Poll: Select The 15 Best Tsuji Questions

Please read the "poll notes" at bottom of poll first!!

• Is it possible that this treatment could work in any mammal that grows hair or fur?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please select the 15 questions you feel are best, from among this list from the community. You will only be able to select a maximum of 15. We are going with 15 instead 10 because I am hoping I can get more out of him :)

Four important notes:

1) Some of the best questions are near the bottom. So check the whole list patiently.

2) Questions are significantly shortened due to character limits on the poll. When posed to Tsuji they will be fully expanded and explained in detail.

3) To quote @bags (heavily edited by Admin for brevity):

"If Tsuji only has time for 10 questions I would suggest (considering we are still 4-5 years out) that we do not so much worry about asking for costs or timelines. The only mundane question we should be asking is when they are starting human trails and I feel like that should be an 11th question that gets snuck in at the end.

The top 10 questions, many of which people have already listed here, should all involve in-depth and technical responses to the science, methodology and efficacy expectations of the treatment. I 'd rather us ask 10 really important high quality questions that require long in-depth answers, than 3 of the 10 being about cost or commercial plans.

If we can sneak those in then great, but if Tsuji is dead set on 10 questions only, then please let's get the most scientific ones answered this time and save some of the other stuff for next time, once they have actually started something."

4) Lastly, near the bottom there is a two-part question. It wouldn't fit. So just select one of the two and both will be included:

1. Have you actually expanded human DP cells in the lab beyond Passage 7 and maintained trichogenicity?
  2. If so, have you formed a hair germ using the cultured human DP cells?

Last edited:

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of these question seem similar. Do you think you could consolidate some of them into one longer question if they get chosen? It looks like there are about three options that are related to DUPA.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great work, Admin! It is going to be a great interview.

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will this method work for increasing eyebrow, beard, and body hair?

Will this work for DUPA patients?

get united questions.

thanks...

Last edited:

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just hope he does get back to you.

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suggest the questions be science/research-oriented. Questions like: "Is 2020 a realistic timeline?", "Would I need a hair transplant so that the hairline look more natural?" and alikes are quite irrelevant, in my opinion. Let's see what the Doctor has to tell us. Ooh...

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score
I suggest the questions be science/research-oriented. Questions like: "Is 2020 a realistic timeline?", "Would I need a hair transplant so that the hairline look more natural?" and alikes are quite irrelevant, in my opinion. Let's see what the Doctor has to tell us. Ooh...

I rather know when the end product will be available than if they got beyond passage 7 or 8.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what "expanding dp cells beyond passage 7" means? Thanks.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what "expanding dp cells beyond passage 7" means? Thanks.
Each passage doubles the amount of cells, starting with the initial amount. For example, you start with 100 hairs.

Passage 1: 200
Passage 2: 400
Passage 3: 800
Passage 4: 1,600
Passage 5: 3,200
Passage 6: 6,400
Passage 7: 12,800

After 7 passages, 100 hairs turns into 12,800 hairs. The maximum number of passages that DP cells can go through while retaining their gene expression is 10. This is achieved with wnt-10b. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22490342. So one DP cell can be turned into 1024. This means 100 hairs could be turned into 102,400 hairs. The only current limitation is the amount of passages that the epithelial bulge cells can go through. They lose gene expression very quickly. This was the problem that Tsuji was working on; many of us think the partnership signalled that he solved this.

Last edited:

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
"Will primordium hairs be capable of growing through scars from past hair transplants?"

this one is very important yet tricky. I mean, it can refer to donor scars, or to micro-scars in the recipient area (when the transplanted grafts are inserted).
Imho both cases are relevant, and it would be nice to hear from Tsuji on both.

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Each passage doubles the amount of cells, starting with the initial amount. For example, you start with 100 hairs.

Passage 1: 200
Passage 2: 400
Passage 3: 800
Passage 4: 1,600
Passage 5: 3,200
Passage 6: 6,400
Passage 7: 12,800

After 7 passages, 100 hairs turns into 12,800 hairs. The maximum number of passages that DP cells can go through while retaining their gene expression is 10. This is achieved with wnt-10b. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22490342. So one DP cell can be turned into 1024. This means 100 hairs could be turned into 102,400 hairs. The only current limitation is the amount of passages that the epithelial bulge cells can go through. They lose gene expression very quickly. This was the problem that Tsuji was working on; many of us think the partnership signalled that he solved this.
I do hope we'll have a clear answer to that.
Fingers crossed!

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
Some of these questions can be combined for example

' For people who suffer from DUPA, can hairs grafted from the beard area via a FUE type method be used'

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of these questions can be combined for example

' For people who suffer from DUPA, can hairs grafted from the beard area via a FUE type method be used'
This question is very specific.
A more generalised form of it, such as "Can scalp hair primordia be generated from non scalp hair stem cells?", is highly recommended, as it is something that Tsuji-sama and his research team might have already conducted experiments on.

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
This question is very specific.
A more generalised form of it, such as "Can scalp hair primordia be generated from non scalp hair stem cells?", is highly recommended, as it is something that Tsuji-sama and his research team might have already conducted experiments on.

Yes , I agree. That is a better way to put it. This is a very important question and one i feel should take high prority.
A lot of people have thin wisps of head hair with nice thick beard hairs. I am sure if given the option, they would prefer beard hairs

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score
The interviewee-to-be is a scientist, not a marketer.
Do we really want to spend some of the valuable interviewing time on marketing stuff? I don't think so...

OK man. I voted for questions that are interesting for me. I just want to know if they can manage to bring this technology in 2020 and I won't come back to these forums anymore.
Knowing that scientific stuff in only for curiosity (and I'm curious about it as well). I will sleep better knowing the cure is near than knowing about passages, DPs, gene expression, etc.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I want to know the science too, but I'm more interested in when I will actually have a full head of hair. 10-15 questions is enough for both. Some of these questions we already know the answer too,like will the new hairs be dht resistant. Yes, they will have the same resistance as the hairs in the biopsy.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give me any other duplicitous questions that I screwed up on and I will combine them right away.

If two similar questions already have votes, I will combine them and count them together. No votes will be lost.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Give me any other duplicitous questions that I screwed up on and I will combine them right away.

If two similar questions already have votes, I will combine them and count them together. No votes will be lost.

These three are more or less all the same:
  • What is the maximum hair density that can be achieved with the organ germ method?
  • I have heard 120 hair per cm square, is this true? Is it 120 hairs or 120 hair follicles?
  • What is the maximum number of total follicles that can be amplified from the donor sample?

These two are more or less the same:
  • What is the maximum number of total follicles that can be amplified from the donor sample?
  • How many hairs or how large of a skin sample of you require to do a full nw7 restoration.
These three as well:
  • If planning a 2020 release date, wouldn't human trials need to begin soon? If so, when?
  • Is Kyocera on track timewise providing necessary instruments to perform procedure in commercial mkt?
  • How confident are you in the current method such that you anticipate no obstacles to a 2020 release? <--- this question should address WHY he's confident; as in, have they started trials or even a single case study or anything.

Last edited: