Raise Your Hand If Hair Loss Cost You A Relationship

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I lost my relationship not because my partner hated the way i looked (she barely even noticed) but because of the anxiety, insecurity, and loss of positive self-image that hair loss caused me. These things were destructive to my personality and turned me into a different person than the one she fell in love with. I felt depressed and hopeless and stopped reaching out. Everything became about hair, and every other thought was despair about further loss. Can't be in a healthy relationship in that mindset.

Hair loss ruined my life. Drove me away from the only person I ever loved, and now my life is meaningless.

/rant

SBAmerican

Established Member
Reaction score
I lost my relationship not because my partner hated the way i looked (she barely even noticed) but because of the anxiety, insecurity, and loss of positive self-image that hair loss caused me. These things were destructive to my personality and turned me into a different person than the one she fell in love with. I felt depressed and hopeless and stopped reaching out. Everything became about hair, and every other thought was despair about further loss. Can't be in a healthy relationship in that mindset.

Hair loss ruined my life. Drove me away from the only person I ever loved, and now my life is meaningless.

/rant
Hand raised!

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I do not know of this counts but I'll say it.

When I was 19, a girl was head over heels for me. Even traveled miles and miles just to speak to me.

I had another girlfriend so I did not reciprocate.
When I was 21, the former relationship ended and I went to the first girl and kissed her and asked her to be together.
She was very reluctant and the relation never took off. After a couple of days she asked off the bat: "were you always this bald?"

T

tellersquill

When I was 19, a girl was head over heels for me. Even traveled miles and miles just to speak to me.

When I was 21, the former relationship ended and I went to the first girl and kissed her and asked her to be together.
She was very reluctant and the relation never took off. After a couple of days she asked off the bat: "were you always this bald?"
What Norwood was you when she asked?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
What Norwood was you when she asked?
TBH it was a long long time ago. We did not have the Internet and I did not know what Norwood was. Neither do I have pictures of that time: it was when I started avoiding cameras...
I think I wasn't that bad for the crown, but the temples were already kind of decimated.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

It's horrible to go through that at 19. I am sorry to hear that.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am very lucky to still be a married man when I act like a little b**ch about this hair all the time and push cameras away

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's horrible to go through that at 19. I am sorry to hear that.
In a way I was lucky because I have a completely bald (NW7) dad (since he was 30).
So I always knew what my path was.
No surprises. I guess it's worse for those that are taken aback by this bad luck...

EvilLocks

Reaction score

/rant

Raising my hand. My relationship ended because he couldn't handle being with a bald girl though, but even if he did stay I would have drove him away eventually with my depressive ways.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Raising my hand. My relationship ended because he couldn't handle being with a bald girl though, but even if he did stay I would have drove him away eventually with my depressive ways.

i'm sorry. that's really tough. did he actually use those words?

i always ask myself why i couldn't just be satisfied knowing it was good enough for her. she said multiple times that it's fine and i shouldn't buzz it but i couldn't look at a decaying rat's nest in the mirror every day.

shookwun

Reaction score
i'm sorry. that's really tough. did he actually use those words?

i always ask myself why i couldn't just be satisfied knowing it was good enough for her. she said multiple times that it's fine and i shouldn't buzz it but i couldn't look at a decaying rat's nest in the mirror every day.
Time to have a transplant.

How long do you plan on coping for? Low self esteem, and insecurities will drive everyone away. Both women, and men.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted about this a few weeks back;

I have very minor temple recession and because of this I rock like an old Justin Bieber guy but a lot tighter on the sides. I went on a second date with this girl and I thought everything went well; she told me about how much fun she was having and her and I made out. When I went to drop her off home, she started to play with my hair and telling me that I needed a "new hair style" (total "oh sh*t" moment). She was messing around with my hair and totally must have saw the recession/thinning I had going on. She made my hair look stupid then kissed me goodbye and I left. Afterwards she started acting weird to me, aka not talking to me at all. A couple weeks later she ended up getting back together with her thick Norwood 1 Chad Thundercock boyfriend.

What is even worse is that this week she texted me trying to talk to me. I usually just blew off responses or gave very short responses. She ended up making a comment to me "Don't be mad that I denied you." f*****g went threw me like a gunshot. God damn it I'm such a pussy.

shookwun

Reaction score
I posted about this a few weeks back;

I have very minor temple recession and because of this I rock like an old Justin Bieber guy but a lot tighter on the sides. I went on a second date with this girl and I thought everything went well; she told me about how much fun she was having and her and I made out. When I went to drop her off home, she started to play with my hair and telling me that I needed a "new hair style" (total "oh sh*t" moment). She was messing around with my hair and totally must have saw the recession/thinning I had going on. She made my hair look stupid then kissed me goodbye and I left. Afterwards she started acting weird to me, aka not talking to me at all. A couple weeks later she ended up getting back together with her thick Norwood 1 Chad Thundercock boyfriend.

What is even worse is that this week she texted me trying to talk to me. I usually just blew off responses or gave very short responses. She ended up making a comment to me "Don't be mad that I denied you." f*****g went threw me like a gunshot. God damn it I'm such a pussy.
IT had nothing to do with your hair.

I like you man, I think you're a decent chap. You have a thick head of hair with almost zero hair loss.

Not hair related.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
IT had nothing to do with your hair.

I like you man, I think you're a decent chap. You have a thick head of hair with almost zero hair loss.

Not hair related.

Thank you for the kind words Shook, it means a lot.

jd_uk

Reaction score
2qc15x1.jpg

You definitely spend way, way too much time online. Seems like in the last week whenever I do pop online people are saying this stupid phrase.

Best thing you could do for yourself is sign off the internet for 2 weeks, get a pen and paper and write down a list of ways that you could improve your life. There surely has to come a point where you stop writing about how ugly you are and decide to become someone who suceeds regardless.