Poll - Are Propecia/finasteride Sides Really Only 2%

If you take Finasteride did you get sides?

• Total voters

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
can sides be avoided/minimized by living a very healthy lifestyle?

or if your prone to them, your going to get sides whatever you do?
No. You will have a 70 % of the more stronger androgen and what is worth you will have a 20 % more estrogen plus no DHT to counteract it, meaning Estrogen dominance. With time things will get worst, like reduction on your progesterone levels, increased cortisol, etc. Basically, Finasteride or dutasteride drive the body into a crazy none sense situation .

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really ? reduce your stronger androgen a 70 % and you will only get minor side effects ? lol

Stop fearmongering without evidence.

I'm on finasteride for 8 months now and yeah i felt some changes in my body for the first couple of weeks but that's to be expected because your hormones shift. But my dick is hard as a rock and my sexdrive is how it should be. Sometimes I'm even as horny as i was with 16.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm on finasteride for 8 months now and yeah i felt some changes in my body for the first couple of weeks but that's to be expected because your hormones shift. But my dick is hard as a rock and my sexdrive is how it should be. Sometimes I'm even as horny as i was with 16.
8 month ?! lol dude

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

What evidence ? that DHT is the stronger androgen in males ? that males need androgens ?!?!?!?!

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

He isn't fear mongering. The evidence is there. You only choose to believe falsified clinical trials by Merck. The same company who brought you Vioxx, which ended up killing over 50 thousand people. But that drug also passed clinical trials. I wonder where Merck hid all the dead rats so the FDA wouldn't find out. Merck is well known for lying about safety and skewing clinical trial data. Look it up yourself bud. Same drug company that created your "hair loss" pill.

You were probably more of a women to begin with if you don't "have" any sides.

And most of the problems happen once you STOP taking the drug, hence post finasteride syndrome.

You make DHT in your brain. You essentially are f*****g with your brain using finasteride.

Also, where is the endocrinological proof dht is the sole reason for hair loss? Just because Merck says so? finasteride doesnt even work for some people. Why is that?

And have people even had their DHT levels tested to show that they actually are elevated?

Last edited:

whatintheworld

Reaction score
If I don't take finasteride, I am headed to norwood 5/6.

If I knew I was going to cap out at norwood 3 or so, I would never take it.

Sides be damned, I would be completely broken inside if I lost all my hair.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I don't take finasteride, I am headed to norwood 5/6.

If I knew I was going to cap out at norwood 3 or so, I would never take it.

Sides be damned, I would be completely broken inside if I lost all my hair.
And if you lost your sex drive ? you can keep it with more safe medicines , topical way . There are dozen of finasteride studies , you can checl of pubmed , showing the dangerous and side effects that it cause .

whatintheworld

Reaction score
And if you lost your sex drive ? you can keep it with more safe medicines , topical way . There are dozen of finasteride studies , you can checl of pubmed , showing the dangerous and side effects that it cause .

I would probably stop taking it then. But, if I was bald, I would have 0 sex drive anyway because I would be chronically depressed.

For what it's worth, I've been taking finasteride for 10 months and have no sides at all.

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The big bad pharma and their misleading, faked studies. Maybe there is finasteride in the chemtrails of the plains as well who knows.

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
as a new user who has just ordered his first pack of finasteride pills, this is pretty scary stuff

you should be scared. You are risking permanent impotence with no reversal mechanism if it happens.

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The big bad pharma and their misleading, faked studies. Maybe there is finasteride in the chemtrails of the plains as well who knows.

Tell that to all the dead Vioxx victims. All 50 thousand of them. Made by Merck.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. You will have a 70 % of the more stronger androgen and what is worth you will have a 20 % more estrogen plus no DHT to counteract it, meaning Estrogen dominance. With time things will get worst, like reduction on your progesterone levels, increased cortisol, etc. Basically, Finasteride or dutasteride drive the body into a crazy none sense situation .

If this is how you feel, why do you take Dutas 2x weekly?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
If this is how you feel, why do you take Dutas 2x weekly?
I am only taking one per week, and I only have two caps lefts, in two Mondays, will be my last cap.
It is not what I feel ( That of couse, I feel it ) it is how it is. Simple check the studies from 2014 to 2017, dozen showing the side effects, lower hormones levels than placebo, etc. Even Merck had to add new claims to the prospect like " depresion, anxiety, permanent ED " SImple get a new propecia brand and read the new prospect.

Some people, lameness , think that we are still on 1997 .

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still waiting on your proof on this....
Prooves ? Really !? what about taking 2 minutes and search on pubmed ? Can you show me any study done where Merck show us than after 10 years or so the hormone levels ( estradiol, testosterone, progesterone ) etc are normal to placebo ? why not ?
Let me help you :
"Persistent sexual side effects of finasteride: could they be permanent?"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22789024

Norwoodcemetary

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn...yall r scaring me now...i dont wana lose the 17 hairs i have left by stopping finasteride...wat if i took .25 a day?

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prooves ? Really !? what about taking 2 minutes and search on pubmed ? Can you show me any study done where Merck show us than after 10 years or so the hormone levels ( estradiol, testosterone, progesterone ) etc are normal to placebo ? why not ?
Let me help you :
"Persistent sexual side effects of finasteride: could they be permanent?"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22789024

Well what do you suggest that 10 years+ users do now then? According to another member, things get worse AFTER you quit... This was just a statement, with nothing showing to back it up. So do we all quit, risk things getting worse side effects wise and hair wise? Or stay on it to avoid the possibility that things could get worse? Not seeing any solutions here.