Prolactin "minitherapy" with SMI-1 (novel protocol for lowering prolactin locally)

fearofthereaper

My Regimen
Reaction score
Without knowing much about the science of the treatment at all, I would suspect it would depend on when you lost that hair. Follicles don't die right away even if they aren't producing healthy hair but eventually they do fall victim to fibrosis and can't be brought back.
@InBeforeTheCure had speculated that only very few follicles actually get destroyed by fibrosis after a veeery long time. I could be wrong though.

fearofthereaper

My Regimen
Reaction score
So do you think that most of the follicles can be reactivated and in the worst case a small transplant can get the job done?
It's what I place my bets on from what I've read on here. It showed a damn good result in the monkeys. Also, say if the follicles are really gone, you could start microneedling + minoxidil, get a ton of vellus hair and punch em up with BAY.
Don't take my word for it though.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The follicles are usually intact for decades with varying degrees of perifollicular fibrosis. The more there is the harder it is to regrow the hair. With minoxidil the point of no return seems to be around 3-5 years. It's anybody's guess what it is with this compound. It's probably 10+ years based on how well the aged macaques responded. It's usually decades before follicles are destroyed in Androgenetic Alopecia, so if this really restores stem cell proliferation back to normal, the potential is unbelievable.
Pegasus, youre just teasing us at this point. Peddling more than 5g of hopium is illegal sir.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
@InBeforeTheCure had speculated that only very few follicles actually get destroyed by fibrosis after a veeery long time. I could be wrong though.
I mean if you look at people who do HRT and get their hair back, usually the temples or earliest thin spots don't come back.
The follicles are usually intact for decades with varying degrees of perifollicular fibrosis. The more there is the harder it is to regrow the hair. With minoxidil the point of no return seems to be around 3-5 years. It's anybody's guess what it is with this compound. It's probably 10+ years based on how well the aged macaques responded. It's usually decades before follicles are destroyed in Androgenetic Alopecia, so if this really restores stem cell proliferation back to normal, the potential is unbelievable.
So then, I saw a chat the other day on "HairClone", a UK company that is looking to "bank" donor hair and cultivate DP stem cells for injection back into the scalp. They think this can save existing hair by supplementing DP cells but not anything miniaturized past a certain point. If stem cell proliferation was all it took to revive these follicles, wouldn't this procedure also revive hair in bald areas? What's the additional mechanism?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The follicles are usually intact for decades with varying degrees of perifollicular fibrosis. The more there is the harder it is to regrow the hair. With minoxidil the point of no return seems to be around 3-5 years. It's anybody's guess what it is with this compound. It's probably 10+ years based on how well the aged macaques responded. I started thinning around 10 years ago, so I would really like to get this SOON before I'm past the point of no return.

How would we even go about getting a mab treatment even when it's released? Every single one that exists is absurdly expensive.

It's small molecules and peptides for the foreseeable future

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
How would we even go about getting a mab treatment even when it's released? Every single one that exists is absurdly expensive.

It's small molecules and peptides for the foreseeable future
They're being used all over. Cancers, muscular dystrophy, ALS, Huntington's, etc etc etc. It's a novel treatment frontier that allows payloads ot hit incredibly small/accurate delivery points that were previously undruggable. As they being more widely available commercially the price will drop.

That's probably why it's so effective for hairloss, very easy to target the follicle while also avoiding systematic exposure.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're being used all over. Cancers, muscular dystrophy, ALS, Huntington's, etc etc etc. It's a novel treatment frontier that allows payloads ot hit incredibly small/accurate delivery points that were previously undruggable. As they being more widely available commercially the price will drop.

That's probably why it's so effective for hairloss, very easy to target the follicle while also avoiding systematic exposure.
Yeah I get how and why they work, my question is what incentive is there for one that addresses hair loss to be released at a reasonable price?

The ones used to treat cancer, MS, macular degeneration etc are among the most expensive drugs in existence, to the point that only insurance will be able cover them.

I'm sure Bayer is aware no insurance policy covers male pattern baldness so they'll have to charge whatever they can actually get away with?

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
who would have thought corona is only the second most important export from wuhan in the last 2 years

anyways, I would not be getting my hopes up too much just yet

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On second thought, with regards to mechanics, something along the lines of what pegasus said might be right.

Both DHT and PRL are necessary, but not sufficient individually for balding.

In the absence of DHT, balding stops, but doesn't reverse (We know this from castratos, right?) and in the absence of PRL, balding reverses and presumably doesn't continue.

It occurs to me there should be a ton of studies where people have put balding follicles in vitro and exposed them to DHT. Would that be an environment with DHT and no PRL? I think I remember reading follicles produce their own PRL, so if so no.

But, there might be studies where people have harvested balding follicles and then NOT exposed them to DHT (as a control group to DHT-exposed ones), maybe that would tell us what happens in an environment where PRL is present and DHT is not. I mean we already know in general terms from castrato studies, but perhaps this could tell us what happen in terms of mechanics.

You gotta figure Bayer have done some kind of investigation of this sort
Imagine curing baldness and realizing we're still miserable :D
I'll see you on the next forum.

FluxZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if topical B6 or topical vitex (agnus castus) could work on lowering prolactin in scalp tissue. Seems they work on serum levels.

Maybe Zix, is working for someone due to this, beyond 5ar inhibition.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone who's been active on the discord server update us on what's gone on with the effort to get these things?

Where could we get our hands on BAY and/or SMIs and at what price? Has an order been made already?

LongTrust

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone who's been active on the discord server update us on what's gone on with the effort to get these things?

Where could we get our hands on BAY and/or SMIs and at what price? Has an order been made already?
You can get your hands of SMI through the discord group at around 95usd per gram. If you're interested/decided act quick as we're in the mid-late stage of the group buy process

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get your hands of SMI through the discord group at around 95usd per gram. If you're interested/decided act quick as we're in the mid-late stage of the group buy process
What is the dosage requirements? This is supposed to be done on a targeted spot by spot basis for 30 day intervals? What would a gram get you in terms of days/dose?