Reactivated My Dating Profiles, Trying To Be Enthusiastic Without Being Obsessed

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
you'll turn into the guy from limitless if you take that much ;). i used to abuse 60 mg a day, i took 30 mg in the morning and 30 at night, basically turned into a superhuman lmao

Do you think that the high dose may have contributed to your panic attacks?

Why would you take adderall at night?

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you think that the high dose may have contributed to your panic attacks?

Why would you take adderall at night?

Glad you read the article. Ya, like any drug, different people have a different predisposition to become addicted... just something to be aware of.

That said what you wrote at the end of the post does raise a bunch of red flags lol. Drugs manipulate and as you gradually (or not so gradually as in the case of the author of the article) become addicted you want more, of course this is tolerance. So "This Friday I want to try two pills (~30 mg) to see what happens." may well be the drug saying YOU WILL TAKE MORE OF ME

I think you can write a nice book about dating without it being professional suicide, just has to be handled the right way.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I visited some family this weekend, and my cousin's wife decided to fix me up with a woman who lives here, in NY, four hours away from where I live, and who is more religious than I am. She is non-compatible. My cousin's wife is a wealthy housewife, and was a good-looking woman growing up. Her life history is one that will cause her to believe that things workout. She is generally positive and optimistic about everything.

She had previously offered to fix me up with this woman and I said that somebody being much more religious than I am, and somebody living 4 hours away, are large obstacles. She had told me that I have a bad attitude.

I texted her on Thursday at 10:00pm because I didn't want to decline the favor. Afterwards I was told to just call her, but I said that I can't call someone that I doin't know right after texting as it's aggressive, she was willing to accept this. The woman texted me back at 10:30pm, we spoke for fifteen minutes, and we made plans to meet the next day at 2:30pm, for coffee. Note that she's most likely in the same situation where she doesn't want to decline a favor. Also note that Manhattan is a big place, and needing to meet someone at 2:30pm at a specific place really truncates the day, it's an inconvenience which should hopefully be worth it.

We had a normal date the next day, mostly. She was clearly annoyed that I'm a Canadian citizen living in an American city four hours away. She asked about my immigration status, length of contract, etc. I felt like a visacel, which is annoying, but on the other hand is fair on her part. Why would she want 8 hours of total commute every time she wants to see her new partner?

I texted her on Sunday offering to stay in touch (mostly in order to honor the favor), but she told me that it was nice to meet me but she doesn't want anything long distance. All fair. The whole ordeal was annoying from top to bottom.

I then spoke about it to a different cousin, different level, ~80 year-old woman, really kind woman who knew my dad very well. I expressed my frustration and said that the woman was right. She's an attractive 29 year-old woman with a good career, good health, she has a lot of options and thus doesn't need to start anything long distance. She told me that I was mistaken. A 21 year old woman might have a lot of choices, but not a 29 year old woman. Note again that this cousin is a sweet, sweet, smart, accomplished person. She just grew up in a different era and so I did not bother arguing.
This is why you can't leave us. Best story teller on here. I was in a similar situation as you were and I felt very similar to you. I am not a fan of long distance relationships myself.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I felt like a visacel,

1300538996109.jpg

3) It would be hard to write it such that it not be professional suicide. If you think about it, any discussion of heterosexual sexuality is necessarily sexist. Come on, think about. Can you come up with any counterexamples? No because it's intrinsically true, it's kind of a tautology.
As such it would be professional suicide. Only one book about sexuality can be written by an academic in the current climate -- the one about how sexual norms harm women. That has to be the entire book. There are some exceptions though, for example you can say that the expectation of machismo imposes a heavy burden on young men, or that men who were paedophilia victims growing up have a hard time relating to women.
Just imagine the outrage if someone wrote a book that said that most men need to put in more effort or else they won't be loved. The response would be furious, swift, and vindictive. "The author neglects to mention the endless trolling, the threats, the cat fishing, etc etc etc" which would show up in reviews even if I did not neglect to mention it. As an example, Jordan Peterson is frequently compared to nazis.

Ebook, anonymous author.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got dates line up for Tuesday (watching a movie, a second date), Wednesday (walking a dog with a woman, a first date with a woman who cancelled last week), Friday (going out for Sushi, a first date with a woman who cancelled because she had met someone but she changed her mind) and Sunday (a second date with a woman with whom I had a good first date but the second date was cancelled because she had to go into surgery).

Two of the women that I saw last week do not want to see me again. One was the fixed-up one, which is not a surprise and I mentioned above. The other is the person that I saw last Wednesday. She seemed kind of uncomfortable, but she has a lot of qualities, and damn kissing her at the end felt kind of electric. However, she told me today that she doesn't have time to start a new relationship, as she's busy with a move and with work.

I am not looking forward to the possibility of needing to break up. One of the women, the one that I'm seeing on Sunday, told me that she has not looked at dating apps since she's met me. That made me uncomfortable, as I've had. It also occurred to me that women have it so easy, they meet a man that they like so they assume that everything is fine. I would never stop looking at apps after one good date, I'm not that secure.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got dates line up for Tuesday (watching a movie, a second date), Wednesday (walking a dog with a woman, a first date with a woman who cancelled last week), Friday (going out for Sushi, a first date with a woman who cancelled because she had met someone but she changed her mind) and Sunday (a second date with a woman with whom I had a good first date but the second date was cancelled because she had to go into surgery).

One of the women, the one that I'm seeing on Sunday, told me that she has not looked at dating apps since she's met me. That made me uncomfortable. I would never stop looking at apps after one good date

Chadfro_Vacancy

:)

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It also occurred to me that women have it so easy, they meet a man that they like so they assume that everything is fine. I would never stop looking at apps after one good date, I'm not that secure.

I don't think women have it easy or make assumptions any more than men do. I think she was intentionally sending you a message and maybe checking to see how you'd respond. She likes ya!

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow afro is a player... So intense dating life

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
I went on 16 first dates last year and then I took a hiatus because I was getting bitter.
I decided to focus my time on other things, but now it's time to get experience again. In the meantime I did have fun with cooking classes, dance classes, travel, and walking dogs. There is always value in living life.

The most important thing in online dating is to write a good profile text so as to impress women with one's mastery of English. Women value a man of great intellect as it increases his odds of success as a provider, and of passing on the IQ gene to one's offspring. I kept it concise with this clever poem:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Come to kinky Dave's bed,
He'll give you a booboo.

Just kidding guys, that's not actually my profile text.

I'm going to keep it simple, hopefully, relax, and take it easy. I used photofeeler to select better photos than I had last year, and I'm going to be more selective as apparently the online dating algorithm rewards that. My teeth look better (from invisalign), and I've had a year of therapy so hypothetically my behavior should be better.

I don't have a lot of matches, mostly cause I'm deliberately spending very little time on this, as a coping mechanism to stay chill. Right now I have messages from three women to respond to, but I have not read them yet due to apprehension . I'm afraid it's a disinterested "what's up?" or a "That's really flattering. But I'm busy this weekend. Can we spend more time getting to know each other prior to meeting up? I'd like that."

Hey man,

I don't know what to say about it. It's pretty superficial world we live in.

For me, I had a perfect head of hair but I suffered from acne. It was like a switch flipped on. I hit puberty and well, acne started at 12. It wouldn't go away despite a meticulous diet regime. It went cystic to the point of damage to the dermis. I got a dermatologist and stated I was fine with taking Accutane from him or buying it online. He prescribed me it but also pointed out his busy waiting room. Informed me that most were here screening for cancer.

After Accutane, my acne went but with it went my hairline and shedding began. Similarly, it flipped on male pattern baldness. Once it happens, it will prevail.

I once shaved my head. It was not great but, I went with it. Women like me with longer hair. I acknowledge that I will lose it one day unlike my grandfather. Perfect hair into his 90s.

I am under average height, well under average in the pants. I have Accutane hair loss. I have acne damage even scars. I have been listening to Jordan Peterson and finding meaningful information.

I will put my shoulders back. I will go into the world and be the best I can. I am learning pickup. I am dating. I recently made out with a hit girl who I would have fapped at in high school. I have been through a lot and I am still hear.

Please share your thoughts and victories. IMHO, of I lose my hair, I will just got get jacked like Dwayne Johnson minus rounds. I will get a line up like black guys do. I won't cry or whimper online like a puss.

Good luck man.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here...

View attachment 80836

Thus is nothing new. Zyzz was a popular 4chan and miser. It's a common thread.

That being, sloot gonna sloot when things and hawt. When bad boy stops ringing her bell, she seeks out beta cuck.

The solution is to step up. To maximize genetics as best as you can. I learned a lot about pickup, about essentially spamming approach, that game is putting your best foot forward plus playing whatever hand you are dealt.

I am below average height, well below average in the pants. I am pretty positive and enthusiastic. If you take said approach out, you can get a date, and laid. Not everyone is Kobe. So be it. I am more like a Steve Nash. Not nearly as talented. I just got to work harder at it.

My buddy lost hair at 16. He is good looking. But think Jude Law hair loss. Go 7-6/6.5. He still dates hit girls.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man,

I don't know what to say about it. It's pretty superficial world we live in.

For me, I had a perfect head of hair but I suffered from acne. It was like a switch flipped on. I hit puberty and well, acne started at 12. It wouldn't go away despite a meticulous diet regime. It went cystic to the point of damage to the dermis. I got a dermatologist and stated I was fine with taking Accutane from him or buying it online. He prescribed me it but also pointed out his busy waiting room. Informed me that most were here screening for cancer.

After Accutane, my acne went but with it went my hairline and shedding began. Similarly, it flipped on male pattern baldness. Once it happens, it will prevail.

I once shaved my head. It was not great but, I went with it. Women like me with longer hair. I acknowledge that I will lose it one day unlike my grandfather. Perfect hair into his 90s.

I am under average height, well under average in the pants. I have Accutane hair loss. I have acne damage even scars. I have been listening to Jordan Peterson and finding meaningful information.

I will put my shoulders back. I will go into the world and be the best I can. I am learning pickup. I am dating. I recently made out with a hit girl who I would have fapped at in high school. I have been through a lot and I am still hear.

Please share your thoughts and victories. IMHO, of I lose my hair, I will just got get jacked like Dwayne Johnson minus rounds. I will get a line up like black guys do. I won't cry or whimper online like a puss.

Good luck man.

Did you try antibiotics and zinc for the acne?

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you try antibiotics and zinc for the acne?

I tried absolutely everything starting at puberty. Outside facial hair and erections, acne was the only profound change I experienced. I started with over the counter products like oxy. I then went to proactive both of which are awful for your skin. I ate clean. No sugar. I broke out. As I hit my adult years, I got cystic acne meaning your face blows up, terrible inflammation followed by hyper pigmentation. Then, if everyone didn't see your shame, you are left with acne scar. I spend thousands on holistic medicine, a natural path doctor. I did tests, I tried medication like antibiotics, I did a detox, and I had some success before it would start again. Promise, dates, weekends, special events, and occasions would be the worse. I finally took Accutane. My dermatologist was a good and holy man. I believe he was a Hindu. At the risk of his practice, he pointed out his waiting room, and told me many are screening for cancer. I refused to leave empty handed. I decided on Accutane through him or online. I actually bought it online and he prescribed me it. Warned me if suicide or hair loss.

Acne is gone * knock on wood * but, it started hair loss. It aged me. It affected libido. I have been working on altering the effects of Accutane. Cleaning my liver. I am always working on my diet. I am meditating daily. I am praying.

I cannot give BS everything is ok. This life is ruthless. Marked by tragedy and treachery. I buried my father and sister. I lost so much family. I lost friends. I have seeked out monks, I have been on a quest for self knowledge, and I am learning.

The first time a woman touched 'it,' she laughed in my face. I didn't get it. I was in my teens. When I measured, I felt embarrassed, and shamed like I got beat up. Imagine trying to escalate with women after..?

Fast forward to 2018. Years of cold approaching, of swiping right at life, and I have evolved. If hair loss gets worse, I will buzz it or shave it even though I look better with hair. Freedom from outcome plus intent. I am shorter than average. Shamed about penor size. Acne/damaged skin. Like RSD Tyler, theres simply no excuses. Yeah, it's marketing but, what if you approach a billion women? What happens if you swipe right at life?

I smoked dmt last year. Who I was before and who I am now are not the same thing. While I wouldn't wish my life path in my worst enemy, fight club has it right. That only after you lost everything, you are free to do anything. My father will never attend my wedding or hold my child. My sister never got to live the life she wanted because it got cut way too short. I am going to be dust one day. I am going to die.

The question I ask myself is what would make this journey all the more worthwhile despite life being marked with suffering and tragedy? I don't know the answer but I am living embodiment of a individual who is seeking a answer. I am dating multiple girls, many were far too hot, and out of my league as a teen. I am red pilled and my eyes are open.

Many women seek beta once her alphabet stop blowing up her phone. I proceed accordingly.

Play the hand you are dealt to the best of your ability. Success breeds success. I have nothing to lose. If I were mentally weak, I would have given up or just ended it all. Instead, I explore consciousness, I want to go to Peru and do a tea ceremony with shamans, maybe with a gf one day. I want to travel. I want some business. I know my true North.

As a man, I have the opportunity to present my passion for what it is I do, to extend the hand, and make space for women. Note, I said women not woman.

I setup dates this week, all casual, and I am going to be pursuing more like clock work.

There's nothing I am doing that nobody else couldn't do. Pending where you are on the dominance hierarchy, and the your genetic predisposition in the genetic lottery, likely you can do better with much less effort.

Keep me posted. I like that saying, get better not bitter.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried absolutely everything starting at puberty. Outside facial hair and erections, acne was the only profound change I experienced. I started with over the counter products like oxy. I then went to proactive both of which are awful for your skin. I ate clean. No sugar. I broke out. As I hit my adult years, I got cystic acne meaning your face blows up, terrible inflammation followed by hyper pigmentation. Then, if everyone didn't see your shame, you are left with acne scar. I spend thousands on holistic medicine, a natural path doctor. I did tests, I tried medication like antibiotics, I did a detox, and I had some success before it would start again. Promise, dates, weekends, special events, and occasions would be the worse. I finally took Accutane. My dermatologist was a good and holy man. I believe he was a Hindu. At the risk of his practice, he pointed out his waiting room, and told me many are screening for cancer. I refused to leave empty handed. I decided on Accutane through him or online. I actually bought it online and he prescribed me it. Warned me if suicide or hair loss.

Acne is gone * knock on wood * but, it started hair loss. It aged me. It affected libido. I have been working on altering the effects of Accutane. Cleaning my liver. I am always working on my diet. I am meditating daily. I am praying.

I cannot give BS everything is ok. This life is ruthless. Marked by tragedy and treachery. I buried my father and sister. I lost so much family. I lost friends. I have seeked out monks, I have been on a quest for self knowledge, and I am learning.

The first time a woman touched 'it,' she laughed in my face. I didn't get it. I was in my teens. When I measured, I felt embarrassed, and shamed like I got beat up. Imagine trying to escalate with women after..?

Fast forward to 2018. Years of cold approaching, of swiping right at life, and I have evolved. If hair loss gets worse, I will buzz it or shave it even though I look better with hair. Freedom from outcome plus intent. I am shorter than average. Shamed about penor size. Acne/damaged skin. Like RSD Tyler, theres simply no excuses. Yeah, it's marketing but, what if you approach a billion women? What happens if you swipe right at life?

I smoked dmt last year. Who I was before and who I am now are not the same thing. While I wouldn't wish my life path in my worst enemy, fight club has it right. That only after you lost everything, you are free to do anything. My father will never attend my wedding or hold my child. My sister never got to live the life she wanted because it got cut way too short. I am going to be dust one day. I am going to die.

The question I ask myself is what would make this journey all the more worthwhile despite life being marked with suffering and tragedy? I don't know the answer but I am living embodiment of a individual who is seeking a answer. I am dating multiple girls, many were far too hot, and out of my league as a teen. I am red pilled and my eyes are open.

Many women seek beta once her alphabet stop blowing up her phone. I proceed accordingly.

Play the hand you are dealt to the best of your ability. Success breeds success. I have nothing to lose. If I were mentally weak, I would have given up or just ended it all. Instead, I explore consciousness, I want to go to Peru and do a tea ceremony with shamans, maybe with a gf one day. I want to travel. I want some business. I know my true North.

As a man, I have the opportunity to present my passion for what it is I do, to extend the hand, and make space for women. Note, I said women not woman.

I setup dates this week, all casual, and I am going to be pursuing more like clock work.

There's nothing I am doing that nobody else couldn't do. Pending where you are on the dominance hierarchy, and the your genetic predisposition in the genetic lottery, likely you can do better with much less effort.

Keep me posted. I like that saying, get better not bitter.

I tried antibiotics and epiduo cream (adapalene + benzoic acid) at age ~25 and it did not help my acne, which was localized to my upper back albeit very intense, ugly, and sometimes painful. However, when I tried that same formulation at age 33, it worked better. My acne there is now ~90% reduced, which I'm content with. I still sometimes apply epiduo cream, salicylic acid in the shower, or zinc+castor oil cream for maintenance but I don't do it regularly. I am off the antibiotics. The improvement may have been due to age, or due to weight loss.

Good luck man, and thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried antibiotics and epiduo cream (adapalene + benzoic acid) at age ~25 and it did not help my acne, which was localized to my upper back albeit very intense, ugly, and sometimes painful. However, when I tried that same formulation at age 33, it worked better. My acne there is now ~90% reduced, which I'm content with. I still sometimes apply epiduo cream, salicylic acid in the shower, or zinc+castor oil cream for maintenance but I don't do it regularly. I am off the antibiotics. The improvement may have been due to age, or due to weight loss.

Good luck man, and thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

always wondered how I dodged acne? I can count the visibly bad pimples Ive had in my life on one hand. I get ingrowns a LOT. Painful ones sometimes.
Anyway I was really just popping on here to say congrats, it seems like your time online is going well, hope it keeps up for you!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
always wondered how I dodged acne? I can count the visibly bad pimples Ive had in my life on one hand. I get ingrowns a LOT. Painful ones sometimes.
Anyway I was really just popping on here to say congrats, it seems like your time online is going well, hope it keeps up for you!
I envy you there. I still get acne but if I don't eat bread or fast food, I don't get it as much.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I envy you there. I still get acne but if I don't eat bread or fast food, I don't get it as much.

I wonder this. I have horrid allgeries, like laid up most of the year and everyone keeps touting that gluten, dairy, this that bullshit and swears it works. I wondered if acne was basically the same thing. You guys who suffer acne, try going paleo for a while and see if it helps.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I wonder this. I have horrid allgeries, like laid up most of the year and everyone keeps touting that gluten, dairy, this that bullshit and swears it works. I wondered if acne was basically the same thing. You guys who suffer acne, try going paleo for a while and see if it helps.
I think a lot of people are gluten sensitive and don't know it. I just read that if you have a large forehead, you are more likely to have gluten sensitivity and or Celiac disease. @IdealForehead, you have any problems with gluten?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

If they have allergies in the fruit/vegetable sector then going paleo won't help them.
But perhaps it's the dairy and gluten. I think that I should cut my consumption of milk, added sugar, and gluten. I wrote milk and not dairy because I think that cheese, butter, and particularly yogurt might be ok.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm having trouble handling all of the time pressures involved with this. Aside from the dating, I have a lot of work-related responsibilities lately, I'm too stressed to fast and too busy to work out as well. I discussed this with my therapist and she recommended not booking additional first dates beyond the ones already booked. There's just so much to do, I have a pile of mail that I have not opened, and a pile of clothes that I need to fold, and 112 pages of bureaucratic rules to read by Friday at noon. I have a will that I need to fill in, a website that I need to make, my CV is several months out of date and needs to be updated, some travel that needs to be booked, a conference to finish organizing, etc.

f***.

I had two dates thus far this week.

1) On Tuesday we went out to watch a movie with a woman on a second date, A Quiet Place. By the way it's an excellent movie and you should all watch it. Anyway I had an interesting experience setting it up, around mid-day I texted her and asked her to buy the tickets because I was short of time, and then she said "sure!" and did it. This is a breakthrough with me because normally I'd be afraid that asking a woman to do to something would cause her to cancel, as she can't be inconvenienced seeing lowly me. I also was not perfect on the date, I walked out of the movie theatre for ten minutes, some of the food made me feel sick. Yet that didn't kill the date. I didn't need to be perfect.

Date was ok but we were rushed, only had ten minutes to talk prior to the movie. She enjoyed touching me and when she was kissing me at the end it was hard to peel her off. I didn't really feel it though. It might be because I had taken drugs the previous day while visiting the doctor, I don't know. I might give it one more date.

I think that it was the first time in my life that I picked up a woman in my car in a romantic context and drove her to a date.

2) I met a woman today. She didn't have a lot of time, it's her dog's second adoptaversary so we had thirty minutes, and we walked together in a park for thirty minutes, afterwards she had to meet a friend for cocktails. It was nice to have a date that wasn't dinner/drinks/movie/coffee, that sh*t gets tiring. Some of the things that we have in common are that we both like dogs, we went to the same university, have similar politics. I do find her attractive, she's smart, and she has better people skills than I do, so that's a lot of bases.

She did discuss how she finds online dating artificial, she's very feminist, she likes to get to know people, she referred to online dating as online "dating", etc. That makes her hard to read. I didn't bother trying to kiss her. I might get in touch with her, I don't know.

3) Additional dates Friday and Sunday, I should send out finalized plans tomorrow.