[pics Inside] 3 Months finasteride How Does My Hair Look?

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dam bro. That is pretty fucked tbh. Mine is bad too but more mixed.

Dad and 3 brothers all nw6-7 before 25 years old. My dad was nw6 at 22 years old. Dads dad was also nw6 but he was older and I dont have any pics of him young but it looked like he might have started losing it later than my dad. Cousins on his side are also bald.

On moms side, moms dad died with a full head of hair. She has 4 brothers and one of them is balding at 50 and started in 30s. The rest are not gonna go bald but started thinning in their 30s a bit but still have decent head of hair for someone in their 40s.

I thought I got lucky and ended up with hair genes from mom side but nah, nothing ever goes right for me lol.
You’re responding really well to finasteride, stick with it and you’ll be more than fine!

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re responding really well to finasteride, stick with it and you’ll be more than fine!

Yeah but I am still below baseline. It is too hard to tell what is actually happening. Also ive been having dink related problems. Sigh.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anyone see improvements(thickening/regrowth) after 6 months, I feel like most people get results before 6 months?

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8 MONTHS UPDATE:
My hair still thinng although growing it out to medium length helps a ton
I’ve bought avodart and thinking of taking it once a week with finasteride

Attachments

• 2507F0D2-A58F-4D4A-94C2-91C3E1CB47EF.jpeg
    2507F0D2-A58F-4D4A-94C2-91C3E1CB47EF.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 4581829E-5190-4090-9747-0F96D69AEAB7.jpeg
    4581829E-5190-4090-9747-0F96D69AEAB7.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 216

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s my hair uncombed in it’s natural state

Attachments

• D8C5B7CA-8E63-4288-8E71-0AFF8E12B9FD.jpeg
    D8C5B7CA-8E63-4288-8E71-0AFF8E12B9FD.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 232

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
holy f***, my man. im 25 and pretty much in same boat, but havent started finasteride yet, cuz scared of sides.

its absolute bollox that we bald before 30. also the greatest part is i dont have family tree history of hair loss whatsoever, my father s 65 and he only now started to bald. just lol at life.

how did ur body handle finasteride? what dosage and how regularly do u take it?

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
holy f***, my man. im 25 and pretty much in same boat, but havent started finasteride yet, cuz scared of sides.

its absolute bollox that we bald before 30. also the greatest part is i dont have family tree history of hair loss whatsoever, my father s 65 and he only now started to bald. just lol at life.

how did ur body handle finasteride? what dosage and how regularly do u take it?
I take propecia 1 mg at night everyday, at first, I thought I was having all kind of sides but as I continued they all went away so they were probably just in my head.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score

Here is my hair right after waking up and uncombed. Ive been on for 9 months and my hair is worse than when I started. For the past 4 months or so however its been looking the same so maybe we are just maintaining no but I find it hard to believe based on the mirror.

I also got sides from finasteride, so im switching to topical, and then RU after that.

Have you atleast noticed a reduction in hairfall after being on finasteride?

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190226_102226.jpg
    MVIMG_20190226_102226.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 180

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is my hair right after waking up and uncombed. Ive been on for 9 months and my hair is worse than when I started. For the past 4 months or so however its been looking the same so maybe we are just maintaining no but I find it hard to believe based on the mirror.

I also got sides from finasteride, so im switching to topical, and then RU after that.

Have you atleast noticed a reduction in hairfall after being on finasteride?
Your hair is very similar to mine but I think yours is a bit thicker. I’ve been following your thread and I think your hair is improving, it looks healthier and I bet when you style comb your hair no one would suspect a thing.
I don’t recommend switching to topical or RU finasteride is clearly working well for you. What kind of sides do you have? Has your girlfriend said anything? Just make sure, you’re not psyching yourself because it happened to me so I just continued to take it, hit the gym, cleaned my diet and now absolutely no sides.

As for me, honestly, I haven’t noticed any change in my hair or shedding. I did notice that recently my hair is a lot easier to style and hiding the diffusion does’t take much effort as compared when I started, although this can be because I grew out my hair.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair is very similar to mine but I think yours is a bit thicker. I’ve been following your thread and I think your hair is improving, it looks healthier and I bet when you style comb your hair no one would suspect a thing.
I don’t recommend switching to topical or RU finasteride is clearly working well for you. What kind of sides do you have? Has your girlfriend said anything? Just make sure, you’re not psyching yourself because it happened to me so I just continued to take it, hit the gym, cleaned my diet and now absolutely no sides.

As for me, honestly, I haven’t noticed any change in my hair or shedding. I did notice that recently my hair is a lot easier to style and hiding the diffusion does’t take much effort as compared when I started, although this can be because I grew out my hair.

My sides are harder to maintain an erection, low libido, and watery jizz (i dont mind the watery jizz that much). Trust me, 100% im not psyching myself out. I am gonna be using topical finasteride but I think I will still keep 0.25mg finasteride every other day and also minoxidil. If my hair is still thinning (almost certain it will be) then ill add in RU later on. As of right now its gonna be 0.25mg of finasteride EOD and topical finasteride 0.1%(with minoxidil).

I do hit the gym 3-4x a week and live a pretty healthy lifestyle with no smoking or drinking but these things I really believe play no role in male pattern baldness. Keep in mind, when my dad was my age (22) he was already a nw6 so the genes here are fucked.

Yeah when my hair is combed and styled with texture paste and a good haircut I am still happy with how it looks even though it is *** compared to even what it was a year ago and I know the situation will get worse.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE:
I added dutasteride once a week and finasteride on the other days.
It’s been two weeks and two doses, I haven’t noticed any changes hairwise or side effects.
I’ve read a lot of studies and concluded that Duta can give me an added boost.
Wish me luck bros!

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE:
I added dutasteride once a week and finasteride on the other days.
It’s been two weeks and two doses, I haven’t noticed any changes hairwise or side effects.
I’ve read a lot of studies and concluded that Duta can give me an added boost.
Wish me luck bros!
Update on the duta sides. I’m thinking about doing the same.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
9 MONTHS UPDATE:
I’ve been on duta once a week for 3 weeks now, not much in terms of side effects or hair effects.
I’ve also cut my hair short. I really don’t know how I feel about my hair, I think it’s fair to say that there was no regrowth or thickening of existing hairs but the question that remains is wheather I’m maintaining or not.
I’m hopeful that Dutasteride can thicken up my hair a bit, all the studies that I’ve read showed that it’s superior to Finasteride in terms of regrowth.

Attachments

• 98ED6FA7-9A5A-4420-A4BD-9F304AC6FBFD.jpeg
    98ED6FA7-9A5A-4420-A4BD-9F304AC6FBFD.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 59B06637-FA2C-486E-B152-968F3FD9D903.jpeg
    59B06637-FA2C-486E-B152-968F3FD9D903.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 170
  • BBF932A1-5435-4894-AD5B-39FEF7142021.jpeg
    BBF932A1-5435-4894-AD5B-39FEF7142021.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 157