Rate My 3261 Grafts Fue By Dr Demirsoy.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just wait a bit longer and pay a little extra and go with Erdogen ? Surely the end justifies the means

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just wait a bit longer and pay a little extra and go with Erdogen ? Surely the end justifies the means
A bit longer woulf have meant at least a full year. I wasn't sure I'd be free and single and I'm already quite old to make the most out of my looks. Getting PS as an old man makes it even more sad. I wish I had done this at 22. finasteride was able to stabilize my hairloss it would not have been a problem. I will always regret those wasted years!

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

9 weeks post-op.
2 months and one day.
63 days.

U4Jtwmw.jpg

U7VmMgl.jpg

goqEOU5.jpg

k8kZV98.jpg

v4zdEbw.jpg

Getting closer to the moment of truth. Plenty of stubble-like hair that seem new but don't want to grow. A few new, thin hairs. A small pimple. The calm before the storm!

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it happening?
It is. Pretty much as expected. Maybe a bit sooner than I thought, but it's still incredibly slow and challenging for my sanity. I have the shadow of a NW1, with very sparse and weak hairs growing, who are to be followed by another wave of the same type. I'm taking a few days off soon and I will have my last buzzcut to enjoy my growth in 3 weeks from now(3.5 months post-op). Will post some pics then.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is. Pretty much as expected. Maybe a bit sooner than I thought, but it's still incredibly slow and challenging for my sanity. I have the shadow of a NW1, with very sparse and weak hairs growing, who are to be followed by another wave of the same type. I'm taking a few days off soon and I will have my last buzzcut to enjoy my growth in 3 weeks from now(3.5 months post-op). Will post some pics then.

exciting stuff!

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanted to wait a little more to post an update, but this morning I couldn't resist taking pictures as I saw the noticeable shadow of the new hairline. Just took them as I woke up.

Here it is, 12 weeks and 3 days:

j5sjQCE.jpg

The left temple which is showing more growth at this point:

T7km1kg.jpg

Right one:
Qy7Mgoi.jpg

I need to buzz it all, maybe this afternoon, but waiting for some more thickening would be reasonable.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What hair style are you gong to rock once its all said and done?
A fringe, long and straightened. At least 4 inches. This would be what I'd love to pull off:
pietro.jpg

Im already able to apply toppik and the growth has barely started. It will at least be a major improvement. I no longer have horror stories in mind.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months and 4 days.

I just had a buzzcut to appreciate the early results better.

Quickly snapped some pics, the quality isn't the best, but I'm on a rush:

85UY1Uv.jpg

D2kpTFi.jpg

Quick look at my donor area:

6AYXfXX.jpg

This is just the beginning, and even if it's far from looking natural at the moment, the fear of a bad result is pretty much gone. I expect things to be at least decent, and a major cosmetic improvement.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
would it not look better to keep all your hair the same length?

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
would it not look better to keep all your hair the same length?
It is about the same length, it's just that the recipient area is very very thin and the growth is sparse, which is fine at 3 months post-op. It won't blend with the native hair before Christmas even if I do really well.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this guy still do it for 1.25 Euros a graft?

Yes. I have taken better pics and I see my progress everyday. I have to limit myself I would upload pics every day.

It will certainly not be a FUE horror story and I have no reason not to hope for a top notch result, despite all the wrestling and boxing I did after three weeks that worried me a lot.

Koray Erdogan was my first choice, but he's twice as expensive and I have no reason to believe the result would have been better so far. And he's still cheap compared to the top Belgian and North American guys.

I see a lot of guilible patients diving headfirst (pun intended) into low-cost surgery with Turkish(or other Middle-East countries) clinics, and I've seen some really shitty results, some decent, a few good ones. I'm talking real low-cost here, 2100 euros for as many grafts as you want for instance(the one clinic everyone goes to on the main french forum), it's like playing russian roulette. We only have so many grafts, and it's a life-changing surgery. But there is a real compromise between the high-end Belgian and American clinics and the low-cost technician-only third world clinics.

I could have paid 1500 euros in a low-cost Turkish clinic, maybe 800 in Iran, and I could also have paid 15000 euros at one of the top names.
I don't think there's a real difference between most good results from Demirsoy and the good results from the big names. If it works out well, I will have saved at least 4000 euros. I still have to admit I was more worried at the beginning than I would have been if I went to Feriduni or Rahal. But after a bit more than 3 months and my early results, I believe I made the right decision.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro the early results are looking great. This is going to change your life

It will certainly not be a FUE horror story and I have no reason not to hope for a top notch result, despite all the wrestling and boxing I did after three weeks that worried me a lot.

I'm looking to get back into muay thai/boxing but I'm hesitant as I'm getting a transplant in a couple months and I worry about sparring before the grafts have developed a blood supply....sounds like this wasn't an issue for you

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro the early results are looking great. This is going to change your life

I'm looking to get back into muay thai/boxing but I'm hesitant as I'm getting a transplant in a couple months and I worry about sparring before the grafts have developed a blood supply....sounds like this wasn't an issue for you

It's improving fast, I'm going to wait at least a week before I post a new update. I was mentally prepaired to have to wait much longer for a noticeable cosmetic improvement. The new hair is far from blending with the rest, but just a few days after my last update there is a clear improvement. If the lightning is flattering, it looks like natural thinning. The frame is back. It's much slower on one side though, and it happens to be the side that the technician which seemed the less careful was taking care of during the incision part. But it's quite common to see a side growing slower than the other one.

As for muay thai, I think you should avoid anything hitting your head for three weeks, and then focus on drills, combinations and hitting the pads for three more weeks. Then wear headgear for as long as possible, you really don't want a cut on your recipient area, especially with MT(elbows and knees). But it's just a 3-week break actually, and no hard sparring for a month or two!

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's improving fast, I'm going to wait at least a week before I post a new update. I was mentally prepaired to have to wait much longer for a noticeable cosmetic improvement. The new hair is far from blending with the rest, but just a few days after my last update there is a clear improvement. If the lightning is flattering, it looks like natural thinning. The frame is back. It's much slower on one side though, and it happens to be the side that the technician which seemed the less careful was taking care of during the incision part. But it's quite common to see a side growing slower than the other one.

As for muay thai, I think you should avoid anything hitting your head for three weeks, and then focus on drills, combinations and hitting the pads for three more weeks. Then wear headgear for as long as possible, you really don't want a cut on your recipient area, especially with MT(elbows and knees). But it's just a 3-week break actually, and no hard sparring for a month or two!

I did thai some years back and in sparring you don't do elbows and generally keep knees to the body, so they aren't so much a worry. More so worried about temporary loss of circulation to parts of the head that take impact, even with head gear.

Right now I'm looking to do pure boxing for about a year to focus on my hands, and then transition back into MT.

What's your combat sports experience if you don't mind my asking? I've done a bit on and off over the years. Wrestled in middle school and first 2 years of high school, muay thai for about 1.5 years, bjj for a similar amount of time, and some continued sparring/rolling on and off. I'm not looking to compete at this point, but I love the training and martial arts culture and just how overall rewarding it is

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did thai some years back and in sparring you don't do elbows and generally keep knees to the body, so they aren't so much a worry. More so worried about temporary loss of circulation to parts of the head that take impact, even with head gear.

Right now I'm looking to do pure boxing for about a year to focus on my hands, and then transition back into MT.

What's your combat sports experience if you don't mind my asking? I've done a bit on and off over the years. Wrestled in middle school and first 2 years of high school, muay thai for about 1.5 years, bjj for a similar amount of time, and some continued sparring/rolling on and off. I'm not looking to compete at this point, but I love the training and martial arts culture and just how overall rewarding it is

This is what my surgeon told me about impacts, how big of an impact are we talking? I did land on my head a few times after a sweep or takedown quite early on.

I'm a grappling competitor, and I had 4 mma fights. I coach in mma and grappling. My muay thai coach wants me to fight as well.