Rate My 3261 Grafts Fue By Dr Demirsoy.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you saying Demirsoy isn't that great on hairlines? All the doctors with great reputation for hairlines charge an arm & leg arrrgh
He's not one of the top names yet but he's definitely good for a much smaller price, we will see on me. I'll post an update in a week I have improved since month 6 and it was worth it, clearly.
Let's see if I go from ok final result to great from month 7 to month 12-14, I have no idea how this will unfold.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you post a pic with your hair combed back to show density? would be appreciated!

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry guys I'm travelling until Friday.

Will post an update at the end of the week.

I feel like I'm still improving but lightning is everything.

I went to Vinci London this week to learn about SMP for density effect. They seem serious but is it worth it when I have derm match I can't tell.

Really counting on the next six months for some appreciable thickening. In my opinion almost everyone will need a second pass to achieve a dense look under all circumstances.

shookwun

Reaction score
Sorry guys I'm travelling until Friday.

Will post an update at the end of the week.

I feel like I'm still improving but lightning is everything.

I went to Vinci London this week to learn about SMP for density effect. They seem serious but is it worth it when I have derm match I can't tell.

Really counting on the next six months for some appreciable thickening. In my opinion almost everyone will need a second pass to achieve a dense look under all circumstances.

Second surgery is always needed.

First surgery is laying the foundation, frame, and essential coverage. In most cases it will be situational thinning under certain lightening, angles and styles. All though this is also highly dependent on your follicle characteristics, scalp-hair contrast and skin color

Second surgery is where you refine your entire area again with grafts, and places that other wise didn't grow as well. Minor tweaks such as temple point advancement, increases density in the hairline, and spot treatment.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I get a second surgery I will sure do the temple points. Who are the good temple points guys in your opinion? Feriduni but he's expensive as f***.

shookwun

Reaction score
If I get a second surgery I will sure do the temple points. Who are the good temple points guys in your opinion? Feriduni but he's expensive as f***.
They take a lot of grafts depending on how bald you are before hand. Also, considering that we can only use 1's to give it a feathered natural look.

I dont think it matters who you go with as long as they do proper angle incisions, implantation and use 1 grafts.

Took me 250 grafts per side to restore the sides, and construct temple points.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When did you feel that your hair transplant stopped evolving? I can't tell if I'll be fine with the final result yet. Ever considered SMP to thicken it up?

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7 months:

Hud8CBg.png

88kLWaT.jpg

Worst area, considering a second pass there if it doesn't improve until month 12-14.

RGpsf7L.png

Hairline:
XAH0rOa.png

Diffuse thinning, to be fixed by a SMP:

ZM2WwE7.png

FUE bald patch smp will be needed

IsmrsQM.jpg

IsmrsQM

XAH0rOa

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
That right side still hasn't filled in, dang it. Everything else looks good. I filled out the form on Demirsoy's site, how long did they take to respond to you? I also did Dr Cinik aswell

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Muzaffer is the quickest to reply among patient advisors.
The side that is not satisfactory is the same that technician that did not seem serious was working. Still hoping for a late improvement but it's frustrating.

Considering getting the temple points done if I get another surgery.

shookwun

Reaction score
There wont be any new growth.

All your growth is done.

Maturing, hair calibre density increase, pigmentation, and hair flow change..

you have good density, but you can tell how extremely diffuse you are.

Another 2000.

Fue usually maxes out for most people around 5000. People with dense hair can get away with 6000

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heh maybe to those who critique hair loss can tell its diffusing, most normal people I doubt would notice anything

But if you take that second surgery @Assemblage23 will you be returning to Demirsoy?

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heh maybe to those who critique hair loss can tell its diffusing, most normal people I doubt would notice anything

But if you take that second surgery @Assemblage23 will you be returning to Demirsoy?
I can't tell yet it depends on the yield if I believe the yield was good then I could go to Demirsoy. It has still potential to improve and I can't really rate my transplant yet.

But even if I end up with a really good yield, Demirsoy doesn't do temple points, and I would really like to use the next surgery to get them done.

It really depends on how much donor hair I've got left also. BHT is alright as a last resort, but it does have a sh*t yield. I need to plan the future for the worst case scenario, even with finasteride working well at the moment. Normally I've got enough to cover the vertex in case it takes a massive hit over the next few years.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see some tiny hairs on that side it seems to be catching up. I'll up pics next month.

shookwun

Reaction score
I'm surprised at his right side, very diffuse and the patchiness at the back. Still, it all covers up reasonably well. Do you think a lot of his grafts didn't make it? I particularly feel that about the right side. Maybe the new hairs that popped out in the last month will catch up in growth with the rest and make a difference...along with the changes you described like maturation of existing hair.

there is no new hair growth at this point. changes in texture, pigmentation, caliber density can be expected to increase at this point. I suppose we can cope on this matter, but at 9-10 months all hair has sprouted from personal experience.

His hairline density is roughly 30-40CM2. See through looking at a social distance, and observation.

He's in the situational category where his hair can appear full, and thin in certain situations. Given is course, wavy and curly hair.. it gives the illusion of more density, and coverage. But at the hairline this isn't the case when you look at a social distance

It could be surgeon, and technique related but I still stand by my previous notion behind one transplant is almost never enough. He will need another surgery to reinforce his entire scalp.

Dense packing is misunderstood as there is a limit on what can be achieved with a first pass.

shookwun

Reaction score
I agree with you but my point was he is at month 7 I believe. 2 more months of potential new growth is still possible. They say, however you look at month 6, almost double it at month 12. Also I've just looked at the grafts on page 1. It would be interesting to know if they were placed at 50 grafts per cm2. Like you I believe they are slightly more spread out.

Dr Diep I notice has a great artistic eye for example with his incisions. He can make maximum use of limited grafts in a bigger space. But most surgeons need to get close to that 50 grafts per cm2.

Overall, this is a good enough result and just needs some tweaking. But it's not necessarily urgent. His hair characteristics will help him immensely as you say. At least grafts look natural and decent thickness.
Two more months of potential growth sounds about right.

It's hard to tell if his transplant was a success or not.

When he pulls that temple apart, it looks like barely any of the grafts grew. However he has very course, thick and dense hair which gives a lot of coverage every where else. This would of been the primary area of restoration seeing as it was bald previously.

Curly hair for that matter has a more complicated extraction pattern due the bell-curve it has when harvesting, and even implanting for that matter.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Demirsoy hasn't replied to me after 1 week. Disappointing. Cinik's assistant has been very prompt with responses.

I wanted Demirsoy because he looks like a gummy bear. oh well.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be surgeon, and technique related but I still stand by my previous notion behind one transplant is almost never enough. He will need another surgery to reinforce his entire scalp.
shookwun, what do you think of H&W's results? They seem to be able to deliver great density with one pass quite consistently. Is it because of the higher yield with fut?

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A FUT is the smartest option as a first pass. Better yield and better to fully exploit your donor area.