P-3074 (polichem Topical Finasteride) Phase Iii Just Ended.

mymlon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anbody know the ingredients of P-3074 vehicle? In some (quite old) patent I see such formulations:
Example 1:
1) Finasteride 0.25%
2) Ethyl Alcohol 96° 55.00%
3) Propylene Glycol 5.00%
4) Hydroxypropyl Chitosan 1.00%
5) Purified water 38.75%

Example 6:
1. finasteride 0.25%
2. purified water 19.25%
3. propylene glycol 10.00%
4. isopropanol 70.00%
5. chitosan 0.50%

Link to patent:
https://patents.google.com/patent/EP2153836A1/en

Seems like it's possible to prepare it at home, but I don't know if it's same as P-3074.

After some digging I think there might be a problem with finding source of Hydroxypropyl Chitosan at reasonable price. This one is pretty expensive:
https://www.trc-canada.com/product-detail/?H952740

Last edited:
Reactions: T Y

T Y

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anbody know the ingredients of P-3074 vehicle? In some (quite old) patent I see such formulations:
Example 1:
1) Finasteride 0.25%
2) Ethyl Alcohol 96° 55.00%
3) Propylene Glycol 5.00%
4) Hydroxypropyl Chitosan 1.00%
5) Purified water 38.75%

Example 6:
1. finasteride 0.25%
2. purified water 19.25%
3. propylene glycol 10.00%
4. isopropanol 70.00%
5. chitosan 0.50%

Link to patent:
https://patents.google.com/patent/EP2153836A1/en

Seems like it's possible to prepare it at home, but I don't know if it's same as P-3074.

After some digging I think there might be a problem with finding source of Hydroxypropyl Chitosan at reasonable price. This one is pretty expensive:
https://www.trc-canada.com/product-detail/?H952740
Example 6 seems def doable. Regular chitosan seems relatively cheap

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score

PrinceWilliamThe2nd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Study results have been posted:
https://www.clinicaltrialsregister.eu/ctr-search/trial/2015-002877-40/results#endPointsSection

No differences between topical and oral finasteride:
upload_2019-3-19_6-55-0.png

Looks like they did not characterize systemic DHT levels. Instead they conducted a questionnaire - yes, a fu*king questionnaire - around erectile function:
upload_2019-3-19_6-52-59.png

Thank you pharma industry for another clusterfuck!

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
funnily enough , side effects were the same for finasteride ,p3074 and placebo .
I dont see a dht measurement though , wasnt this the main point ?

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i mean side effect-wise , it cant score better than placebo. But if they could prove that dht didnt take a hit systemically , it would be their main argument.
So i guess since dht tests werent included , it is a bust

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the side effects and results are nearly the exact same then what's the point?

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
f*****g losers, there's no reason NOT to test dht activity when their main goal is developing a hairloss solution without side effects (NOT self-reported sh*t), otherwise why wouldn't we just f*****g use the pills? It's a hell of alot easier and cheaper

Is it that hard to just do a SIMPLE dht blood level test? I'm not even talking about the more advanced 5ar/intracellular dht tests. This is beyond retarded and i cant believe they invested millions into trials without taking this into account. It literally blows my mind rofl.

Are there any future plans to get proper blood testing? I'm guessing not.

SO MAYBE they know this sh*t is systemically absorbed which is why it even works in the first place?

Edit: I forgot! they already did *1 WEEK* studies on the dht levels, i guess they figured it wasn't important to do a more long term analysis, i mean why would you want to do that? It's only the most valid systemic absorption proxy metric....LOL

Last edited:

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
What a crazy week of results for us, certainly been a rollercoaster.

When I first looked at this my initial reaction was the same as everyones on here (what sort of dumb f*****g c*** dose not do blood work for systematic effects)

And although im still very let down and discouraged by this at least we didnt get bad results per say. So far we have no idea about its safety profile as the questionnaire says that oral finasteride is basically equal to placebo with side effects .Of course we know thats not true so what we are left with is the efficiency which is basically the same as oral finasteride, so in this regard it is still a success.

Now from the eyes of Polichem it will be a success for both efficiency and "saftey" because remember for them its not just about sexual side effects its about the other adverse effects reported on the study vs the oral which it appeared to have the same amount of so it will probably be seen overall as a sucesss and move on to be developed which I guess still isnt a negative for us.

Now this was phase 3 so maybe this will be developed and we will just have to see for ourselves....

Does anyone have a link for the trials that were conducted for oral finasteride showing their rise and fall in DHT also I cant remember if this was conducted in their original phase 3 or after the lawsuit they had.

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Polichem is going to move forward and try and release the topical finasteride?

br1

Reaction score
If it's same as oral in terms or sides and efficacy, then I think the answer is no.