Poll: Select The 15 Best Tsuji Questions

Please read the "poll notes" at bottom of poll first!!

• Is it possible that this treatment could work in any mammal that grows hair or fur?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I have opened communications with the PR team at Riken and they seem open to a phone interview with Dr. Tsuji. I informed them that he already expressed interest in an interview, but requested a 10 question limit due to the language barrier and email format.

We have a medical writer on staff who is fluent in Japanese that can conduct a phone interview in his native tongue, so I am confident that this method will result in a more relaxed question / answer session where he will feel free to elaborate on his answers. Far more than we would be able to get from him in English.

With this information, they replied that it shouldn't be a problem but they want to verify with him first that he is still interested.

They asked me for dates and times that we are available. They also asked me for the 10 questions we hope to cover. I replied telling them that we are wide open schedule-wise. I also linked to the Histogen Interview where we covered 30+ questions in a very short time. I told them I would send them 15-20 initial questions and we would cover whatever we could in the time allotted.

Hopefully that won't come off as disrespectful. I just want to get as many of your questions answered as possible, so I'm pushing a little bit. Stay tuned...

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suggest the questions be science/research-oriented. Questions like: "Is 2020 a realistic timeline?", "Would I need a hair transplant so that the hairline look more natural?" and alikes are quite irrelevant, in my opinion. Let's see what the Doctor has to tell us. Ooh...

It's a poll though? So just don't vote for the ones you don't want answered?

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a poll though? So just don't vote for the ones you don't want answered?
Yes, it's a poll. Nevertheless, we are allowed (I guess, and encouraged) to express our opinions, right? My opinion is that we won't gain anything by asking non science-related questions. All we need right now is the scientific evidence to boost our hope. When P2 trials are over and we' ve got the finest results, yes, we ought to ask about the implementation techniques and their restrictions. Passive-aggressive innuendos, my @ss.

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it's a poll. Nevertheless, we are allowed (I guess, and encouraged) to express our opinions, right? My opinion is that we won't gain anything by asking non science-related questions. All we need right now is the scientific evidence to boost our hope. When P2 trials are over and we' ve got the finest results, yes, we ought to ask about the implementation techniques and their restrictions. Passive-aggressive innuendos, my @ss.

Yes, express your opinions on which questions you'd like asked. By voting in the poll.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Some of us would like other information so we can decide if we want to wait, or go ahead and get a hair transplant.

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of us would like other information so we can decide if we want to wait, or go ahead and get a hair transplant.
Pal, Tsuji-sama can talk about what his efforts in the lab have yielded like up until now.
Do they already have a plan in mind? Presumably, yeah. But they need the human trials to move on with it. Those haven't started yet, have they?
Consequently, for the time being what we need know is the scientific progress that has been achieved since 2012.
I do realize why you need those answers, but, pal, let me make a prediction: they ain't gonna be satisfactory enough.
Let's see...

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pal, Tsuji-sama can talk about what his efforts in the lab have yielded like up until now.
Do they already have a plan in mind? Presumably, yeah. But they need the human trials to move on with it. Those haven't started yet, have they?
Consequently, for the time being what we need know is the scientific progress that has been achieved since 2012.
I do realize why you need those answers, but, pal, let me make a prediction: they ain't gonna be satisfactory enough.
Let's see...

We don't NEED to know anything. We WANT to know when we will be able to get the procedure done, and how it will work. I'd also like to know the nuts and bolts of the science behind it, but frankly those matters are only to satisfy my curiosity. I know Tsuji is more privy to the research end than the business end, but I'm sure he has some idea of how the procedure will work in the end, and what their plans are for it. Whatever he can tell us would be useful in determining a course of treatment.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Knowing that scientific stuff in only for curiosity (and I'm curious about it as well). I will sleep better knowing the cure is near than knowing about passages, DPs, gene expression, etc.

I think you are right not to obsess about the details.

However nobody knows when the treatment will be ready, even Dr. Tsuji not. He is quite literally just trying something out.

Asking about the science will give guys like swoop, desmond and hello user some fact based insight into how far Dr. Tsuji actually is in bringing the thing to market. Checking off the big milestones on the way, like scalability of the cell culturing, is what gives us the most dependable information.

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you are right not to obsess about the details.

However nobody knows when the treatment will be ready, even Dr. Tsuji not. He is quite literally just trying something out.

Asking about the science will give guys like swoop, desmond and hello user some fact based insight into how far Dr. Tsuji actually is in bringing the thing to market. Checking off the big milestones on the way, like scalability of the cell culturing, is what gives us the most dependable information.

Yes, I agree. This discussion started when someone posted not to ask "If this procedure will be ready in 2020". I think 15 question will cover both scientific stuff and timeline stuff,

I just said that I better know when the cure will be ready rather than knowing how the cure will be made

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope that if this interview is conducted in Japanese, nothing gets lost in translation or create ambiguity when translated into English.

Im ocd / obsessive / detailed / perfectionist, so you have no worries there. I will even notice that a sentence "sounds" too long in Japanese compared to the english Im given and ask why :)

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They must clearly answer to the question about 2020 .Can we expected reasonably that the treatment will be applicable to patients in 2020 ? Yes or no

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of these questions can be combined for example

' For people who suffer from DUPA, can hairs grafted from the beard area via a FUE type method be used'
Some of us are interested in having our beards filled in or maybe there's people with scars in their eyebrows so not the same thing

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn I was hoping we could ask my "seasonal shedding" question. Hopefully Tsuji has thought of this. Anyway thanks a ton for this effort guys.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
They must clearly answer to the question about 2020 .Can we expected reasonably that the treatment will be applicable to patients in 2020 ? Yes or no
I can tell you right now that the answer is no, it's not reasonable to expect it that soon. I just hope he says that it's possible for it to be ready that soon.

Last edited:

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I 'm not aware of tsuji work on cloning.I expect the interview to better inform me

Bill Sussman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of us are interested in having our beards filled in or maybe there's people with scars in their eyebrows so not the same thing

if you think about it, however, it is. if they can do the process (which I'm sure this applies to hair anywhere) then you can have it injected anywhere you wish. beard, eyebrows, etc etc... it covers it all.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you think about it, however, it is. if they can do the process (which I'm sure this applies to hair anywhere) then you can have it injected anywhere you wish. beard, eyebrows, etc etc... it covers it all.
You're right I was a bit in a hurry you know how it is when you get exciting threads like this one. I'm pretty hyped for this interview

Bill Sussman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too man. Not very often we get to feel the light coming at the end of this tunnel. So stoked.