Prolactin "minitherapy" with SMI-1 (novel protocol for lowering prolactin locally)

Jackshtbro

My Regimen
Reaction score

Results indicated SMI 1 and 6 had minimal toxicity, ensuring both molecules' capabilities to be therapeutic agents.
"The potential cytotoxicity of the SMIs was tested by the lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) cytotoxicity assay. As shown in Figure 6A, SMI-6 showed no toxicity in MDA-MB-468 cells at all tested doses, while SMI-1 had modest toxicity at 10 μM. To examine for acute in vivo toxicity, female mice were treated with single ip injections of SMI-6 at 0, 12.5, 25, or 50 mg/kg"

This was posted, no idea what study it's from

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IDK anything about this, but it's possible that "modest cytotoxicity" of 10 μM is something that's negligible, of course it could also mean that it shouldn't be used under any circumstances, IDK, but I guess that it's moot since we can just use SMI-6.

Is there a difference in binding affinity between SMI 6 and 1?

uzzzzzzzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will AR monoclonal antibody work? Jsut like Bayer's PRLR monoclonal antibody.

THere are many AR monoclonal antibody we could buy.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's been so much trolling lately that I have to ask, is this legit?

Results indicated SMI 1 and 6 had minimal toxicity, ensuring both molecules' capabilities to be therapeutic agents.
Here you are champs this was from their follow up study:
Screenshot_2021-08-23-18-19-57-843_com.adobe.reader.jpg

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will AR monoclonal antibody work? Jsut like Bayer's PRLR monoclonal antibody.

THere are many AR monoclonal antibody we could buy.
I suppose it could, but it wouldn't give you regrowth (or not much), whereas blocking the PRLR SHOULD, if the monkey results translate. Furthermore, what would the sides be? If some ppl get gyno and impotence from finasteride, what would the rate of sides be if you blocked every AR in your body (assuming it would also be administered non-locally).

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suppose it could, but it wouldn't give you regrowth (or not much), whereas blocking the PRLR SHOULD, if the monkey results translate. Furthermore, what would the sides be? If some ppl get gyno and impotence from finasteride, what would the rate of sides be if you blocked every AR in your body (assuming it would also be administered non-locally).
they did Phase I study of HMI-115 in human.
No side effects reported so it is free of sides

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's talking about the AR antibody

Blocking all AR's in your body would be really bad for you. Finasteride is ok because it doesn't block AR's, it simply prevents 5-ar enzyme from converting T to DHT.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought there was no info published on phase I. Are you just assuming there were no sides because they moved ahead with phase II or was some info actually put out?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I have a high level of prolactin in blood test, like a lot of balding men . i know hair follicles directly produce prolactin (and other hormones of course) but i think reducing systemic prolactin levels is important too.

ergot derivatives like cabergoline can do this very effectively, but in my opinion it's not good long term for the brain and for the dopamine system.

reducing orgasms could be beneficial, we know it increases prolactin secretion.

zinc is also a good supplement to reduce prolactin secretion:

Of course supplemeting zinc will not stop male pattern baldness, but it's probably good to add it to any SMI protocol

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It only inhibits prolactin from the pituitary gland and has no effect on hair.
not only
causes hair loss, like all dopaminergics

this smi-6 uses a diff path tho, its fascinating

sicco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I really don’t want to get dragged down into the weird drama of this forum but I am fascinated by this drug and would like to participate in the discord/group buy. Could someone DM me the discord link? Seems like that’s where all the good stuff is happening. Thank you!

Blisty

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello

The same as Sicco, I would like to join the discord and participate in the next group buy. Can a member of the discord send me an invitation message? Thank you very much.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see a lot of people participating in these group buys and after digging a bit into the science of it especially the paper published on the stump tailed monkeys that are a good animal model for androgenic alopecia i can understand the temptation at least some of it. however, prolactin and its effect on hair has been studied before has it not? there are no major publications that remotely indicate that it could have such potential. for every compaound ever trialed, i can understand the pathway and how exactly it might be involved in the pathology of AA. however, with this antibody, i get it the monkey have AA too but still... what is the theory behind this? how does it fit into the conventinally believed model of AA? I am sure someone has thrown in some idea in those 33 pages of thread but i can not read through that. I read quite some papers and some have found a suppression of anagen phase but only when prolactin in very high levels was used. which means that for a normal ranged guy, suppressing any signaling even further, how much is that going to profit them? no research on that at all.

I really hope, hopemed is going to trial this drug for AA. so far, they have only announced a trial for the other condition and i am afraid, it could go down like it did with companies of the likes of beloved cassiopea who took a literal decade to achieve a literal pile of nothing and they decided acne was their place to be and so totally neglected AA. I have a feeling this could be very similar with hopemed. what are the similarities? the vagina disease hopemed is trying to cure would also be covered by insurance, very convenient when you have an anti body that would probably cost thosuands of dollars in a prescription. for cassipea, this horse was acne. but we will see, hopefully very soon too

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see a lot of people participating in these group buys and after digging a bit into the science of it especially the paper published on the stump tailed monkeys that are a good animal model for androgenic alopecia i can understand the temptation at least some of it. however, prolactin and its effect on hair has been studied before has it not? there are no major publications that remotely indicate that it could have such potential. for every compaound ever trialed, i can understand the pathway and how exactly it might be involved in the pathology of AA. however, with this antibody, i get it the monkey have AA too but still... what is the theory behind this? how does it fit into the conventinally believed model of AA? I am sure someone has thrown in some idea in those 33 pages of thread but i can not read through that. I read quite some papers and some have found a suppression of anagen phase but only when prolactin in very high levels was used. which means that for a normal ranged guy, suppressing any signaling even further, how much is that going to profit them? no research on that at all.

I really hope, hopemed is going to trial this drug for AA. so far, they have only announced a trial for the other condition and i am afraid, it could go down like it did with companies of the likes of beloved cassiopea who took a literal decade to achieve a literal pile of nothing and they decided acne was their place to be and so totally neglected AA. I have a feeling this could be very similar with hopemed. what are the similarities? the vagina disease hopemed is trying to cure would also be covered by insurance, very convenient when you have an anti body that would probably cost thosuands of dollars in a prescription. for cassipea, this horse was acne. but we will see, hopefully very soon too
How do you know the Phase II Trial of Hope med. planned For Q4 this year in US isnt the AA Trial?