Possible Early Signs Of Temple Regrowth (pics)

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I began Finasteride just 5 weeks ago. And I'm only 3 weeks into minoxidil and nizoral shampoo usage. I would say I've derma-rolled probably a total of 4 times thus far.

Not trying to get all psyched over nothing, as this is mostly only visible on camera, but those dark dots everywhere... Does this not postulate reawakened hair follicles? I'm talking about the ones in the dead middle of the bald area, not near the hairline.

My temples have been slick bald for years, parts of them even over a decade. What do you think?

P.S.
Sorry if I spammed too many similar photos.
I wanted to show both temples, both temples zoomed, and also there are some differences in terms of flash and hair being minoxidil oiled and dry. There's some crown in there too. Unfortunately none of this is really "before" pictures.

Attachments

• Left side dry.png
    Left side dry.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,760
  • Left side dry zoom.png
    Left side dry zoom.png
    563.4 KB · Views: 1,582
  • Left side zoom.png
    Left side zoom.png
    645.5 KB · Views: 1,615
  • right side zoom.png
    right side zoom.png
    657.8 KB · Views: 1,498
  • right side.png
    right side.png
    885.9 KB · Views: 1,531
  • left side.png
    left side.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,608
  • Front.png
    Front.png
    605.1 KB · Views: 1,667
  • Crown no flash.png
    Crown no flash.png
    934.2 KB · Views: 1,544
  • Crown flash.png
    Crown flash.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,911
  • Crown finasteride wet.png
    Crown finasteride wet.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,665

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this not postulate reawakened hair follicles?

Possibly. Try to stick to your current regimen consistently and reassess in three months. Good luck.

P.S. You’re a similar age and have a similar hair loss pattern to me, albeit yours is more advanced. How much masturbation have you done in your life and what’s your sex life like? Sorry for my impertinence it’s just this question has reared its head again and I’m trying to establish some anecdotal evidence.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few update pics after just a couple days. Looks like some of those dots now have length.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180714-203725.png
    Screenshot_20180714-203725.png
    694.5 KB · Views: 957
  • Screenshot_20180714-203744.png
    Screenshot_20180714-203744.png
    735.6 KB · Views: 852
  • Screenshot_20180714-204140.png
    Screenshot_20180714-204140.png
    541.1 KB · Views: 821
  • Screenshot_20180714-204219.png
    Screenshot_20180714-204219.png
    449.8 KB · Views: 803
  • Screenshot_20180714-204244.png
    Screenshot_20180714-204244.png
    554.3 KB · Views: 834

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes thats how my temple regrowth started
Thanks for replying.

1. What did you do to cause your temples to regenerate?
2. About how long did it take before the hairs became terminal and did you recover full density and volume?

Last edited:

Furhead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, that's definitely regrowth. The thing now is to keep doing what you're doing and not let DHT buildup in those follicles. I have noticed the same thing with these small black dots around where my hairline used to be, some have even grown hairs like in your case. Keep at it and the key will be to nourish them and hope for the best, that they come out thick and healthy eventually.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, that's definitely regrowth. The thing now is to keep doing what you're doing and not let DHT buildup in those follicles. I have noticed the same thing with these small black dots around where my hairline used to be, some have even grown hairs like in your case. Keep at it and the key will be to nourish them and hope for the best, that they come out thick and healthy eventually.
Awesome. How much visually apreciatiable hair have you regrown?

Furhead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Um, I would probably say around a half an inch or so. I have noticed vellus hairs and more pronounced hairs in the area of recession, the crown has thickened considerably. Looking at your photos, in the third photo of your left side, you even have hairs started to grow very far lower from your current hairline. Keep at it and you should have that whole area full of hair soon. I would say that you're definitely on your way to regrowing that whole area, judging by the dots and your hairs sprouting.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Um, I would probably say around a half an inch or so. I have noticed vellus hairs and more pronounced hairs in the area of recession, the crown has thickened considerably. Looking at your photos, in the third photo of your left side, you even have hairs started to grow very far lower from your current hairline. Keep at it and you should have that whole area full of hair soon. I would say that you're definitely on your way to regrowing that whole area, judging by the dots and your hairs sprouting.

Thanks. That would be insane after being dealt this hand through most of my adult life. I need to start figuring out how to derma roll my thinning areas too.

How much time did it take you? You think 3-6 months for terminal? A year?

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's my update. I'm really anxious to see if these things go terminal, because they seem to be slowly improving. I can *barely* see some of them with the naked eye if I get really close to a mirror.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    980.8 KB · Views: 770
  • 1-2.png
    1-2.png
    625.2 KB · Views: 704
  • 2.png
    2.png
    944.7 KB · Views: 718
  • 2-2.png
    2-2.png
    736.3 KB · Views: 697
  • 3.png
    3.png
    724.1 KB · Views: 739
  • 3-3.png
    3-3.png
    324.9 KB · Views: 690
  • 3-4.png
    3-4.png
    651.3 KB · Views: 655
  • 4.png
    4.png
    779.2 KB · Views: 672
  • Screenshot_20180722-231025.png
    Screenshot_20180722-231025.png
    993.5 KB · Views: 610
  • Screenshot_20180722-231041.png
    Screenshot_20180722-231041.png
    798.7 KB · Views: 567
  • Screenshot_20180722-231052.png
    Screenshot_20180722-231052.png
    602.2 KB · Views: 638

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's my update. I'm really anxious to see if these things go terminal, because they seem to be slowly improving. I can *barely* see some of them with the naked eye if I get really close to a mirror.
Too soon to tell really bro, when minoxidil was working for me I started seeing regrowth about almost 2 months in

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is my three month update. Dermal roller seems to have gone dull. I recently got a stamp Ive used only a couple times. More impressed with the "damage" I've done immediately following my sessions. These hairs are still vellus, but theyre visible to the naked eye, if you're really looking for them.

I'm really excited for the future, but I have no idea how long itll be before these go terminal IF they do. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• Left Anterior.png
    Left Anterior.png
    735.6 KB · Views: 664
  • Left peripheral.png
    Left peripheral.png
    581.4 KB · Views: 674
  • Right anterior.png
    Right anterior.png
    824.4 KB · Views: 628
  • Right peripheral.png
    Right peripheral.png
    377 KB · Views: 643

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is my three month update. Dermal roller seems to have gone dull. I recently got a stamp Ive used only a couple times. More impressed with the "damage" I've done immediately following my sessions. These hairs are still vellus, but theyre visible to the naked eye, if you're really looking for them.

I'm really excited for the future, but I have no idea how long itll be before these go terminal IF they do. Fingers crossed.
Looks good. Hopefully they become terminal in the future.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice, you did that only with minoxidil and the shampoo?

Current regimen is as follows:

Finasteride generic 1mg once daily
Rogaine foam. twice daily (I use more than the half cap. I do what I believe gives me full norwood zone coverage even where I have hair)
Nizoral 1% shampoo 3X a week
Micro needling 1.5mm derma stamping twice a week. I make sure I dab my skin till I see tiny blood droplets now. The pictures were just results from a dull roller but it was a LOT of work. and not satisfactory except on the temples.

Last edited:

twoodMM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really glad for you, I dont know much about it since I just started to go through the phase of balding but this looks amazing. And its awesome to see that you keep other up to date, it's helpful to see what improvements some people went through.
Crossing my fingers for you!

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really glad for you, I dont know much about it since I just started to go through the phase of balding but this looks amazing. And its awesome to see that you keep other up to date, it's helpful to see what improvements some people went through.
Crossing my fingers for you!

Thanks. I had the same sentiment for other peoples' threads in the success section. Unfortunately the pictures are taken with flash and theyre focused on the spots, but that hair is definitely new. If it goes terminal then I mean... that's a salvaged hairline.