Rate My Norwood, Fellas. It's Over For Me.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** me. Here was as a 30 year old NW2 preparing to start a thread and pics.

First few pages are poison.

GreekGod_of_Aesthetics

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@genetically_cursed I can tell you're a handsome guy even without seeing your eye area. You have that pretty boy phenotype, balding is gonna absolutely destroy your looks if it happens.
Anyway, look up Danny Roddy on Youtube and follow his protocol. I've been doing it and seeing regrowth at the temples.

GreekGod_of_Aesthetics

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And what exactly is his protocol cos i watched a lot of videos of his and he seems really smart indeed bu i did not see any solution, at least from what i watched yet...
In principle, it's about getting to an optimal hormonal environment, defined by:
  • peak thyroid function (TSH around 1)
  • high testosterone, moderate DHT, high dopamine
  • low cortisol, adrenaline, prolactin, serotonin
This can be achieved through diet, lifestyle and supplementation. Blood tests needed too to know what you need to improve.

Diet:
  • he promots Ray Peat principles
  • high carb (high fruits and sugars, but low in grains), moderate protein, low to moderate fat (only saturated fats)
Lifestyle
  • minimize stress as much as possible in every possible way
  • minimal cardio (too much) stressful on the body; walking / hiking is best
  • weights lifting, but careful not to overtrain and not to suppress testosterone
  • hair massages, ACV rinsing
Supplements: these vary on a personal basis, according to what everyone might need the most. I take the following:
  • daily Aspirin
  • thyroid hormone (endo prescribed)
  • Vitamin D3, E, K2
  • Magnesium Glycinate
  • Zinc
My shedding has 95% ceased in the past 3-4 months, and lately been seeing baby hairs around the temples. So, I'm optimistic.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Diet and lifestyle definitely plays a huge part in male pattern baldness (or at least hair quality) and people don't want to hear it. I've been eating like sh*t during my summer vacation and my shedding increased a huge ton whereas it definitely became much less after starting finasteride in April. I'm going back now and hopefully things will change.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diet and lifestyle definitely plays a huge part in male pattern baldness (or at least hair quality) and people don't want to hear it. I've been eating like sh*t during my summer vacation and my shedding increased a huge ton whereas it definitely became much less after starting finasteride in April. I'm going back now and hopefully things will change.

Clearly must be the food. There's no evidence for this claim apart from your anecdotes and if you wanna hear mine I have noticed that the people with the worst junkfood diets often have the best hair.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
But not male pattern baldness or predisposition to it, so it has nothing to do with those people, we are talking here about people with male pattern baldness not by the hobos i also see everyday on the streets with full head of hairs!

Exactly, predisposition is everything, or at least so important compared to all other factors that they pale in comparison.

INT

Reaction score
Well that does not mean that if the hobo with a full head of hair is eating all the sh*t and still keeping it, that a male pattern baldness affected dude can eat the same sh*t without it impacting his hair or accelerating his loss... I saw a lot of studies and materials that suggest that nutrients don't go to the follicle of a male pattern baldness dude compared to one that does not have this... Maybe because of the clogged follicles, maybe who the f*** knows why but there is a lot of evidence if you search for it, that diet actually makes a difference even if not that much as other things do, i also experienced it on my skin, and even if it's anecdotal, for me it's enough...

Can you maybe link these studies?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aspirin is a PGD2 inhibitor if I recall correctly. I heard some guys in the past saying it helped with their hairloss.
It helps my hair indeed. So what can I take/use to mimic the effects of it without the increased chance of bleeding?