Puretech Health - 2017 Annual Report (2018-04-16)

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought the whole deal is about "follicle neogenesis"??!? aka creating new follicles and and a point of no return shouldn't exist by that mean.

The last time I've checked, especially thanks to Noisette, was that this could also create and somehow repair old scars from FUE/FUT areas and therefore at least lead in "some" new follicles even in those fucked up areas.

Wondering what happened that this should have changed or was I totally wrong on this?

We are discussing cosmetic acceptable regrowth.

I have read all the skin disruption + minoxidil studies, follow the progress in success cases and use the dermaroller and dermastamp myself.

Allmost all of the good stories were diffusers within the NW2-4 range.

I hope Follica can bring NWs 5-7 to NW2 but i dont think this is likely, especially when they stated 100 per cm2 as all they can regrow, and im counting vellus hair.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ye it was a wise choice he used "completely" because I also think you cant regrow a juvenile hairline and at some point the mature hairline will be there.. but when you see amazing regrowth when people use extreme regimen this is a proof you can still regrow a good amount of hairs (lets say regain a decent norwood 2) even when you were in norwood cemetery.

Some men using estrogen often get amazing results , but they undergo a massive change in their skin metabolism, its not only hair regrowing but their skin changes as the rest of the body does.

I think Follica will not achieve those kind of results, hope im wrong though.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some men using estrogen often get amazing results , but they undergo a massive change in their skin metabolism, its not only hair regrowing but their skin changes as the rest of the body does.

I think Follica will not achieve those kind of results, hope im wrong though.

of course but I mean that shows this is always possible to regrow a good amount of hairs. Follica? I trust the method(wounding+compound) but obviously the key will be the compound.... if you have the right drug I think you can expect the right result. there must be a drug out there than can do wonders but I don't know what could be the drug they use in trials. Im curious to know actually

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
of course but I mean that shows this is always possible to regrow a good amount of hairs. Follica? I trust the method(wounding+compound) but obviously the key will be the compound.... if you have the right drug I think you can expect the right result. there must be a drug out there than can do wonders but I don't know what could be the drug they use in trials. Im curious to know actually

But does follica not use minoxidil?
If you get a f****ing bloated face from minoxidil you cant use follicas rain product right?
Or have they found any way to prevent minoxidil going systemic?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
But does follica not use minoxidil?
If you get a f****ing bloated face from minoxidil you cant use follicas rain product right?
Or have they found any way to prevent minoxidil going systemic?
I pray minoxidil won't be included with their RAIN product. Side effects are NASTY.....also could the delay coincide with the setipiprant testing?

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I pray minoxidil won't be included with their RAIN product. Side effects are NASTY.....also could the delay coincide with the setipiprant testing?

You need not pray. Min is the only approved hair loss topical drug. They can do a cocktail of other thing, but minoxidil will still be the protagonist

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought it is semi offical, that minoxidil is included in the rain product?

TommyJones

My Regimen
Reaction score
As for those whining about minoxidil and the mythical "bloated face" (which is a side effect that has only ever been reported on the boards and isn't even listened among the official minoxidil side effects), you best hope that Follica launches with minoxidil only, because if their plan is to wait until other novel compounds are available, then forget about 2021-22, as it will more likely be 2031-32.

to me it sounds like this is the case.

being around as a "reputable" company when some researcher actually comes up with something, so that they can add some bs application or plastic device to it and sell it as their own product

really embarrassing at this point

so basically, it took them a decade of work only to come up with a combo of an already existing wounding technique and an already existing hairloss product (minoxidil). which will be useless if you dont also use another existing drug (finasteride), since all the newly created follicles will be susceptible to dht anyway. f*****g brilliant.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t really get how this is much different from microneedling and minoxidil.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

being around as a "reputable" company when some researcher actually comes up with something, so that they can add some bs application or plastic device to it and sell it as their own product

so basically, it took them a decade of work only to come up with a combo of an already existing wounding technique and an already existing hairloss product (minoxidil). which will be useless if you dont also use another existing drug (finasteride), since all the newly created follicles will be susceptible to dht anyway. f*****g brilliant.
What r u talking about?
If Follica doesn't deliver, it will be the end of it all.
Don't say such things.
They hurt my FEELINGS.

(It's funny some commentators believe they speak reasonably and call others out for talking bs, when what they say is utter bs)

H

Reaction score

565d20b7-f3d1-4ccb-a9b3-b7753be08c70_1.829581606988d6653564c6abe6f8cdea.jpeg
They are using Smuckers method. Peanut butter plus Jelly, 1 jar.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Those newly created follicles shouldn’t actually succumb to the DHT for several years minimum. At the very least, this can buy you some time as other maintenance options (hopefully) come to market.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those newly created follicles shouldn’t actually succumb to the DHT for several years minimum. At the very least, this can buy you some time as other maintenance options (hopefully) come to market.

And that is it, spent more than a decade to create something that will eventually die due to exactly a same DHT.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
This - it took 20 years for my original hair to thin out, and that was during peak puberty when the follicles were drowning in DHT. For anyone over 25, de novo hair should easily last the rest of your life as long as you’re on an anti-andro, and even if you aren’t, you simply top up every decade or so.
With all due respect, I believe you are way off. The new hairs will need to treated on a regular basis in order to be sustained.. just like your finasteride hairs that come back to life. Once you stop the finasteride, within two years you are back to square one if not sooner

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgive me if this view sounds simplistic, but the idea of wounding doesn’t at all sound like an eloquent solution, it almost sounds like something we would have discovered by accident long ago if it was a viable solution. What exactly is follica proposing? Is it simply just a sounding technique, or is there medication that enhances the bodies regenerative abilities?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did all your hair fall out on the same day, or did it take years to move from NW0 to whatever Norwood you are? The claim is that by the time your hair begins to look cosmetically thin, you’ve already lost 50% of your hair; any new hair is going to stick around for years before it falls out again, at which point you have the treatment repeated. Or, you can simply get on one of the current or coming anti-andros and keep it for a decade or more, at which point there will be new, better treatments.

Follica is Bridge technology that will get us from where we are - using 20-year old protocols - to new, 21st century interventions.

This is something that is highly variable depending on the individual. No bullshit: I'd probably be closing in on NW4 if I had got on the meds some two and a half years ago. My driver's license photo from 2015: I was still a fullhead. By June 2016, the hairline was receeded back to somewhere over NW2, but not as bad as NW3 and a lot of diffuse. It took over a year and a half of steady treatment for me to get most of that density back.

Most people on the finasteride and minoxidil don't see those kind of results, as I understand it. So I count myself very lucky in that regard. Point is though: I think that if I'd waited two years more, I'd be a discernably "bald" guy by now.

For most people it takes a long-*** time, but some of us get hit with it hard and fast...but even then, the de novo hair would likely last at least a few years before noticeable thinning begins.

Forgive me if this view sounds simplistic, but the idea of wounding doesn’t at all sound like an eloquent solution, it almost sounds like something we would have discovered by accident long ago if it was a viable solution. What exactly is follica proposing? Is it simply just a sounding technique, or is there medication that enhances the bodies regenerative abilities?

We did discover it by accident, decades ago.

But it was through burns, and to quote the paper: "It's difficult to imagine how this method could be turned into a viable treatment."

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was it velus or terminal hair? Could you please refer me to it?

I do recall one study regarding vellous hair growth with combination of wounding and retinoic acid, however that only resulted in vellus HF.