Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxy86

Reaction score
Great result man, I'm happy for you.

So you've had no side effect from finasteride? man boobs, extra fat, sexual?
And no side effects from minoxidil? bloated face, extra wrinkles etc ?

From your pics you look great.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks galaxy86,

I've not had any side effects at all!!

My gym workouts are actually better now than before taking finasteride.I would say my bodyfat is slightly lower.

here is a pic i took last week.. just need to shave my chest lol

DSC05899.jpg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
peapoddy said:
Thanks galaxy86,

I've not had any side effects at all!!

My gym workouts are actually better now than before taking finasteride.I would say my bodyfat is slightly lower.

here is a pic i took last week.. just need to shave my chest lol

DSC05899.jpg
P, you are a fine example of great genetics. Even if you eventually lost the battle with your hair, as long as you keep yourself looking that good, you will always look like a model. I would trade places with you anytime.

Gene_Fighter

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking buff dude, I don't think you have much of a hairloss problem so do you mind if I ask you about your workout regimen?

How often do you work out? What type of exercises do you do for your abs and glutes?

I'm not totally sure on the technical terms for all of the exercises I do, so I'll try to describe them as well. For my abs I'll typically perform crunches, side crunches (bringing elbow to opposite knee), sit-ups, hanging and laying-flat leg-lifts (for lower abs), and dumb-bell pullovers (laying flat across bench, for upper abs and serratus muscles), and a few other miscellaneous exercises. Also, for my glutes (butt) I do various reverse leg-lifts, none seem to do much.

And particularly: What type of exercises do you do for your lower abs and obliques (love-handles)?

Keep on posting your progress dude!

Mr. P

Reaction score
Add some compound movements in there. Guys with great abs don't necessarily have them because they do a lot of ab work. "Abs are made in the kitchen," as they say, meaning in order to get visible abs, your diet needs to be in check.

As far as exercises that will help build muscle, but also stave off fat (again, if your diet is in check):

- squats
- deadlifts
- bent-over rows
- cleans
- lunges

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Enough with the half naked pics man, you're make us average built guys feel bad haha.

Seriously though, congrats on your hair regrowth.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Gene_Fighter said:
Looking buff dude, I don't think you have much of a hairloss problem so do you mind if I ask you about your workout regimen?

How often do you work out? What type of exercises do you do for your abs and glutes?

I'm not totally sure on the technical terms for all of the exercises I do, so I'll try to describe them as well. For my abs I'll typically perform crunches, side crunches (bringing elbow to opposite knee), sit-ups, hanging and laying-flat leg-lifts (for lower abs), and dumb-bell pullovers (laying flat across bench, for upper abs and serratus muscles), and a few other miscellaneous exercises. Also, for my glutes (butt) I do various reverse leg-lifts, none seem to do much.

And particularly: What type of exercises do you do for your lower abs and obliques (love-handles)?

Keep on posting your progress dude!

If you want to develop your butt learn to do squats properly...look up Rippetoe tutorials on youtube.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
DSC05899.jpg
[/quote]

Holy sh*t dude, you look like crap!

Seriously though, you're an extremely good looking guy either way, and congrats on your success. I'm envious.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

@birk.... yes i've been using nizoral 3 times a week consistently ever since i started the treatments:)

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
holy crap your hair went from about an inch further back than mine and about half as thick as mine all on top to about a centimetre ahead of mine in the hairline and just as thick :D you should be really really happy with that man, thats incredible. im just 18 now and considering going on fina, been on nizoral for a while which has gotten rid of the whole clumps of hair coming out int he shower thing ( although i did have that again last time i washed my hair, not fun :c ) but i dont take anything else. i figure nows as good a time as any to start - the earlier you start the better it can get i guess.

i was wondering, how much does this set you back per year? are there any sides youve noticed at all? and have you had any duff batches of the pills yet?

cheers, and again, well done and dont you dare stop taking the big 3 in 6 months time :)

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome results, congratulations! THis is a real inspiration for those of us who are a bit scared to take the finasteride plunge :)

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I've had alot of PM's about people worried finasteride will put on bodyfat.Well for me i've seen no difference at all!I still train 4 times a week doing weight lifting(moderate weight, lots of reps).I don't do any cardio.I can say my strength has increased.. i'm not saying finasteride has done that but i can tell i'm stronger than before.My diet is generally clean,lots of chicken,steak,pasta and vegatables.Weekends i go on binges with pizza,burgers ect my time to have fun!

All i can say is just try it and see.I was not going to bother with treatments because of my worries about side effects.I'M SO GLAD I DID NOW.My life has changed for the better.All i need now is to find a nice girlfriend:)

A few pictures i took today after a fresh haircut:)Sorry for the half naked pics again haha i was just about to go to the beach!

DSC06314.jpg

As you can see my bodyfat is still very low since taking finasteride
DSC06317.jpg

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow :woot: looking amazing.
What supplements are you taking peadoddy, wrt weight lifting? Protein shake?

JWM

Reaction score
F#cking hell, dude, you need to give some fitness mags a call and start modeling. Your physique is very impressive.

I think I speak for all of us when I ask what your training split is and typical workouts are like (exercises, reps, sets etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.