[pics Inside] 3 Months finasteride How Does My Hair Look?

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’ve been on minoxidil for 1 year and started finasteride 3 and a half months ago, I’ve not seen any reduction in shedding and I feel my hair has got worse
What do you guys think?
First picture is 3 months into finasteride
Second picture is about 10 months ago and my hair was a lot longer

Attachments

• 6A44CF2A-9723-4DB4-B95C-A68A61164DBD.jpeg
    6A44CF2A-9723-4DB4-B95C-A68A61164DBD.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 1,504
  • 3A4F63EA-63CC-483A-867F-075CF848CD3B.jpeg
    3A4F63EA-63CC-483A-867F-075CF848CD3B.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 1,495

DatLad

My Regimen
Reaction score
The same in my eyes. 3 months is too early to be looking at regrowth I think. You should give it some time and take progress pics to check wether or not your hair is getting worse.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good man. You might just be maintaining but if you can maintain that hair you’re good to go. You definitely didn’t lose any so that’s great.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do take 1 mg propecia pill everyday, I’m just too lazy to update my regimen

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
(4 months update) hair still shedding at the same rate and I think is getting thinner. Not sure what to do
Will probably wait for the 6 months mark before adding duta

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair looking thin as f***, I don’t think I have enough hair left, might be time for fibers or a buzz which one do you think is better?
4 months and 10 days on finasteride, 12 months on minoxidil and nizoral/ biotin.
Here’s how my hair is looking these days, some dry and styled, some in it’s natural state and some wet(nightmare)
f*****g hell, finasteride is doing sh*t to my hair
Considering adding duta once a week or start dermarolling what are your thoughts?

Attachments

• 7C6B9F4B-F1C3-4943-886A-C31A008D569E.jpeg
    7C6B9F4B-F1C3-4943-886A-C31A008D569E.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 728
  • C703072F-3358-469A-BD8F-3F5873C60A8F.jpeg
    C703072F-3358-469A-BD8F-3F5873C60A8F.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 665
  • 8403CC6A-417C-4E3B-A056-B6F1E6E2B0C6.jpeg
    8403CC6A-417C-4E3B-A056-B6F1E6E2B0C6.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 595

noblokeaboutit

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't taken finasteride, but I've read a lot about it (as i'm sure we all have!) and some guys say it can take up to 6 months of finasteride to start seeing results.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your dry hair looks similar to when you first started. I would not take Duasteride before a year on Finasteride. Even then I may add topical Finasteride to the oral before jumping to Duasteride.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Retinoid I don’t know bro, My shedding hasn’t changed at all and I don’t see any kind of thickening/ regrowth
Like what after 6 months or more my hair is gonna change and finally respond? Seems unlikely to me

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Retinoid I don’t know bro, My shedding hasn’t changed at all and I don’t see any kind of thickening/ regrowth
Like what after 6 months or more my hair is gonna change and finally respond? Seems unlikely to me

It shows that Finasteride usually takes a while to show it's true benefit.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
(4 months and a half update) my hair is thinning so badly, I swear my hair was way better before finasteride, am I a non responder? Should I jump on dutasteride already?
Please advise I feel like crying right now

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m basically bald right now.

Attachments

• B013C94C-D8EA-4113-AED3-03EEB06187CA.jpeg
    B013C94C-D8EA-4113-AED3-03EEB06187CA.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 561

AlexJay80

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're far from bald. You're just a diffused thinner. I know it's not ideal but it could be a lot worse.

How old are you? That will in part determine how aggressive your hair loss currently is.

In the meantime, I'd keep doing what you're doing. I'm sure you'll see some noticeable results soon. You don't want to take a transgender hormone therapy pill just yet!

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat diffuse thinner. 3 months on Finasteride and I’m shedding more than ever and the existing hair is thin, light in color. I was shedding before Finasteride but I was shedding normal thick hair.

No one talks about the potential for Finasteride to damage hairline and density. It’s like it’s supposed to be some standard best option but no way to determine response until you’re bald.

Diffuse thinning is the worst because you feel bald and know your losing ground but people and doctors all think you look ok.

AlexJay80

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone - I don't think Finasteride damages hairline and your situation would almost certainly be worse without it.

Diffused hair is a bit of nightmare because the hair thins across the scalp for many years and isn't noticeable but when the thinning becomes noticeable, the balding process is already fairly advanced and thus seems to act extremely quickly.

One of my close friends had very thick Norwood 1 hair 10 or so years ago but in those subsequent 10 years, his hair thinned dramatically. The thinning wasn't really noticeable until a couple of years ago. Now he has a bald spot and not a great deal of hair elsewhere across his scalp. He's ostensibly gone from a Norwood 1.5 to a Norwood 4 in 2 years. In another 2 years, he'll be a Norwood 6 or 7.

People with diffused hair are some of the best responders to Minoxidil and Finasteride but they've got to catch it in time and be patient.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're far from bald. You're just a diffused thinner. I know it's not ideal but it could be a lot worse.

How old are you? That will in part determine how aggressive your hair loss currently is.

In the meantime, I'd keep doing what you're doing. I'm sure you'll see some noticeable results soon. You don't want to take a transgender hormone therapy pill just yet!
I’m almost 22, right after I started losing my hair, I started using minoxidil and about 8 months later starter using finasteride as well