Poll: Select The 15 Best Tsuji Questions

Please read the "poll notes" at bottom of poll first!!

• Is it possible that this treatment could work in any mammal that grows hair or fur?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I can tell you right now that the answer is no, it's not reasonable to expect it that soon. I just hope he says that it's possible for it to be ready that soon.

I don't think it's reasonable to ask if they know that it will be available by 2020 for certain, but it's equally as unreasonable to say you know for a fact that a company that spent time and effort concocting a release date is wrong with the date they released... Nobody knows for certain either way, but I'm sure they can't pin down a date right now either that they're certain of. They've give us their hopeful date, and that is what they'll stand by, but if/when they run into any complications which is likely then they'll adjust it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it's reasonable to ask if they know that it will be available by 2020 for certain, but it's equally as unreasonable to say you know for a fact that a company that spent time and effort concocting a release date is wrong with the date they released... Nobody knows for certain either way, but I'm sure they can't pin down a date right now either that they're certain of. They've give us their hopeful date, and that is what they'll stand by, but if/when they run into any complications which is likely then they'll adjust it.

I didn't say I knew for certain that it won't come out in 2020. I said I was certain they would not say that we can EXPECT it by then. There is no way they can be positive that it will be available in 2020 They can only saying they are aiming for that time period. It would be very irresponsible to say we should expect it at that date, knowing that delays are possible/likely.

Bill Sussman

My Regimen
Reaction score
if the major hurdles have been overcome, there is a definite possibility that the trials can start as soon as kyocera makes the necessary equipment in 2018. and if this project is government funded, would it make the approval process for conducting trials much quicker or no?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
if the major hurdles have been overcome, there is a definite possibility that the trials can start as soon as kyocera makes the necessary equipment in 2018. and if this project is government funded, would it make the approval process for conducting trials much quicker or no?

Probably. In Japan, sh*t gets done. Since it's possible to release in Phase II there, I'd wager that as long as Kyocera remains on track they, should land close to their anticipated date.

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We don't NEED to know anything. We WANT to know when we will be able to get the procedure done, and how it will work. I'd also like to know the nuts and bolts of the science behind it, but frankly those matters are only to satisfy my curiosity. I know Tsuji is more privy to the research end than the business end, but I'm sure he has some idea of how the procedure will work in the end, and what their plans are for it. Whatever he can tell us would be useful in determining a course of treatment.
As I've said already, for the time being we need know what the scientific progress has been. If it is substantial (a.k.a all amplification and gene expression hurdles have been overcome!), we have solid proof that the thing is going to the right direction and that an effective solution may be available in the next 5-10-15 Jahren. That's freakin awesome, pal.
Oh, and I get it why you need a reassuring answer, but the more realistic you are, the better.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Knowing how governments operate, I would think they'd have an easier time getting approval than Shiseido did.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Do you watch Ex On The Beach on MTV?"

+1

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
I hope the interviewer might sneak in the point about whether they could extract hair follicular units using the fue technique instead of taking a skin biopsy. This way scarring would be minimised almost completely.

It might be worth getting this point across at this early stage, so if Tsuji and his team consider it possible and a more attractive option from the patient's point of view, they may move towards the clinical trials with a mind to testing it out.

By the way, I'm not suggesting that removing a 5/10mm2 area of skin would be a terrible thing. Just that they may be a better way of doing it.

Fue is a well established process that removes far less tissue than a biopsy. If all that Riken would require are the follicles themselves and not the surrounding tissues, fue would be worth trying out.

Furthermore, in the absence of cryogenic preservation of patients' cells for future repeat treatments, a fue sample of 50-100 hairs each time over the course of a lifetime would be a better prospect than repeat 5/10mm2 scalp biopsies, which might end up being cosmetically problematic as well as building up scar tissue.
Yes , I have mentioned this before. All they require is the hair follice and that can be extracted via FUE instead of taking a biopsy. Using the FUE , the technician can take the strongest hairs from the donor area. It also allows grafting of hairs from other sites other than the scalp.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interview Update

So some good news. Sort of. At least we know Tsuji hasn't been avoiding, and we don't have indication yet that he has changed his mind. I received an email today from Riken that they contacted the lab and the good doctor has been on vacation. And he will be returning "next week".

So I am sending him one last email requesting that he contact me upon return to schedule a time for a call, and I will send him our best 20 questions for review, prior to the call. So he can prepare. Fingers crossed he wont reply and say he insists on 10 questions and email. Because I still think we will end up with 2-3 sentences at best, from each question, and this whole effort may end up not scratching our itch.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Interview Update

So some good news. Sort of. At least we know Tsuji hasn't been avoiding, and we don't have indication yet that he has changed his mind. I received an email today from Riken that they contacted the lab and the good doctor has been on vacation. And he will be returning "next week".

So I am sending him one last email requesting that he contact me upon return to schedule a time for a call, and I will send him our best 20 questions for review, prior to the call. So he can prepare. Fingers crossed he wont reply and say he insists on 10 questions and email. Because I still think we will end up with 2-3 sentences at best, from each question, and this whole effort may end up not scratching our itch.

Sir Admin.

In shared respect to your excellent attention to detail and obvious political astuteness,
I would not be surprised to learn that you have properly pondered and processed this question beforehand:

Admittedly, I am coaxing the proverbial cart in front of the horse (common equestrian hazard among us here). ;)

All the same, do you think a thank you gift of appreciation to Riken (Tsuji) following his much anticipated interview completion,
would be an appropriate gesture of social delicacy (savior fairer) or basically a naïve idea?

I am figuratively coming from the stand-point or mind-set of a simple farmer consecutively planning his growing season(s) in advance.

http://cyborlink.com/besite/international_gift_giving.htm

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ Admin

This probably isn't the appropriate thread but the new research/ technologies tab is the only place I visit and I couldn't figure out how to send direct messages; how can I unsubscribe from receiving email notifications of any kind? Doesn't seem to be a link on the emails and I've fiddled around on the privacy/ alert preferences plenty including unchecking the box to receive regular site mailings but nothing seems to work.

I check this forum frequently enough (too much) and so the emails are just basically spam in my inbox right now. If anyone else knows the answer, feel free to reply btw. Thank you