[pics Inside] 3 Months finasteride How Does My Hair Look?

AlexJay80

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Falsenine - I had diffused thinning right across my scalp although it was worse at the vertex.

I was a Norwood 2 at 17 and after 20 years of snail pace hair loss I became a Norwood 3 Vertex with thinning starting to occur elsewhere on the top of the head.

After 3 months of Minoxidil, Finasteride and JoBaz caffeine shampoo, I'm back to a Norwood 2 with virtually no crown thinning and my hair across my entire scalp has thickened up considerably. Whereas I could see my entire scalp after a shower, I can't even see it at all now. My front hairline has also moved forward by about 1.5cm and even my temporal points are coming back and I haven't had them since I was 13-14.

Maybe I've been extremely lucky but there are lots of other stories like me.

racisturk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’ve been on minoxidil for 1 year and started finasteride 3 and a half months ago, I’ve not seen any reduction in shedding and I feel my hair has got worse
What do you guys think?
First picture is 3 months into finasteride
Second picture is about 10 months ago and my hair was a lot longer
I'm in the same boat. I'm on 2 months on finasteride but I have no improvement, my hairs getting worse, hairline receding, my all hairs getting thin and shedding even back of my head I think finasteride accelerated it I check some of my fallen hairs and they are almost transparent so what should we do?

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[5 months upadate]
My hair keeps getting thinner and my shedding rate has increased actually. What bothers me is that I’m not able to even stabilize my hair like my hair feels weak, looks miniaturized and can be pulled of easily.

I don’t know what to expect anymore, doubt I’ll respond to finasteride, considering dutasteride.

Also tried taking a more clear picture with flash on.

Attachments

• C60E30AF-4C29-4F87-9DA8-79A4A8999FD0.jpeg
    C60E30AF-4C29-4F87-9DA8-79A4A8999FD0.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 368

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, it's effects on male pattern baldness have been largely untested and there's no scientific reason why the incidence of sides would be lower. Best to stick with the pill.
I agree too, which is why I’ve been using the pill for 5 months

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair didn't even look that good at 18. I think you're complaining over nothing, OP. Most Finasteride users go through an initial shed during the first few months of treatment. Keep at it for a full year, and monitor your hair regularly.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree too, which is why I’ve been using the pill for 5 months

Around the 5 month mark is when I first noticed im losing a lot less hairs in the shower and during the day. My hairloss is actually the same as yours. Do you notice that there is a burning hot feeling on your vertex?

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try to take more consistent pictures so you can compare them side by side just like the one I uploaded. This way you don't have to guess or use your feelings. You uploaded a picture with your hair wet but you didn't share another one for us to compare it to.

A word of advise - relax. Reading your messages even made my own anxiety go up. Switching to Dutasteride at this time does not guarantee anything. If you still want to make the switch, then it is something you should discuss with your Doctor/Dermatologist.

hair-side-by-side.jpg

Last edited:

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair didn't even look that good at 18. I think you're complaining over nothing, OP. Most Finasteride users go through an initial shed during the first few months of treatment. Keep at it for a full year, and monitor your hair regularly.
Hey man, I’m diffuse thinning so when my hair is dry, it looks fine but when it’s wet, it looks like a dead bird’s nest.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Around the 5 month mark is when I first noticed im losing a lot less hairs in the shower and during the day. My hairloss is actually the same as yours. Do you notice that there is a burning hot feeling on your vertex?
Yeah, I’ve noticed but your hair is currently doing much better. And yeah I sometimes get the itch/burning around my crown but i started taking anti histamine and it’s gone now.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try to take more consistent pictures so you can compare them side by side just like the one I uploaded. This way you don't have to guess or use your feelings. You uploaded a picture with your hair wet but you didn't share another one for us to compare it to.

A word of advise - relax. Reading your messages even made my own anxiety go up. Switching to Dutasteride at this time does not guarantee anything. If you still want to make the switch, then it is something you should discuss with your Doctor/Dermatologist.

View attachment 104509
Hey man, thanks for the comparison but I’ve been on finasteride for 5 months not 10. Yeah I guess you’re right, it’s just that my hair feels much thinner when I run my hands through it as well as shows more scalp when it’s not styled.

realone

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, you got this. I would stay on finasteride and reassess after you've been on the drug a few more months. From the pictures you've posted it looks like your hair hasn't changed that much in the 10 months you've been taking photos of your hair. At the very least it hasn't gotten worse, which is really positive news.

I would check back in with us in three months and let us know how you're doing on finasteride.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@realone Yeah, I guess I can say that I’m possibly maintaining, Some days my hair looks great, others it looks very thin. I wouldn’t mind keeping what I have honestly as it looks decent and most people can’t tell that I’m thinning unless they’re some norwood spotters, so yeah, if I maintain, I’d be more than okay.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[6 Months Update] Can’t believe it’s been six months already.
Anyways, my hair is more or less the same visually as when I first started. Although, I think my hair is actually thinner than before.
My hair looks great when it’s styled but when it’s not styled or wet, it’s a diffuse mess.
Here are some pictures styled and unstyled
I don’t think I’m a good responser and I think it’s fair to say that there will be no regrowth/thickening.

Attachments

• 9092BC0D-CA27-4E4F-B7FD-2671F2E83B22.jpeg
    9092BC0D-CA27-4E4F-B7FD-2671F2E83B22.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 307
  • D0FD681A-2CE8-4767-9D26-248001E2DDFE.jpeg
    D0FD681A-2CE8-4767-9D26-248001E2DDFE.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 291

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
[6 Months Update] Can’t believe it’s been six months already.
Anyways, my hair is more or less the same visually as when I first started. Although, I think my hair is actually thinner than before.
My hair looks great when it’s styled but when it’s not styled or wet, it’s a diffuse mess.
Here are some pictures styled and unstyled
I don’t think I’m a good responser and I think it’s fair to say that there will be no regrowth/thickening.

What was ur family history of hairloss again?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dad is nw4, brother is 28 and NW2.5ish, one of my dad’s brother is a cue ball, the others are good, and then there is my mother side which basically all of them are bald except one.

Pretty fucked genes bro.

Dam bro. That is pretty fucked tbh. Mine is bad too but more mixed.

Dad and 3 brothers all nw6-7 before 25 years old. My dad was nw6 at 22 years old. Dads dad was also nw6 but he was older and I dont have any pics of him young but it looked like he might have started losing it later than my dad. Cousins on his side are also bald.

On moms side, moms dad died with a full head of hair. She has 4 brothers and one of them is balding at 50 and started in 30s. The rest are not gonna go bald but started thinning in their 30s a bit but still have decent head of hair for someone in their 40s.

I thought I got lucky and ended up with hair genes from mom side but nah, nothing ever goes right for me lol.