Poll - Are Propecia/finasteride Sides Really Only 2%

If you take Finasteride did you get sides?

• Total voters

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Define side effects.

If you talk about gyno, ed and other permanent side effects then maybe 1-2%.

If you talk about minor side effects like watery semen and small subtle changes which you probably wont be able tell you have then probably 100%.

You simply can't take a pill that magically maintains/thickens hair and expect nothing else to happen in your body.

It's all pro's and con's.

Absolute true! Every drug has bad and good sides.

i also have watery sperm and i'm sure many other users have the same side effect.

Look, you have 2 options:

Use finasteride to hold your status and accept the side effects

or

BALD.

Norwoodcemetary

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just the way I feel
i hear alot of guys saying they wont do it bcause of sides then they see their hairloss accelerate and jump on finasteride out of desperation...then say i wish i had got on it sooner.....i do feel sides tho..

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is an irreversible inhibitor of the 5ar enzyme. There is your answer.

Most dont get the side effects/crash until they stop using it.

And care to show a link to prove that it is an "irreversible" inhibitor of the 5ar enzyme? I'm not going to just take your word for it... your hatred of these drugs is clear in almost every post I've seen of yours...

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolute true! Every drug has bad and good sides.

i also have watery sperm and i'm sure many other users have the same side effect.

Look, you have 2 options:

Use finasteride to hold your status and accept the side effects

or

BALD.
Yep, bad and with your dick working or hair but none dick. What do you think a women will prefer ?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
on finasteride for 5,5 years now.

still have my dick

u mad?
Lol. tell me in other 5 years.
"Finasteride, not tamsulosin, increases severity of erectile dysfunction and decreases testosterone levels in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26053014

Why you think Merck never release a long study on the hormone profiles of people use it for long time compare to placebo ?! ups, who is mad now ?

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Finasteride, not tamsulosin, increases severity of erectile dysfunction and decreases testosterone levels in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia."

Why you think Merck never release a long study on the hormone profiles of people use it for long time compare to placebo ?! ups, who is mad now ?

I am aware of the potential side effects.

However this study is with dosage 5 times the amount of whats recommended for treating hairloss.

I lead a very healthy lifestyle and i feel great despite being on the drug. And ive maintained my hair for the time being on it.

To me the risk is worth it, to some it may not.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

can sides be avoided/minimized by living a very healthy lifestyle?

or if your prone to them, your going to get sides whatever you do?

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am fairly confident that the majority of people who take it will get minor sides whether they know it not. 10-20% reduction in sex drive and watery semen seems to quite common and my experience with it.

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
its probably only %2 because only %2 of the people on the medication reported it