Rate My 3261 Grafts Fue By Dr Demirsoy.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, it's been 25 days since I finally got a FUE hair transplant, with Dr.Demirsoy, in Istanbul, Turkey.

As you can see from my registration date, I've been battling hairloss for quite some time. Just turned 30, been on finasteride and minoxidil for 5 and 7 years. It's been a long and painful journey, and let me tell you getting a hair transplant is a big emotional rollercoaster. You'll see your hair loss battle history flash before your eyes, all your regrets and experiences come back haunting you and the anxiety of a poor result is tough to bear. This is not for everyone and whoever finally wins the battle(is finally happy with his hair on the long run) deserves every bit of the success.

Why did I go with Dr. Demirsoy? I wanted to go to Turkey where the best price for value is, and I had narrowed down my list to Koray Erdogan and Demirsoy. I would have chosen Erdogan originally, but Demirsoy offered me the best possible date(I was lucky he's hard to book) and his assistant Muzaffer was the quickest to reply and the most precise in his answers.

Dr Demirsoy doesn't have much results to show online, because he only does one patient a day, his clinic is very small. He does everything except the graft placement (technicians/nurses). His record is frustrating to track because he has big ups and downs. Some of his results are on par with the very best names, but I've seen some very dissapointing, sparse results as well. He has a section dedicated to his patients on the German board Alopezie.de.

His price is very low, 1.25 euro per graft, it wasn't really what made me choose him, I was very eager to finally get that transplant and the timing was right. I'm so fed up with being balding.

I payed 4000 euros for the transplant(I was offered the 61 extra grafts because he had quoted 3200) and something like 300 for the hotel and transfer.

I was very well treated and everyone was extremely professional and dedicated at the clinic. The hairline design was exactly what I wanted.
Now let's see about what matters most, the results. It's a bit early to tell, but what do you think about the density, I can already notice the temples are more sparse than the hairline, but it might be normal.

Day of the operation, hairline design:

nOEoRse.jpg

wH06MHb.jpg

LAsspdE.jpg

Right after the operation:
Xvm9JKt.jpg

PetGIma.jpg

Day 11 when all the scabs fell off, and maybe(hopefully) some hairs already fell:

nWuu5s1.jpg

Emb41d8.jpg

MNfTZuN.jpg

1kYux5V.jpg

Day 19: crazy peeling, visible shedding:

vMhh7vu.jpg

3 weeks :

The shedding has started, slowly, but undeniably, and it seems that the inside of the temples is much more sparse than the rest, on both sides. Back on minoxidil
th_sad.gif
th_sad.gif

N90DPUk.jpg

qlK02gZ.jpg

RqV4eWz.jpg

8EL2jJp.jpg

The crown area. I will most likely get a SMP (for long hair) next summer, seems like the best idea. Worried about having to stop minoxidil again I might hop on the oral minoxidil bandwagon for a month when I have to stop for the SMP! It's tough to find good SMP reviews for people who want to wear their hair longer than 10 cms online.

Day 22

The shedding has become much more agressive and I have officially entered the ugly duckling phase.

Today is day 25 and it seems that the shedding has slown down, or maybe there's already less hair to shed. Dr.Demirsoy told me to avoid toppik for two months, so I'm stuck inside all day and wearing a hat whenever I can. Back to work on day 45, I'll spray some toppik and avoid the spray.

Your criticism is more than welcome. I'm hoping for the best results, and if I'm dissapointed I'll see if I can densify the recipient area with a small procedure at Feriduni's. I will most likely get smp for the crown, and hopefeully avoid another hair transplant for a long time.

It's the final miles of a long hard road and we will see what's coming.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow man, that looks like top notch work to me. Given how thick and curly your hair is, I have no doubt that you will look almost like a thick NW1 within a year!! That is SO CHEAP!!

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the encouraging words. I really want to straighten my hair as soon as possible, it's always been what I wanted to do. I have to be careful about what I use because some products are tough on the scalp. If my result matches my expectations I can't wait to go to a fancy hairdresser.

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
Real clean, and nice work. Should be a great result.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
This will turn out real good. Good thick wavy hair and the work looks class. I never had that much hair loss but I had the same hairline done, similar type of hair and frontal 1/3 reinforcement.You did the frontal half!

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I just focused on the front. I'm scared to touch the thinning vertex and crown because of potential shockloss, and because of all the planning, downtime and money a hair transplant involves. Getting SMP/trico to make it look denser is very tempting. I could really ditch the concealers and forget about hairloss for many years, which is the endgame.

shookwun

Reaction score
Will most likely need additional work in the future. Look like you have aggressive hair loss.

for 4000 euro, that's not much for the amount of worked you received. In Canada the equivalent of that work would be about 10-12,000 euro.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will most likely need additional work in the future. Look like you have aggressive hair loss.

for 4000 euro, that's not much for the amount of worked you received. In Canada the equivalent of that work would be about 10-12,000 euro.
I have barely lost any hair since I started the treatments, only when I really messed around with aggressive straighteners and discontinued minoxidil(beause I was fully happy with the combover). I'm also planning on adding RU at a low dose before I jump on TRT in a few years(will up the dose then).

Yes it's very cheap I was ready to pay 8000 at Koray Erdogan. But Demirsoy's assistant had the perfect date for me and gave the fastest and most complete answers. Muzaffer Kukey. Top bloke. Turkey is definitely the place to go to get a hair transplant especially if you live in Europe like me.

It sounds to good to be true but looking at his results, Demirsoy can be great but he can be dissapointing. Here's the German forum where he has a section dedicated to his patients. Some cases look like there's been a lot of transsection.
http://www.alopezie.de/foren/transplant/index.php/f/31/

Aldrich

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, you could totally rock a shaven/bald look. Keep that dome trimmed if the results aren't to your satisfaction.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, you could totally rock a shaven/bald look. Keep that dome trimmed if the results aren't to your satisfaction.
Thank you but what I dearly want is long, straight hair. Researching straightening treatments that are gentle to the scalp several hours a week until a year from now. I will not celebrate before that. Maybe in fifteen years or so, when I've given up on looking good but still want to look decent and not bald, I'll get a grade 3 buzz and thicken it up with smp all over. But now I despeeately want hairdressing catalogue bangs.

Aldrich

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you but what I dearly want is long, straight hair. Researching straightening treatments that are gentle to the scalp several hours a week until a year from now. I will not celebrate before that. Maybe in fifteen years or so, when I've given up on looking good but still want to look decent and not bald, I'll get a grade 3 buzz and thicken it up with smp all over. But now I despeeately want hairdressing catalogue bangs.

I feel ya. But, know that you at least got the option. You have a decently shaped head and other features that supports a buzzed scalp. Good luck with the results and straightening it out.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
37 days post-op, and I have seen some small pimples and bumps emerge on my recipient area.

My surgeon gave me an antiseptic lotion to use in case of this.

I have started applying it to be safe, using a cotton pad, will do it once a day and carry on using minoxidil. Am I doing it right?

ZiItMn4.jpg

IMG

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found on real self written by a surgeon:

Pimples usually develop at 4 to 12 weeks after surgery and can continue for several months. They are usually caused by loose debris from skin and hair that got caught beneath the scalp, or can be caused by new growth pushing through much later on. It is possible that you’re experiencing the former at this point. If the pimples are severe, this could be folliculitis and should be looked at by your surgeon for possible treatment with antibiotics.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you! I just applied some of that Turkish antiseptic cream with cotton pads, left it on for like 15 minutes, and rinsed it off. I might have been overzealous, just hope it's not dangerous to the grafts(I know it should be but it's such a worrying period to go through).

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
You look like you'd suit having a shaved head, Vin Diesel looking dude

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You look like you'd suit having a shaved head, Vin Diesel looking dude
Vin Diesel really is the last celebrity I'd like to look like, never understood his appeal. Puffy potato face with a bloated physique. At least Statham looks very good for a bald man. But I'd rather look like Marlon Brando if I could choose!

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 40.

Back to square one, and actually a bit further down. There is almost no hair left, some have grown, some have not. Will use toppik a few times a week now, without spray, and I'll wash it off at night.
I had developped some early signs of pimples and my surgeon, upon viewing the pictures, recommended me to apply some antiseptic lotion.

I have been applying the antiseptic lotion a few times a day, with a cotton pad, and left it on for several hours, sometimes before going to sleep. My recipient area looks slightly better it seems.
Here are some pics of my current situation:

9IMmLEe.jpg

yoU8cpN.jpg

pKKaKlX.jpg

dNowC9m.jpg

And now with some antiseptic cream on, applied with a cotton pad. Switched to minoxidil once a day, only until my scalp starts looking better, soon!

VSkmHZG.jpg

Dr Demirsoy told me to wait one month and a half before I could get some impacts on my head, I'm a very active MMA/grappling competitor, so I still trained a little with very low intensity, I'm planning to start becoming more careless as of this week if that's okay. I forgot what the reasoning was behind so much caution, but I care about the hair more than about my upcoming tournaments!

Here I am, back to my public life, the next months are going to be the toughest!

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats the full recovery time for a hair transplant, can be like 6-12 months can't it until all new hair is terminal?

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, looks impressive from initial pics; also, as others have stated, if there was ever someone who could pull off the shaved look it's you. You can seriously rock the shaved head. Having hair is always better but at least you have other options (which makes the FUE the best choice of course)

Pretty crazy low price as well; please keep us up to date so we can see how it turns out. All the best in your recovery

Very low price indeed, surprisingly low! My surgeon has big ups and downs to be fair. Like I said earlier in the thread, I needed it NOW so I took the plunge with him, if things go well, I'll have a lot of money left for other cosmetic procedures(fillers, teeth whitening, laser hair removal...)

I sure will! Thank you!