Poll - Are Propecia/finasteride Sides Really Only 2%

If you take Finasteride did you get sides?

• Total voters

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well what do you suggest that 10 years+ users do now then? According to another member, things get worse AFTER you quit... This was just a statement, with nothing showing to back it up. So do we all quit, risk things getting worse side effects wise and hair wise? Or stay on it to avoid the possibility that things could get worse? Not seeing any solutions here.

They are all ticking time bombs in my opinion.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look it up, Post Finasteride Syndrome, pfsfoundation.org, read independant studies, look up all the class action lawsuits. This drug is a lot more dangerous than originally thought to be.
Yep, and it is obvious. Finasteride was approve in 1996, hit the market on 1997. They where reading data from 92 to 95 ! It is extremely obviously that in this than in almost 25 years tons of more information appearance . My levels after almost 20 years with ARIs are exactly what you can see on that new studies, low testosterone, none existing progesterone, high estrogens, high cortisol, etc, etc. Each study that test the hormone levels after many years of use and compare it to a placebo, show exactly the same results and Mercks know this and this is the reason why they never show use the hormone profile on their long term studies.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, and it is obvious. Finasteride was approve in 1996, hit the market on 1997. They where reading data from 92 to 95 ! It is extremely obviously that in this than in almost 25 years tons of more information appearance . My levels after almost 20 years with ARIs are exactly what you can see on that new studies, low testosterone, none existing progesterone, high estrogens, high cortisol, etc, etc. Each study that test the hormone levels after many years of use and compare it to a placebo, show exactly the same results and Mercks know this and this is the reason why they never show use the hormone profile on their long term studies.

mate are you familiar with cd nuts and his protocol for recovery from pfs?

he is active on swolesource.com with a big following of pfs guys using his method to fix themselves

basically just really healthy eating, gym work, and testosterone boosters. this seems to be the only way guys have recovered from the drug

what are your thoughts on this?

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So are you suffering bad side effects and if so, do you have a plan when you come off the drugs for recovery?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
mate are you familiar with cd nuts and his protocol for recovery from pfs?

he is active on swolesource.com with a big following of pfs guys using his method to fix themselves

basically just really healthy eating, gym work, and testosterone boosters. this seems to be the only way guys have recovered from the drug

what are your thoughts on this?
No, first time I heard. Thanks ! I am going to search about it.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
So are you suffering bad side effects and if so, do you have a plan when you come off the drugs for recovery?
I am already on a plan .I created a post about my experience using since 1998 Finasteride then dutasteride none stop. Right now I am on aromasin , progesterone , going to check all my levels on Monday, again.

Tried clomiphen, it took my levels of testosterone to a great place BUT also increased the estrogens and the LH went triple the limit value, plus the mood swing drive you crazy. Since my progesterone levels , first tested on my last lab test, was so low ( lab can not even measure them ) I add it too, will update on my post.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn...yall r scaring me now...i dont wana lose the 17 hairs i have left by stopping finasteride...wat if i took .25 a day?
There is a graphic with the differents dose and how it affect the systemic and scalp levels. The "safest " dose was 0.05 mg per day . Anyway, was just one study. I think, that a must ( in my country lab don't test it ) is first test your DHT levels. If you levels are not extremly high, Finasteride is a dangerous pill, and with time it look like it affect you more and more. Is like the body sense that there is not DHT, and try all the things to upload it till it crash and f*** the whole system ( estrogens, progesterone, testosterone, cholesterol , etc ) All the newest studies, from 2011 to 2017 are showing this.

Let me give you an example, the body sense that there is a lot of less DHT, so what it does ? It upload androgen receptors, that is why in some people finasteride make you loose more hair, and that is why some have increase sex drive at the beginning, but that is just temporally . Then the body say " hey, may be we are producing to much progesterone, cause progesterone naturally lower the DHT, stop progesterone production ! " etc, etc, etc .

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, first time I heard. Thanks ! I am going to search about it.

yeah def go look at it mate.

i see your taking all kinds of other meds to help you. i think a lot of guys used to try this on propeciahelp and solvepfs.com but it got them nowhere

the guys on swolesource are not taking any meds at all. just really clean living for a year or two to get the body back to normal. it takes a long time but apparently is helping everyone that tries it

definitely check it out mate

http://www.swolesource.com/forum/post-finasteride-syndrome/

Norwoodcemetary

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn..so i guess its time to accept my baldcel life...damn..right when i noticed it was working...but my libido is down with weak orgasms...

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am already on a plan .I created a post about my experience using since 1998 Finasteride then dutasteride none stop. Right now I am on aromasin , progesterone , going to check all my levels on Monday, again.

Tried clomiphen, it took my levels of testosterone to a great place BUT also increased the estrogens and the LH went triple the limit value, plus the mood swing drive you crazy. Since my progesterone levels , first tested on my last lab test, was so low ( lab can not even measure them ) I add it too, will update on my post.

Ok thanks, I'll have to have a look at your plan. Damage is probably already done but considering getting off this stuff now. Hadn't kept up to date with side effects of these drugs as they were considered fairly safe at the time of starting. When I say fairly safe, I mean no permanent sides lasting after quitting.

pollutionbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get pain in my left chest and hangover like symptoms. But also i noticed that i sweat easier and get out of breath easier, so i suspect it affects my bloodpressure.

INT

Reaction score
Used 1,25 for 2 weeks.

Got horrible side effect: ED, loss or morning wood,brain fog, bad sleep, anxiety.

Was to afraid to go bald so just brought down my dosage: 0,67 EOD. A few weeks later the mental side effects got a bit less but the sexual ones never went away, After 8 months of total on finasteride I decided to stop (June, 2016).

Nothing really changed in the first months after that... After that I started experimenting with some herbs and the ED issues became a bit less severe (erections at 75%). Earlier this year I felt like I was making amazing progress, for the first time in a year I had erections at 90% EQ. Still no morning wood though. This was followed by a very stressful period and everything went completely south again.

After some lifestyle changes a few months ago and with the help of pine pollen powder and yohimbe I feel like I am slowly starting to improve again. I have occasional morning wood, erections are max at 95% EQ and at their lowest at 80%. Hair also started to shed again and I had an increase in body hair over the last months.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Used 1,25 for 2 weeks.

Got horrible side effect: ED, loss or morning wood,brain fog, bad sleep, anxiety.

Was to afraid to go bald so just brought down my dosage: 0,67 EOD. A few weeks later the mental side effects got a bit less but the sexual ones never went away, After 8 months of total on finasteride I decided to stop (June, 2016).

Nothing really changed in the first months after that... After that I started experimenting with some herbs and the ED issues became a bit less severe (erections at 75%). Earlier this year I felt like I was making amazing progress, for the first time in a year I had erections at 90% EQ. Still no morning wood though. This was followed by a very stressful period and everything went completely south again.

After some lifestyle changes a few months ago and with the help of pine pollen powder and yohimbe I feel like I am slowly starting to improve again. I have occasional morning wood, erections are max at 95% EQ and at their lowest at 80%. Hair also started to shed again and I had an increase in body hair over the last months.

Interesting how everything went south after a stressful period.. Can I ask what sort of lifestyle changes helped you after that?

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people misunderstood this poll. 50% of the people think that the percentage is more than 2, which doesn't mean that these 50% have experienced sides. I'd say the chance of getting some minor sides is like 33% for the first couple of months because your body needs adjustment to the changes. Serious sides such as ED / chronic depression are probably around 2% or lower.

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been taking for 1.5 years(EOD). Face may have become bloated . Possible increased anxiety too, along with more(not less) back hair. So i voted yes. But I'd rather try to save my hair if side effects remain minimal.

Last edited:

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been taking for 1.5 years(EOD). Face may have become bloated . Possible increased anxiety too, along with more(not less) back hair. So i voted yes. But I'd rather try to save my hair if side effects remain minimal.
These "sides" are almost definitely unrelated.