Perifollicular Fibrosis - Can be reverted?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
docj077 said:
It is quite easy to demonstrate the link between low carb dieting and male pattern baldness.

Do you know of a study that looked at that?

docj077 said:
Eating foods that are high in starch so as to release glucose slowly are far better for the human body. They prevent glucose and insulin spikes.

I have to point out here that starch per se doesn't release glucose slowly. In fact, a baked russet potato has a higher glycemic index than pure sucrose! It's additional factors that sometime accompany starches that slow down their absorption, like soluble fiber, fat, or protein.

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
docj077 said:
I don't need studies to tell you what is accepted as physiology dogma. Low carb diets will increase growth hormone production, and thus, IGF-1 production. Studies clearly demonstrate an increase in serum IGF-1 in men with male pattern baldness. It is quite easy to demonstrate the link between low carb dieting and male pattern baldness. Eating foods that are high in starch so as to release glucose slowly are far better for the human body. They prevent glucose and insulin spikes.

Are you serious? High-carb diet is exactly what you can see in western civilization. It is poison not only trigging and speeding male pattern baldness but also causing heart disease etc. On the other hand, Asians prefer low-carb diet as their diet is high in fat, protein and fiber. Or do you believe that green tea and soy alone give them teenage hair at their 30s?

Btw. insuline resistance is heavily linked with male pattern baldness and do you know what is causing insulin resitance? Yes you are right, too much sugar and carbs = high-carb diet

I have never told that Estrogen cause hairloss. I have stated that excess of estrogens could cause hairloss.

Just tell me, if there are people who are not responsive to Dutasteride, how is it possible? It reduce DHT so much, many times more than all green teas, soy and finasterides together. And please dont tell me that they have so much sensitive follicles that even 1.5 % of DHT normally produced is still causing their hairloss.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
tomas99 said:
I have never told that Estrogen cause hairloss. I have stated that excess of estrogens could cause hairloss.

Why do you believe that?

G

i've always read that estrogens are good for hair and that this is why women don't lose hair until after menopause typically, when they have less estrogen.

What do you think of this quote from a website Bryan?

"Most current pills have two hormones, a form of estrogen called ethinyl estradiol and a synthetic progestin. This can be a mixed bag because estrogen is good for hair but some progestins may not be. Specifically, cetain progestins have testosterone-like activity and so are usually best avoided by women with alopecia or other testosterone related problems, such as unwanted hair or acne. "

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable to me!

G

Bryan said:
Sounds reasonable to me!

do you think that the reason most women don't lose hair until menopause is because they have higher levels of protective estrogen before menopause?

docj077

Reaction score
That seems like good reasoning. Estrogen concentrations in women can exceed 10X or more that of men with the majority of male estrogens beings produced by the testes and female estrogens being produced by the ovaries.

If estrogen truly is a cause for hair loss, then there should be far more cases of baldness in pre-menopausal women all over the world. However, the vast majority of baldness in women is post-menopausal and directly related to increasing androgen concentrations and decreasing estrogen concentrations.

Estrogen is an indirect antagonist of androgen function. It is GOOD for hair.

G

Doctor, is the only reason then that we don't try to maximize estrogen concentration in our bodies because we don't want the feminizing effects of adding estrogen like breasts, fat deposits, etc? if that stuff didn't happen, then it would seem that injections of estrogen would benefit male pattern baldness a lot.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Doctor, is the only reason then that we don't try to maximize estrogen concentration in our bodies because we don't want the feminizing effects of adding estrogen like breasts, fat deposits, etc? if that stuff didn't happen, then it would seem that injections of estrogen would benefit male pattern baldness a lot.

jay, ur asking him questions that you already know the answers to...do you just want him to confirm your thoughts....its OBVIOUS men cant get gettin estrogen injections....unless you are a transsexual and want to grow a pair.

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
JayMan said:

jay, ur asking him questions that you already know the answers to...do you just want him to confirm your thoughts....its OBVIOUS men cant get gettin estrogen injections....unless you are a transsexual and want to grow a pair.

it just sucks that the one major thing we could add has such bad side effects.

docj077

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayMan said:

Estrogen injections would be aesthetically devastating for men. Plus, the physiological problems would be of great concern. Especially, with regards to breast cancer and other cancers caused by estrogen excess.

G

docj077 said:
JayMan said:
JayMan said:

Estrogen injections would be aesthetically devastating for men. Plus, the physiological problems would be of great concern. Especially, with regards to breast cancer and other cancers caused by estrogen excess.

it's only the aesthestical devastation that discourages men on here from trying it. if there were no aesthetic side effects, people on here wouldn't care about the risk of cancer or anything. i mean we have people on here using oral spironolactone, Doctor. almost none of them have a valid prescription for it. they would definitely try estrogen injections to fix their current aesthetical problem: lack of hair.

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
No, Estrogen does not protect your in this this way. Women after menopause have less estrogen, but they also have less progesterone, which is the one that is protective.

I said it earlier - during pregnancy, Progesterone (which protects against estrogens and also against conversion of T to DHT) is at its peak. Women have their best hair when they are pregnant because during this time Progesterone is even 3x and more higher than usual. They do not lose hair and their hair is really thick.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
tomas99 said:
Grape seed extract is an aromatase inhibitor and a suppressor of aromatase expression.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16740737

http://www.raztec.com/proantho.html. Grape seed is able to regrowth hair and also help with reverse and fibrosis.

But I guess that only way to convince you is to eat pills and show some pictures at the end of the year :)

So is apply poly. Reversing fibrosis with tempo and PBN, copper peptides, etc., etc., can help.

I seem to get the impression you don't think our reaction(s) to DHT is the major cause of male pattern baldness.

I caution you that you are going down the primrose path if you fail to see the part DHT plays in our ailment. It is the premier, MAJOR player in our disease IMHO.

The evidence is so voluminous and widespread that it amazes me how people still aren't convinced that DHT is the MAIN culprit.

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
docj077 - I see no reply to my statement that nations on high-carb diet are balding much more than those on low-carb diet high in proteins fat and fiber?

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
tomas99 said:
Grape seed extract is an aromatase inhibitor and a suppressor of aromatase expression.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16740737

http://www.raztec.com/proantho.html. Grape seed is able to regrowth hair and also help with reverse and fibrosis.

But I guess that only way to convince you is to eat pills and show some pictures at the end of the year :)

So is apply poly. Reversing fibrosis with tempo and PBN, copper peptides, etc., etc., can help.

I seem to get the impression you don't think our reaction(s) to DHT is the major cause of male pattern baldness.

I caution you that you are going down the primrose path if you fail to see the part DHT plays in our ailment. It is the premier, MAJOR player in our disease IMHO.

The evidence is so voluminous and widespread that it amazes me how people still aren't convinced that DHT is the MAIN culprit.

I know that without DHT there is no hair loss, but could you imagine that when you change your diet DHT could not be so over expressed? That these are some processed foods that even raise 5Alpha? And you are using than some drug to lower it? Why rather use drug AND change diet to maximaze chances of success? Do you know that you can make your follicles less sensitive to DHT, etc??

All I can tell you I have met enough people that regrowth their hair (and yes they have male pattern baldness) on natural regimens. They change their diet, they eat even 30 supplements per day but it works without side effects (or they are not obvious like bi*ch tits or decreased libido).

Cances is sometimes also genetic - it runs in families and some people are more vulnearable to it. If you are and eat like s*it, you will simply trigger your cancer. Other one can eat the same way but is not pre-disposed to have cancer so he will not have it. Same with male pattern baldness. There is NO EVIDENCE that if you have male pattern baldness genes, in your DNA is written that by the age 25, it will be triggered and will go bald. There is something that causes this and even you and I dont know what it is. If it is only DHT on itself, you start losing hair during puberty of just after it. But it is not case of most men.

docj077

Reaction score
tomas99 said:
docj077 - I see no reply to my statement that nations on high-carb diet are balding much more than those on low-carb diet high in proteins fat and fiber?

Because, it isn't worth a reply. It is NOT a high carb diet that causes male pattern baldness. End of story. In fact, maintaining a consistant high carb (depending on the type of carbs you're eating) diet will keep growth hormone under control, which means insulin levels will be maintained and IGF-1 levels will be kept low.

You really are comparing apples to oranges in terms of diet when you compare a westernized diet to other diets. There are vegetarians on these forums that have been vegetarians for a vast majority of their lives that have male pattern baldness, so low carb, low fat, and high protein dieting is NOT an effective means of preventing male pattern baldness long term. It's more a matter of what the diet is missing, not what it has in excess.

docj077

Reaction score
tomas99 said:
No, Estrogen does not protect your in this this way. Women after menopause have less estrogen, but they also have less progesterone, which is the one that is protective.

I said it earlier - during pregnancy, Progesterone (which protects against estrogens and also against conversion of T to DHT) is at its peak. Women have their best hair when they are pregnant because during this time Progesterone is even 3x and more higher than usual. They do not lose hair and their hair is really thick.

No, estrogen has powerful antioxidant effects. Low estrogen is linked to an increased risk of heart disease in women. Estrogen is elevated during pregnancy and is responsible for preventing miscarriage and promoting fetal maturation. Many, many women actually experience hair loss or T.E. soon after the pregnancy ends due to the fall in estrogen concentration.

In fact, high estrogen during pregnancy is associated with an improvement in skin conditions such as psoriasis. Psoriasis has a similar underlying pathology when compared to male pattern baldness, which is hyperkeratinization of the epidermis.

I believe that you are very wrong when it comes to the effects of estrogens on hair. As I said, estrogens are indirect antagonists of androgen function.