Rate My 3261 Grafts Fue By Dr Demirsoy. | Page 9 | HairLossTalk Forums

Rate My 3261 Grafts Fue By Dr Demirsoy.

Discussion in 'Hair Transplant FUE Before and After Photos' started by Assemblage23, Aug 14, 2016.

1. shookwun

shookwun Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    There wont be any new growth.

All your growth is done.

Maturing, hair calibre density increase, pigmentation, and hair flow change..

you have good density, but you can tell how extremely diffuse you are.

Another 2000.

Fue usually maxes out for most people around 5000. People with dense hair can get away with 6000

Wolf Pack likes this.
  2. spring15

spring15 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Heh maybe to those who critique hair loss can tell its diffusing, most normal people I doubt would notice anything

But if you take that second surgery @Assemblage23 will you be returning to Demirsoy?

3. Assemblage23

Assemblage23 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I can't tell yet it depends on the yield if I believe the yield was good then I could go to Demirsoy. It has still potential to improve and I can't really rate my transplant yet.

But even if I end up with a really good yield, Demirsoy doesn't do temple points, and I would really like to use the next surgery to get them done.

It really depends on how much donor hair I've got left also. BHT is alright as a last resort, but it does have a shit yield. I need to plan the future for the worst case scenario, even with finasteride working well at the moment. Normally I've got enough to cover the vertex in case it takes a massive hit over the next few years.

4. Wolf Pack

Wolf Pack Moderator My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm surprised at his right side, very diffuse and the patchiness at the back. Still, it all covers up reasonably well. Do you think a lot of his grafts didn't make it? I particularly feel that about the right side. Maybe the new hairs that popped out in the last month will catch up in growth with the rest and make a difference...along with the changes you described like maturation of existing hair.

5. Assemblage23

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I see some tiny hairs on that side it seems to be catching up. I'll up pics next month.

Wolf Pack likes this.
  6. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I am roughly the same month as you, so can I feel tiny ones. I saw a Dr say that up to month 9 new hairs will pop up. After that, only maturation. No one truly knows and it's different for all.

Assemblage23 likes this.
  7. shookwun

shookwun Senior Member

Dislikes Received:

there is no new hair growth at this point. changes in texture, pigmentation, caliber density can be expected to increase at this point. I suppose we can cope on this matter, but at 9-10 months all hair has sprouted from personal experience.

His hairline density is roughly 30-40CM2. See through looking at a social distance, and observation.

He's in the situational category where his hair can appear full, and thin in certain situations. Given is course, wavy and curly hair.. it gives the illusion of more density, and coverage. But at the hairline this isn't the case when you look at a social distance

It could be surgeon, and technique related but I still stand by my previous notion behind one transplant is almost never enough. He will need another surgery to reinforce his entire scalp.

Dense packing is misunderstood as there is a limit on what can be achieved with a first pass.

Wolf Pack likes this.
  8. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I agree with you but my point was he is at month 7 I believe. 2 more months of potential new growth is still possible. They say, however you look at month 6, almost double it at month 12. Also I've just looked at the grafts on page 1. It would be interesting to know if they were placed at 50 grafts per cm2. Like you I believe they are slightly more spread out.

Dr Diep I notice has a great artistic eye for example with his incisions. He can make maximum use of limited grafts in a bigger space. But most surgeons need to get close to that 50 grafts per cm2.

Overall, this is a good enough result and just needs some tweaking. But it's not necessarily urgent. His hair characteristics will help him immensely as you say. At least grafts look natural and decent thickness.

shookwun likes this.
  9. shookwun

shookwun Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Two more months of potential growth sounds about right.

It's hard to tell if his transplant was a success or not.

When he pulls that temple apart, it looks like barely any of the grafts grew. However he has very course, thick and dense hair which gives a lot of coverage every where else. This would of been the primary area of restoration seeing as it was bald previously.

Curly hair for that matter has a more complicated extraction pattern due the bell-curve it has when harvesting, and even implanting for that matter.

10. spring15

Dislikes Received:
    Demirsoy hasn't replied to me after 1 week. Disappointing. Cinik's assistant has been very prompt with responses.

I wanted Demirsoy because he looks like a gummy bear. oh well.

11. WMQ

WMQ Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    shookwun, what do you think of H&W's results? They seem to be able to deliver great density with one pass quite consistently. Is it because of the higher yield with fut?

12. Assemblage23

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    A FUT is the smartest option as a first pass. Better yield and better to fully exploit your donor area.

13. shookwun

shookwun Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    It is, but a lot of people are not willing to accept the temporary downtime. A lot of misconception behind fut.

With the right surgeon you will have a penile thin scar. Put it this way, when i asked my transplant doctor if I should graft it in, he saw no point in doing so. It was virtually undetectable with tricho closure.

Not only that but in the long run when you utilizing both fut and fue you will harvest more grafts. Had I strictly stuck with fue I would be missing out on approximately 2500 grafts.

Fue on average can harvest about 5000 grafts. Anything more and you risk overvhrvesting. Combining fut with fue i will be abLe to harvest 8000. I am considered someone with average density, and below in some areas.

People with good donors can get away with 6k grafts but then what? NOT ABLE TO DO FUT. Donor is depleted and won't provide coverage once you have fut. Scar will be visible.

14. spring15

Dislikes Received:
    Must be coming up 8 months now, the journey is nearly over. Have the improvements started to plateau now?

15. Assemblage23

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Will post an update tomorrow it seems to be still improving but there are a few sparse spots that are frustrating.
    In one month I'll get a straightening treatment and see if I can enjoy my new style as well as I hoped to. If not I'll get a second pass a bit sooner but with one of the very top names from Belgium.

16. Assemblage23

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    8 months post-op. Cloudy day, couldn't get the best lightning for the monthly selfies.

I think it's almost the final result, I may enjoy some more thickening over the nest couple months but I can start to draw conclusions. It still looks better week after week, but maybe it's just the length.

I think I should have started with a FUT to get a better yield and to exploit my donor area better. The density is meh if you take a honest look, but that's the norm with a first FUE. I'd like to enjoy the undeniable cosmetic improvement for a little while before getting a second pass, I will email the top docs right away.

I will get a straightening treatment in one month to get rid of the goofy curls, it will be the moment of truth. I will not fail to keep you updated, but if the result is satsifactory, I'm probably going to forget what a computer is for a little while.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I had a nasty pimple that I tried to treat in that almost bald spot in the forelock area, hopefully some hairs can show up in this one spot when the skin heals.

[​IMG]

Bad side where the technician didn't seem very serious.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Let's see the donor area I would love to know how many grafts I've got let in there.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

To put things into perspective, let's have a look at the horrendous pre-op pics, and keep in mind I was really able to run serious cover-up game back then with that length. I think Demirsoy did a good job. But I will most likely go see a Belgian big name for the second pass because I need to make the most out of my donor area and to do the temple points.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

spring15 likes this.
  17. spring15

Dislikes Received:
    That lagging patch seems to have filled in slightly which is pleasing, as for the straightening, well I've never heard of guys getting it done but whatever floats your boat.

Do you really think you need a second surgery, so soon anyway? To the public you are a fullhead, forgot those Norwood spotters...

18. Assemblage23

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Very sunny day so I took a couple pics outside, at 8months and a half post-op.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

indoors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had pimples on my shitty areas, did not want to treat them too agressively.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The donor area

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tomcat and spring15 like this.
  19. spring15

Dislikes Received:
    Looking good, very natural appearance. Go slay.

How long did you have donor irritation @Assemblage23 ? I'm nearly 2 week post op and its still itchy / irritable at times.

20. Assemblage23

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Haha I'm still getting destroyed on Tinder apparently, does this thing actually work outside of the puahate male model experiments? Fortunaltely I've always gotten laid quite a lot thanks to my weekend nightclub job, shooting for better quality lays now.

I really neglected my donor area. I had pimples for a very long time.

It really hurt for the first week, and took about 2-3 weeks to feel normal from what I remember.

spring15 likes this.