Yes hairloss like any allergy is kind of an auto immunity when you think about it. I have always thought I have an auto immune disorder the way my body acts. My immune system will go from shutting down to being super hyper active. My body will just decide to reject odd things. I had (ive said this before) my body almost fully reject a tattoo once. Even the artist said they never saw anything like it and if the scaring wasnt there they would have never known half the tattoo was even done. My allergies are haywire yet no medication ever works. The problem is its almost 99% impossible to diagnose them. I have had these insane muscle/joint pains for a couple years now and no one can diagnose them. Ive had almost every test, xray and MRI to find out what it is but nothing is ever found. One guy I met who is a physical therapist who (outside of an office) has been right about everything prior to going to an actual Dr for the diagnosis told me everything points to some autoimmune disorder that attacks your joint linings. I was recently put on a medication he suggested for that for my allergy issues and I want to see if it also helps with that.

Basically Im also dropping a lot of things I think I should like dairy, gluten, some carbs, a lot of sugars, etc etc and waiting to see if that also helps. I doubt Ill wake up with a full head of hair but it might help elsewhere. Let me tell you, non creamer in my coffee is like drinking toilet water.

@swingline747

You're a cool guy.

That said, I've been gluten free for eight years now.

My medication did more for me than being gluten free.

I do agree with you on one thing though, for me, gluten free has been much better.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
@swingline747

You're a cool guy.

That said, I've been gluten free for eight years now.

My medication did more for me than being gluten free.

I do agree with you on one thing though, for me, gluten free has been much better.

Yeah I highly doubt it would help now but for me my allergies started way late in life, I wonder if trying to get a control on them back then would have helped save some hair.... hopeful thinking but VERY doubtful. It irony that as my allergies get worse year after year my hair also follow suit.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I like you Yetti.

You're a f*****g loyal person. That says a lot about you.

Thank you. I like you too.

The funny thing is, as completely off the wall as some of your posts are, I get the feeling that you are the most well-adjusted dude on the site. (Not least because you also give super solid and serious advice.) Everyone needs to take a chill pill from rclark and find some humor in it all.

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. I like you too.

The funny thing is, as completely off the wall as some of your posts are, I get the feeling that you are the most well-adjusted dude on the site. (Not least because you also give super solid and serious advice.) Everyone needs to take a chill pill from rclark and find some humor in it all.

Thank you my friend. I like your posts as well.

Hope you stay on this board forever.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the date tonight with the woman that I was least excited about, as she was the most beautiful. I figured that I stood no chance, and thus I just focused on enjoying my time. Spoiler: It ended up as I expected.

I met her at 8 and we had dinner at a nearby restaurant for a little over an hour. She's an engineer and at a advanced weapons manufacturer, we talked a little bit about work, hobbies, life, family, prior online dating stories, dogs, values, family, etc. She laughed at a lot of my jokes and I teased her a little bit, which she laughed at too. Talking was split evenly. She has a lot of nice qualities, she was open about which meals she liked and didn't like, when it was time to order dessert she said "always!" rather than "I'm watching my weight" or something, we ended up splitting dessert. She's close to her family, she likes her job, likes board games, the avengers, etc.

There was basically no chance though. She is a solid 8, great face and great body, nice shapely legs, luscious lips, and magnificent breasts too, honestly I was turned on just meeting her, we introduced with the standard kiss on the cheek plus hug and within 10 seconds I was aroused. An obvious bad sign (I think) is that she wanted to split the check, it's not always the case and there's a lot of variation, but very often if a woman does not want to see a man again she will pay her part of the bill. I could not kiss her at the end, she said that she wanted to be honest and that she was not feeling it, she was getting more of a friendship vibe.

She said that she's open to hanging out at friends. I said that this would be fine and that she is free to get in touch. I expect to never hear from her.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
She's an engineer
, great face and great body, nice shapely legs, luscious lips, and magnificent breasts too,.

If you tell me now that she is more than 5'8, she would be a Goddess!

HTF is she single.

honestly I was turned on just meeting her, we introduced with the standard kiss on the cheek plus hug and within 10 seconds I was aroused.
Congrats on the powerhouse penis! :D

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I had the date tonight with the woman that I was least excited about, as she was the most beautiful. I figured that I stood no chance, and thus I just focused on enjoying my time. Spoiler: It ended up as I expected.

I met her at 8 and we had dinner at a nearby restaurant for a little over an hour. She's an engineer and at a advanced weapons manufacturer, we talked a little bit about work, hobbies, life, family, prior online dating stories, dogs, values, family, etc. She laughed at a lot of my jokes and I teased her a little bit, which she laughed at too. Talking was split evenly. She has a lot of nice qualities, she was open about which meals she liked and didn't like, when it was time to order dessert she said "always!" rather than "I'm watching my weight" or something, we ended up splitting dessert. She's close to her family, she likes her job, likes board games, the avengers, etc.

There was basically no chance though. She is a solid 8, great face and great body, nice shapely legs, luscious lips, and magnificent breasts too, honestly I was turned on just meeting her, we introduced with the standard kiss on the cheek plus hug and within 10 seconds I was aroused. An obvious bad sign (I think) is that she wanted to split the check, it's not always the case and there's a lot of variation, but very often if a woman does not want to see a man again she will pay her part of the bill. I could not kiss her at the end, she said that she wanted to be honest and that she was not feeling it, she was getting more of a friendship vibe.

She said that she's open to hanging out at friends. I said that this would be fine and that she is free to get in touch. I expect to never hear from her.
@Afro_Vacancy, just shows how much better you are at reading women. Don't get discouraged. You still are getting great experience. Don't stop the storying telling. I look forward to your posts always.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

BE FRIENDS!!!! I can't stress this enough! Seriius, NOTHING, gets you women like having close hot female friends. I've said this so much in the past. Make it PAINFULLY obvious you are only interested in friendship from her so she doesn't get scared away. I used to have hot girl-friends and it would excite other girls so much when out together they just levitated to me. Their inert competitive jealousy just makes it so!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you tell me now that she is more than 5'8, she would be a Goddess!

HTF is she single.

Congrats on the powerhouse penis! :D
You say that but the penis is a bit too powerhouse. I've had to jerk off four times in the 14 hours following the date, including upon waking up hard at 2:30am. I will need to reduce the dosage of the treatments that I'm on. A new prescription should come in soon.

FYI she is 5'9".

BE FRIENDS!!!! I can't stress this enough! Seriius, NOTHING, gets you women like having close hot female friends. I've said this so much in the past. Make it PAINFULLY obvious you are only interested in friendship from her so she doesn't get scared away. I used to have hot girl-friends and it would excite other girls so much when out together they just levitated to me. Their inert competitive jealousy just makes it so!
I'm willing to consider this but it's painful. Women say "let's be friends" all the time as a default, but they don't usually mean it. I've tried being friends before as an experiment and women just say "I'm busy, I'm busy", they don't really mean it, and thus it leads to the pain of a second rejection.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
You say that but the penis is a bit too powerhouse. I've had to jerk off four times in the 14 hours following the date, including upon waking up hard at 2:30am. I will need to reduce the dosage of the treatments that I'm on. A new prescription should come in soon.

FYI she is 5'9".

Four times in 14 hours...damn! Again congrats!

And that 5'9 Goddess... damn :eek:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

FYI she is 5'9".

I'm willing to consider this but it's painful. Women say "let's be friends" all the time as a default, but they don't usually mean it. I've tried being friends before as an experiment and women just say "I'm busy, I'm busy", they don't really mean it, and thus it leads to the pain of a second rejection.

Yes I understand that as well but if you have that opportunity take it. Maybe just follow up at some point. Even not with her but in general take the shot to have a hot female friend, it pays off greatly.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score

I know that feeling. I stopped using shampoo and gel or wax. I wonder if I never took Accutane but, I fear my face would look like a moon. :(

It will drive us crazy. No point. I am practicing presence and looking at letting go. I asked a buddy of mine who has beautiful head of hair and style. I asked if he stopped using product for hair longevity. He dismissed his hair loss one day saying, if it goes, he really enjoyed it. He's early 30.