Poll - Are Propecia/finasteride Sides Really Only 2%

If you take Finasteride did you get sides?

• Total voters

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a poll to gauge from users who have taken finasteride or are taking finasteride are you getting sides.

Every doctor ive been to has claimed it is just 2% of people however I personally know two people who have taken it and had a few sides.

Hopefully this helps clarify it slightly.. As im assuming there are loads of people on it some with no sides and some who post horror stories and tell every to stay away.

Should help others as well making the choice!

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
They are full of bushit . Ask to a doctor to name one single hormone that can be teduce by a 70:/: and will not give sides . How anyone can think that reducing the most stronger androgen in a male by 70:/: can't give sides ? Why nome of the long term studies done by merk test the hormone levels of testosterone , estradiol, etc and compare them to placebo ? The amount of studies on pubmed showing the side effects or finasteride increase each month .

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Until now no. I'm 6 months on finasteride. Buth who know what will happen in the future....

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
cool, currently at about 50% keep it coming folks if your using will help others make the decision.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
I got sides, and so did my friend who also took finasteride.

It was fairly minor stuff like watery spunk and brain fog/fatigue, and it mostly went aftera couple months. Nothing lasting

I believe the incidence of sides is probably a lot higher than 2% or whatever but most of the time it's minor stuff. I think the amount of people ending up with 'permenant sides" is probably less than 0.01%

Zoobop

My Regimen
Reaction score
7 months in - semen is more watery (as expected), otherwise absolutely no sides whatsoever. Hair has fortified considerably and maintained very well.

That being said, everyone should expect their semen to be more watery - Finasteride lowers sperm count while you are on it. I think this is 99% of why people freak out and run away when really that is just it. I think from there, most (obviously not all) begin to convince themselves of other sides.

I just posted this link in another thread, will post it here too:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/endocrinology/infertility/41424

Last edited:

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
please add your feedback if using, currently at 46% saying they got sides....

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got ball ache which subsided after a couple of weeks, i still got watery semen and accelerated hair loss. 2% is definitely BS, sides are usually minor though, i think the 2% notion is meaning serious side effects. Im 8 months in and hairline is receding rapidly :( feels bad man

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I don't understand is the "permanent" side effects from long term use of these drugs. Surely it could be reversed medically if it were to happen...? I haven't researched the permanent side effects because there isn't much out there really that proves it. I'd believe in "prolonged" side effects after using these drugs for sure, until your body can readjust, but "permanent"...? Not so sure..
Also, people on this board are far more freaked out about the potential side effects than when I joined the boards originally (under a different username) over 10 years ago. The mind plays a very powerful role over your body. If you are scared to death of getting side effects, you'll get them, but perhaps not because of the drug.
Anyway, I can't vote because I have been taking antidepressants far longer than finasteride and Dutas which drastically effect libido. I also take Lyrica and Diazepam which also can effect the libido... So I've no idea how much of a role my 10 years+ of finasteride has played or my recent switch to Dutas is playing.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I don't understand is the "permanent" side effects from long term use of these drugs. Surely it could be reversed medically if it were to happen...? I haven't researched the permanent side effects because there isn't much out there really that proves it. I'd believe in "prolonged" side effects after using these drugs for sure, until your body can readjust, but "permanent"...? Not so sure..
Also, people on this board are far more freaked out about the potential side effects than when I joined the boards originally (under a different username) over 10 years ago. The mind plays a very powerful role over your body. If you are scared to death of getting side effects, you'll get them, but perhaps not because of the drug.
Anyway, I can't vote because I have been taking antidepressants far longer than finasteride and Dutas which drastically effect libido. I also take Lyrica and Diazepam which also can effect the libido... So I've no idea how much of a role my 10 years+ of finasteride has played or my recent switch to Dutas is playing.

Why not ? for example, gynecomastia is permanent. We don't even exactly know how it works in the brain, what structures need it, etc.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of Pro Finasteride hair surgeons, who recommend 1.5 milligrams Finasteride daily, say it is
five percent.

You can find these articles on youtube.

I agree with that number. Doctor's in the U.S. can get sued for lots of money (and do). So, I have to say
it's probably true.

In fact, the doctor even disabled his comments on Finasteride.

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Finasteride is an irreversible inhibitor of the 5ar enzyme. There is your answer.

Most dont get the side effects/crash until they stop using it.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still can't believe FDA approve a thing that change all your hormones profile and you don't need a periodic blood test as mandatory ! What the hell they were thinking ? Can you prescribe an estatin without even checking your cholesterol levels ?!? So why an ARI can be prescribed without evwn check the DHT levels?

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Define side effects.

If you talk about gyno, ed and other permanent side effects then maybe 1-2%.

If you talk about minor side effects like watery semen and small subtle changes which you probably wont be able tell you have then probably 100%.

You simply can't take a pill that magically maintains/thickens hair and expect nothing else to happen in your body.

It's all pro's and con's.