Prolactin "minitherapy" with SMI-1 (novel protocol for lowering prolactin locally)

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I instincutally know this is my issue; I will share PRL results from last lab next monday. I also googled how chronic stress and prolactin go hand in hand.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21621331/

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ogi/2018/9253083/

This is what me, mom and 3 sisters suffer from.... lets just say there was lot of abuse from a certain POS we wont name.......

We all have perfect hair lines, all diffuse thinning; those who got the worst of the stress have the worst diffusion. Still to this day live with PTSD that only resovles when I am far away from the source of the stress. Whenever I go on vacation or the time I moved to a new city; I noticed my body composition changed and I felt much more euphoric and didnt know why; packed on a ton of muscle so easy as well.... unfotunately I had to move back to stressville; thankfully I will be leaving again within the next few months to a whole new country! *Blessed*

Damn Im connecting a lot of dots.... yall doing more than hairloss work here... thanks guys....

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't lowering prolactin systemically make your libido skyrocket? So basically side effects, if any, could be favorable?
1614491095429.png

the side effects looks pretty shitty idk

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah.. that’s why we want to do the minitherapy. We don’t want to nuke our prolactin systemically :)

View attachment 158031

the side effects looks pretty shitty idk

Hey just want to clarify that:

You listed above side effects of HYPOPROLACTINEMIA (erectile dysfunction, low libido) - you will get this with a HIGH PROLACTIN LEVEL

@FollicleGuardian @pegasus2 : Isn‘t the strategy of Bayer/HopeMedicine to get a LOW PROLACTIN LEVEL?! So the side effects should be high Libido for example.

Here are many different opinions written about the side effects which are at some point speculation.
BUT we should at least know, if BAY-113 will archieve a HIGH or a LOW Prolactin Level?!

inmyhead

Reaction score
As far as I understand you won't need to take this long term, the study from Bayer with the macaques showed prolonged results years after stopping treatment:

So let's hope prolactin levels return to normal when you stop the treatment. But of course we're talking about a different compound than the Bayer one here...
I think pegasus had good theory that it just completely heals hair/skin so that it will take quite a while for results to diminish. Just like when male pattern baldness can last 5-15 years before you go to NW5-NW7

binuga

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello people!
a curiosity..
When is this mini-therapy scheduled to launch?
Just for curiosity. Haha

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey just want to clarify that:

You listed above side effects of HYPOPROLACTINEMIA (erectile dysfunction, low libido) - you will get this with a HIGH PROLACTIN LEVEL

@FollicleGuardian @pegasus2 : Isn‘t the strategy of Bayer/HopeMedicine to get a LOW PROLACTIN LEVEL?! So the side effects should be high Libido for example.

Here are many different opinions written about the side effects which are at some point speculation.
BUT we should at least know, if BAY-113 will archieve a HIGH or a LOW Prolactin Level?!
I'm not sure I understand what you mean

Hypo = deficiency in the levels

Hyper = excess

I just pulled the information on hypoprolactinemia off the wikipedia page so obviously im not some authority on the matter.

Both of these seem to have shitty side effects - my impression was that the serum effects are quite important for bodily function regardless if they are raised or lowered; hence, we must focus keeping effects as localized as possible.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand what you mean

Hypo = deficiency in the levels

Hyper = excess

I just pulled the information on hypoprolactinemia off the wikipedia page so obviously im not some authority on the matter.

Both of these seem to have shitty side effects - my impression was that the serum effects are quite important for bodily function regardless if they are raised or lowered; hence, we must focus keeping effects as localized as possible.

I am sorry, very confused about Bayers technology.
I read now that they want to higher the prolactin level in the patients so that would lead maybe to erectile dysfunction or libido loss.

This technology of Follicleguardian should lower prolactin level so this would be better I think.

Very confused, hopefully HopeMedicine will clarify that

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read now that they want to higher the prolactin level in the patients so that would lead maybe to erectile dysfunction or libido loss.

This technology of Follicleguardian should lower prolactin level so this would be better I think.

Why would Bayer try to higher the prolactin level? As far as I understood they try to shut down the prolactin in the hair follicle completely?

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah you seem very confused lmao. Bayer try to decrease the prolactin receptors activity, like the small molecule FollicleGuardian found. It's not about prolactin level by itself, but the activity of these PRL-receptors.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The candidate binds non-competitively to prolactin receptors and prevents undesirable side effects such as the inhibition of hair growth in the event of locally increased levels of the endogenous hormone prolactin. A second indication, and the one first pursued by Bayer, is endometriosis, a disease of the uterine lining, for which a locally increased prolactin level could also be relevant. Hope Medicine could also pursue this indication further. Incidentally, two phase I studies with BAY 1158061 still carried out by Bayer demonstrated its good tolerability in humans.

The surprising hair growth caused by treatment with the active ingredient was observed in preclinical experiments with mice: in animals with artificially increased prolactin levels, shaved areas grew closed again within two weeks. In the control animals, fur growth was only rudimentary to be seen there. Later, the effect was impressively confirmed in the best model of human androgenetic alopecia:

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The candidate binds non-competitively to prolactin receptors and prevents undesirable side effects such as the inhibition of hair growth in the event of locally increased levels of the endogenous hormone prolactin. A second indication, and the one first pursued by Bayer, is endometriosis, a disease of the uterine lining, for which a locally increased prolactin level could also be relevant. Hope Medicine could also pursue this indication further. Incidentally, two phase I studies with BAY 1158061 still carried out by Bayer demonstrated its good tolerability in humans.

The surprising hair growth caused by treatment with the active ingredient was observed in preclinical experiments with mice: in animals with artificially increased prolactin levels, shaved areas grew closed again within two weeks. In the control animals, fur growth was only rudimentary to be seen there. Later, the effect was impressively confirmed in the best model of human androgenetic alopecia:

Local increase of prolactin can be a "side-effect" of the bind of BAY on PRLR. As receptors are "filled", then there's probably an accumulation of PRL locally I guess. But modulation of PRL level itself isn't the goal, we talk about inhibition of receptors.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
BAY doesn't prevent PRL from binding to the receptor. It increases prolactin levels by inhibiting negative feedback mechanisms which limit prolactin production

Yes that’s the problem... so that would lead to libido loss and erectile dysfunction:(

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I could tolerate low libido for the gainz if it didn't accompany side effects like poor cognitive function, low energy, or femininization, but usually these things go hand-in-hand, and that's the dealbreaker for me with the most popular treatments.