Post Finasteride Syndrome Sufferer. Contemplating Suicide.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest I am one of those who stopped for a while (I thought I did not need it anymore after a hair transplant) and the minor inconveniences (sexual function related) totally disappeared in a few weeks.

Sorry this is happening to you.

However I would not say this is a toxic drug as it has helped millions of men with the plague of BPH (including members of my family). Then it started being used for "vanity" and of course it became unacceptable and dangerous and the devil.

It may be that balding men are different from other men in more ways than just their baldness. As such, you get more side effects on finasteride if you're balding early in life than if you're part of the main population.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
MikeW,

I have an intermittent fasting thread here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/the-science-of-intermittent-fasting.98461/

The longest fast I've done is 7 days. We can discuss it further if you want. I'd like to try a longer one but it's hard to schedule.

he needs to research all of it. not just fasting. he only took it for a month so he may be able to get back to normal with a short fast and healthy eating. but why risk it. why waste time. just do the whole protocol for 6 months and see where you are. I don't think you need to do long water fasts. that sh*t is hardcore.

im pretty sure he recommends doing a juice fast for two weeks. that should be enough to cleanse your gut and begin your new diet.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
he needs to research all of it. not just fasting. he only took it for a month so he may be able to get back to normal with a short fast and healthy eating. but why risk it. why waste time. just do the whole protocol for 6 months and see where you are. I don't think you need to do long water fasts. that sh*t is hardcore.

im pretty sure he recommends doing a juice fast for two weeks. that should be enough to cleanse your gut and begin your new diet.

I would rank the longer-term water fasts as less hardcore than the steroids, but that reflects my level of knowledge. I know a lot of people who have and are fasting for 14 days or longer, so it's mundane to me. I know it's safe and I know how to do it.

I spent a bit of time on swole source. The water-only fast is recommended for people with more severe symptoms. Bear in mind this isn't an exact science.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would rank the longer-term water fasts as less hardcore than the steroids, but that reflects my level of knowledge. I know a lot of people who have and are fasting for 14 days or longer, so it's mundane to me. I know it's safe and I know how to do it.

I spent a bit of time on swole source. The water-only fast is recommended for people with more severe symptoms. Bear in mind this isn't an exact science.

yeah I agree about the steroids. I don't know much about them either. I think they come at the end of doing all this if you really need it. but it seems to a bit pointless for him to put himself through a two week water fast if he doesn't necessarily have to. he was only on it for a month. but I haven't spent that much time on swolesource so you probably know more than me.

but that's why I told him to research it all properly. and come up with a plan. don't just blindly do some juice/water fast without knowing what your next steps are. its pointless, a waste of time.

if he is really fucked up he'll need to do all the other things too afterwards. ive read countless of guys doing these water fasts that get better only to feel sh*t again after going back to their normal lifestyle.

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow intense sides indeed. However, thse dramatic differences in side effects can happen with any drug. finasteride has its place in the hair loss market. Get use too it.

Foxi

Established Member
Reaction score
My Live is also Destroyed seven Years after Quiting this drug!
Penis shrink,No Libido ,Damaged my Face,My Body,My Gut-Abdomen
i have lost my Job,My Friends,My Family................

my Urologist says i should take 25mg Clomifen 2x25mg in the week 4 Months

but i think it helps nothing

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You've confused correlation for causation. What cycle was the moon in when you got these symptoms? You wouldn't blame them on the cycle of the moon, would you? Then why would you blame it on another thing - Finasteride - that you also coincidently began on that day?

Have you gone to a psychiatrist? Because it's pretty clear you're suffering from depression; all of your symptoms are those of clinical depression, including your ED.

You don't have PFD, you are depressed - see a psychiatrist.

A psychotic post.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most likely hes suffering from pfs crash. Its literally not even been six months thou, op needs to wait itnout and see if he gets better.

Its not bro science, thats the best advice you can give someone is the only protocol that helped a lot of people suffereing from finasteride sides after they stop.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you a doctor. Bro science is saying that its pure correlation. No its not, its either a coincidence or a proven side effect. This is not new, finasteride causes sides.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess you never made it through grade school science class? That you aren't familiar with the scientific method,

I have a PhD. I've written multiple well-cited papers. I get invited to present review lectures at international conferences. I'm employed as a researcher by one of the top ten universities in the world.

How about yourself?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you a doctor. Bro science is saying that its pure correlation. No its not, its either a coincidence or a proven side effect. This is not new, finasteride causes sides.

Yes.

If MikeW was the first person to ever post this story I would dismiss it. However, we've now seen it dozens to hundreds of times on this site, and there are thousands of cases on the internet. It's a clear pattern even if not a well understood one.

Notice that we get lots and lots of stories of post-finasteride syndrome, but we never ever hear about post-minoxidil syndrome. Same group of people, different drug, different side effects. That means it's the drug responsible for the side effects. I've also never heard of anybody getting these effects from nizoral, laser comb, biotin, etc as you would expect from the placebo hypothesis. They only happen to finasteride users.

Given that there's very little research invested into PFS, it's understandable that there's no convincing theoretical understanding.

Given that it's something doctors don't research, alternative medicine is the only option other than the passage of time and hoping for the best. The CDnuts protocol has one thing and only one thing going for it: it actually does help some people.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My Live is also Destroyed seven Years after Quiting this drug!
Penis shrink,No Libido ,Damaged my Face,My Body,My Gut-Abdomen
i have lost my Job,My Friends,My Family................

my Urologist says i should take 25mg Clomifen 2x25mg in the week 4 Months

but i think it helps nothing
for how long u took it?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't believe a word you've written. Not one.

Now, care to respond to the rest of my post, or are you simply going to call me more names?

That's cute, but I'm a long-standing poster here and a few people know me.

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
Stop the arguing guys, he needs serious help and you have hijacked his thread.

To the OP. Try out some l-tyrosine/caffiene/L-theanine in a combo and report back. Sounds very much like dopamine depletion. Something I have suffered from years ago.

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've confused correlation for causation. What cycle was the moon in when you got these symptoms? You wouldn't blame them on the cycle of the moon, would you? Then why would you blame it on another thing - Finasteride - that you also coincidently began on that day?

Have you gone to a psychiatrist? Because it's pretty clear you're suffering from depression; all of your symptoms are those of clinical depression, including your ED.

You don't have PFD, you are depressed - see a psychiatrist.

You are a complete f*****g idiot.

Do you know what Post Finasteride Syndrome is? Do you know how it inhibits several neurosteroids in the brain such as Allopregnanolone and THDOC and Dihydroprogesterone?

Do you know there are thousands of men suffering from severe persistent side effects that have not resolved from stopping the drug?

Are you aware of the published literature that proves Finasteride alters brain chemistry? Are you aware of the PFS studies that were done at two US universities that showed just how dangerous this drug is?

Do you know this drug can cause a complete HPTA axis shutdown down?

No you don't, because you are an uneducated moron who blindly takes Finasteride because it can help keep some hair on the top of your f*****g head not realizing you are poisoning your body in the process.

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fasting is the best advice? Says what study?

Classic fake new bro science. The guy is clinically depressed and claims to be suicidal - he needs a shrink. And for that matter, so do a lot of people in this thread.

I was not having random thoughts of suicide before I started taking this toxic crap you ignorant f***.