Raise Your Hand If Hair Loss Cost You A Relationship

jd_uk

Reaction score
I posted about this a few weeks back;

I have very minor temple recession and because of this I rock like an old Justin Bieber guy but a lot tighter on the sides. I went on a second date with this girl and I thought everything went well; she told me about how much fun she was having and her and I made out. When I went to drop her off home, she started to play with my hair and telling me that I needed a "new hair style" (total "oh sh*t" moment). She was messing around with my hair and totally must have saw the recession/thinning I had going on. She made my hair look stupid then kissed me goodbye and I left. Afterwards she started acting weird to me, aka not talking to me at all. A couple weeks later she ended up getting back together with her thick Norwood 1 Chad Thundercock boyfriend.

What is even worse is that this week she texted me trying to talk to me. I usually just blew off responses or gave very short responses. She ended up making a comment to me "Don't be mad that I denied you." f*****g went threw me like a gunshot. God damn it I'm such a pussy.

Easier said than done when you have an insecurity but in that situation you have to be strong with her and hold the frame. She was messing your hair up/trying to make it look stupid to get a reaction.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
i'm sorry. that's really tough. did he actually use those words?

i always ask myself why i couldn't just be satisfied knowing it was good enough for her. she said multiple times that it's fine and i shouldn't buzz it but i couldn't look at a decaying rat's nest in the mirror every day.

Yes, basically.

I totally understand where you're coming from; losing your hair does something to you, and it's not easy facing yourself in the mirror each and every day. And of course this can affect a relationship. Even if your partner is supportive you can't know what they're truly thinking. If they suddenly find themselves with a NW4+ partner they might start questioning themselves why they're with that person. Even if they don't and are truly supportive, It's hard for the person suffering from baldness to trust that they actually mean what they say, and that they won't leave you as your baldness progresses.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm sorry. that's really tough. did he actually use those words?

i always ask myself why i couldn't just be satisfied knowing it was good enough for her. she said multiple times that it's fine and i shouldn't buzz it but i couldn't look at a decaying rat's nest in the mirror every day.

speaking of decaying rat's nests, where is buckthorn?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted about this a few weeks back;

I have very minor temple recession and because of this I rock like an old Justin Bieber guy but a lot tighter on the sides. I went on a second date with this girl and I thought everything went well; she told me about how much fun she was having and her and I made out. When I went to drop her off home, she started to play with my hair and telling me that I needed a "new hair style" (total "oh sh*t" moment). She was messing around with my hair and totally must have saw the recession/thinning I had going on. She made my hair look stupid then kissed me goodbye and I left. Afterwards she started acting weird to me, aka not talking to me at all. A couple weeks later she ended up getting back together with her thick Norwood 1 Chad Thundercock boyfriend.

What is even worse is that this week she texted me trying to talk to me. I usually just blew off responses or gave very short responses. She ended up making a comment to me "Don't be mad that I denied you." f*****g went threw me like a gunshot. God damn it I'm such a pussy.

Chad Thundercock

Not to be underestimated in his capacity to rail out all the half way desirable women

a menace to our fairy tale desires

9f1aa63f-0544-4b5d-bbe9-391a975ee13c.jpg

jd_uk

Reaction score
I'm already trying the only path I have left: career. Easy to give advice when you're more than decent-looking, isn't it?

Life isn't fair but we all only get one and have to make the best of what we have with what we are given. There are much more handsome guys than me who haven't had the experiences that I have had or for whatever reason are more shy. Career is good but look at other areas too...join some random clubs/get new hobbies. Work out regularly - even if its not gonna suddenly make you look good, just do it for you - to know that you are fit and healthy. I spoke to an old mate yesterday...he never ever had girls as he was typically geeky, extremely skinny with glasses, crooked teeth and i know he was very shy because of some congenital deformity of his breastbone. Yesterday he tells me 'got a girlfriend now and she's actually fit, not sure how that happened'. I know how...because he was always just a good, fun and sociable guy to be around.

Take a break from your job sometime and set a goal to travel somewhere different. The amount of guys i've seen who are objectively pretty ugly having amazing experiences travelling around the world, often with girls around them etc...you'd be surprised. I could probably post pics off facebook to demonstrate but wouldnt want to without peoples permission.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chad Thundercock

Not to be underestimated in his capacity to rail out all the half way desirable women

a menace to our fairy tale desires

9f1aa63f-0544-4b5d-bbe9-391a975ee13c.jpg

That is literally what her ex looks like. I look like the love child of Ben Gibbard and Adam Scott so I didn't really stand a chance.

shookwun

Reaction score
Is that dumb c*** Jeff Seid still claiming natural? :D

Baldingat188

Reaction score
well I have never been in a relationship and there is a whole landuary list of reasons why

Although hair loss has made me not even want to put the slightest effort in. Even in the off chance someone was intrested in me, I probably wouldn't take them up on it because I know I will be bald in 2 years anyways. Such a terrible time for me to start losing my hair.... just when other things in my life started going ok. Pisses me off about the entire situation. I just wish I could delay my hair loss till 30 or 40, granted I would still care at that age but at least I would get some life experience and dating in my 20s... godam.

T

tellersquill

Some of those guys have taken it way too far.

As most of you know, I am an avid lifter, but those guys are way too lean and probably have a little too much muscle.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
she started to play with my hair and telling me that I needed a "new hair style" (total "oh sh*t" moment)..

Don't worry: time will come (unless Tsuji saves us all) when the "oh sh*t" moment becomes the "oh here we go, finally she said it, it was quite time" moment :)

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
100% natty brah, its all effort whats your excuse your just lazy lol.

7d972a50ab04fbff8d1a9cc39a5ad9db.jpg
In a soft skills book by John Sonmez I read that in order to have the "washboard" abs (funny that in Italian we call them the "turtle") it is not enough to do abs in the gym. You have to have as little abdominal fat as possible and muscles will appear. But to do that you basically have to eat close to
Nothing. I do not know how well this plays with your mind.

Oh, either that, or you use the famous "substances".

T

tellersquill

I've never given you advice directly, dante.

In fact, if you remember, I've offered my sympathy to your situation a great deal of times and I have said that I am sorry that you suffer so much.

I think you do not like me because you see me as 'good looking' because I have never insulted you in my whole time on here.

T

tellersquill

Yet one more proof that genetics is everything. You can't change it nor fight it, or do anything about it if you lose the genetic lottery.
I'm a big believer in epigenetics (we have a genetic predisposition but that it can be altered somewhat by environment and behaviour).

So some people are born with an ectomorph body - but they can still build a decent (but not huge body) with the correct stimuli (you can find this a thousand times online).

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I havn't used online dating or tinder (yet) , how many of those chicks are serious or just looking for a bang?