Possible Early Signs Of Temple Regrowth (pics)

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been a while... thought Id update..

Same regimen aa before except I stopped derma rolling in february... may start up again later...

Attachments

• 20190409_115631.jpg
    20190409_115631.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 621
  • 20190409_115539.jpg
    20190409_115539.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 605
  • 20190409_125224.jpg
    20190409_125224.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 597
  • 20190409_125451.jpg
    20190409_125451.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 601
  • 20190409_125530.jpg
    20190409_125530.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 635

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Coming up on two years:

Everything I'm posting here is the same day or within a week or the same day... Too late (5:49 AM) and too lazy to carefully select what gets uploaded.

Some of it is wet, some of it is dry, some pulled back, most are shot with flash, because flash really exposes weaknesses etc. Just trying to show what it looks like in practice and where its deficient. I believe the hairs are thickening slowly each cycle. So however long it takes for a newly generated/recovered hair to fall out and regrow, thats when I *believe* the gains are being realized.

I had stopped derma stamping entirely a year ago because I was knocked off track by life, but I just ordered a new derma pen and will see if I can recover ground in some areas where I think density as opposed to just hair volume is lacking—and I will try to force my hairline to regain more ground as well. I was a bit lazy on the lower hairline before because I was stamping my entire scalp and it hurt there especially.

Attachments

• Nice pulled 2.png
    Nice pulled 2.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 453
  • Dryside.png
    Dryside.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 446
  • ef.jpg
    ef.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 426
  • left side .png
    left side .png
    93.7 KB · Views: 437
  • Nice pulled 2.png
    Nice pulled 2.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 420
  • nice pulled.png
    nice pulled.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 421
  • Nice2.png
    Nice2.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 421
  • Nice3.png
    Nice3.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 406
  • Nice4.png
    Nice4.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 395
  • niceL.png
    niceL.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 382
  • Nicex.png
    Nicex.png
    67 KB · Views: 385
  • sideded.png
    sideded.png
    46 KB · Views: 378
  • side straight close.png
    side straight close.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 374
  • side close.png
    side close.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 366
  • Pulledcont.png
    Pulledcont.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 371
  • overhead side.png
    overhead side.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 365
  • zoomed side.png
    zoomed side.png
    96 KB · Views: 374
  • Untitlewedfefed.png
    Untitlewedfefed.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 376
  • Pulledcont.png
    Pulledcont.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 370
  • wettish.png
    wettish.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 353
  • zoomed side.png
    zoomed side.png
    96 KB · Views: 363
  • Untiefetled.png
    Untiefetled.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 369
  • sidewet.png
    sidewet.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 395
  • anterior.png
    anterior.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 451

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last one was just for fun. Woke up like that thanks to Rona not allowing me to see a barber. I couldn't get it like that again if I tried.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 413
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 392
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 385
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 401
  • Windblown.png
    Windblown.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 385
  • Spikey.png
    Spikey.png
    205.5 KB · Views: 381

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So when’s the last time you micro needled ?

It's been over a year. I outlined my methods earlier in this thread, but from memory I used to do it like twice a week and then weekly. I think I'll just do it bi-weekly for the most part this time. I definitely draw blood though. I dab the pen over and over until the area is bloody. Side note: I burn through a 3 month supply of rogain foam in closer to 1 month. But this is due to putting it *everywhere* of concern, not just the crown, and doing so liberally.

The annoying thing is some areas of the head are worse than others due to angles and sensitivity. It's also pretty discouraging for people to stick with it, I believe, because you don't see any kind of appreciable results for a long time. I was gaslighting myself a lot too, but I simply made it about the commitment in the heart of a mad scientist.

So there's no question to me that the four-headed attack has worked for me... It's just to what degree can I restore my hair now? I believe once again, that each time a newly generated hair goes through a full telegen-anagen cycle, it returns ever so subtly denser. I have no idea how many years of this rinse, later, repeat is necessary for it to become truly dense, if ever. Looking at my crown I believe those hairs qualify as barely terminal. Some of the hairs bordering the crown that I never lost aren't as thick as I'd like. I have to believe theyre also getting denser over time. I just dont know the limits... Originally I wondered if it would be comparable to the rate at which a new born baby's hair develops, but two years in, it hasn't been able to keep up with that idea.

The biggest inquiry is the temple regrowth.. were those particular hairs ever truly dead? The area appeared to be slick-bald, but I dont think so for long. If I can recover areas of my temple this time that have been gone for say, a decade, that would be final confirmation.

Last edited:

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stick with it and don't be discouraged when sheds happen. I believe theyre signs of density to come.

I did stick with it and I'm happy I did. I haven't regrown any hair that I can tell but it's exactly like it was 14 months when I posted that, so I'm feeling confident that finasteride stopped my loss.
At my age just halting it is a victory.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did stick with it and I'm happy I did. I haven't regrown any hair that I can tell but it's exactly like it was 14 months when I posted that, so I'm feeling confident that finasteride stopped my loss.
At my age just halting it is a victory.
Have you done any dermal stamping. I suggest using flash and taking shots of areas youve hoped to recover at. Flash shows little hairs that can be zoomed in on long before theyre terminal. Thats what I did. Took forever to manifest any macro results. My crown is still awful, but I think thats because the hairs are fine like baby hairs now. If they continue to get thicc then who knows where Ill be in a year or two.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so I decided to do a Day 1 post to Present day comparison. "Day 1" was already a few weeks into efforts, but I was already seeing signs of progress, hence the birth of this thread.

This is my progress to date, clearly compared. My derma pens just arrived today as well literally as I'm typing this, so I gotta make myself suck it up and get back into the disciplined habit of that again... This time I'm going to focus on two objectives:

1.) Advancing my hairline down even lower by concentrating the micro-needling below my established newborn hairline. If results manifest at this point, I can eliminate minoxidil and finasteride as the X-factor in regrowth, since I'm basically two years in and the micro-needling will be the sole variable in this control.

2.) Filling in more scalp density over the crown and around the neo-hairline. When I say density, I'm referring to hair count per square inch. Another thing to watch is volume of the hairs themselves over the crow in paricular to see if they can turn the corner and become thick and mask my scalp entirely.

If this works I can pretty much put declare decisive victory and categorize my baldness as in remission.

Attachments

• Sidebyside Left 1.png
    Sidebyside Left 1.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Sidebyside Left 2.png
    Sidebyside Left 2.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 351
  • Sidebysideright.png
    Sidebysideright.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 344
  • Right side rotational.png
    Right side rotational.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 338
  • Right side overheadpng.png
    Right side overheadpng.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 337
  • Left Side Overhead.png
    Left Side Overhead.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 342
  • Frontal.png
    Frontal.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 357
  • Sidebyside Crown.png
    Sidebyside Crown.png
    263.5 KB · Views: 356
  • Crown.png
    Crown.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this is a bit graphic and probably will cause some sort of pow-wow but I figured it would benefit someone to see what this looks like. I am only concerned with documenting what I am doing and not suggesting anyone else go to this level.. But "in the name of science" let the results speak for themselves. In a year or two it should be absolutely certain one way or another.

It looks worse than it is. I just quickly dab over and over until it finally draws blood. The first few pokes don't make it bleed at all. I do this to be thorough. Not because its necessarily critical to go this far. In these pictures you can also see the erythema associated with micro needling after the blood is removed. This lasts probably a day or two after you micro-needle yourself—and I have a skin condition that makes me react worse than most people so its fine. You can see where I am setting my new hairline, so if the results coincide with this line then you know why it happened. I do this fresh out of the shower so my head is soaking wet and opened up some and clean. So it also looks worse because of all of the water mixed in.

I always apply minoxidil a short while afterwards. I know there is debate about this as well, but I dont care.

Finally you can see what it looks like dry and styled to date.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 321
  • 2.png
    2.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 310
  • 3.png
    3.png
    93 KB · Views: 308
  • 4.png
    4.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 5.png
    5.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 294
  • 6.png
    6.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 296
  • 7.png
    7.png
    780.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 8.png
    8.png
    383.2 KB · Views: 297
  • 9.png
    9.png
    187 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today I upload different crown shots. Pretty much dry, under slightly different lightings, some with flash, some without.

When it dries, it gives the illusion of somewhat fuller consistency.

The hair quality reminds me of soft baby hair, which makes sense and plays into my theory that I'm basically recapitulating a neo-natal process.

The new hairs also seem to be blonde—I was a blonde baby and child for my early years, gradually darkening as I approached middle and high schools and beyond.

Fortunately for me and not so much for the documentation, I believe it looks even better using mirrors than the camera captures. Not show how it looks out in the real world though.

Curious if anyone has any insights into the nuances of baby hair. I believe early on I had "lanugo" hair which evolved into what I have now. I don't know if this is considered "terminal" or some sort of transitory graduation from vellus. I really anticipate it going fully terminal in one or two more telogen/anagen cycles. It may take years to finish maturing in thickness however, if indeed it does.

Lastly for the crowd reading that's afraid of finasteride, as I originally was, I had my testosterone tested last week. It came back normal.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 233
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 239
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 223
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 225
  • 5.png
    5.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
  • 6.png
    6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 251

Migraine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats some serious wounding. :O Is that something (as a derma roller/stamper) we want to achieve? Allways thought some mild redness of the skin was enough. Im using a 1,5 mm roller once a week.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk, maybe. I went a little zealous this time since its been so long, but I always make a point to draw blood. I'd rather go too far than not far enough.

I damage the skin such that I force it to regenerate from the ground up. At the end of the day I'm only concerned that it worked. I don't have the patience to play the wait-and-see game for 3, 6, 9, 12, 24 months on simple erythema. Even when regeneration is properly triggered, it takes forever to grow appreciable hair volume as you can see. Results are all that matter. I leave it to you to determine your own lines. For the sake of my contribution to the body of information, I wanted to be precise in recording my methods. Try basic erythema if you'd prefer, but if it does *not* produce results for you after several months, then consider my extremes as a possible factor.

The crown picture here shows pretty well the blonde hair growing in and some that are darker, I believe going terminal.

The second crown picture is to highlight increased density by showing new hairs growing where it was originally patchy where hair still was to be found prior to beginning. I remember it was starting to show more noticeble white spots or gaps prior to beginning this journey. Its clear that the new hairs can be seen between the much denser hair follicles that were never lost.

The last shot is a good shot at the maturing hairline follicles that I grew on my temple where it had been slick bald for years, maybe even in excess of a decade.

Attachments

• Blonde hairs.png
    Blonde hairs.png
    721.5 KB · Views: 223
  • density volume.png
    density volume.png
    967.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Neohairline.png
    Neohairline.png
    614.4 KB · Views: 230

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This seems to be some early temple regrowth. Some of it may have already been there, but you can see how low Ive been going with the erythema line.

I believe this is 6 or 7 sessions since resuming micro-needling every week. Old derma pen was getting too damn dull so I tossed it and will use a fresh one next week.

It's too early to notice any discernable results from this yet, but I began dosing collagen powder as well as biotin/collagen in pill form. I also noticed a collagen/biotin based shampoo and conditioner by chance and have incorporated that as well.

The rest of my routine is the same as from the beginning.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 365
  • 2.png
    2.png
    901.6 KB · Views: 346
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 338
  • 4.png
    4.png