P-3074 (polichem Topical Finasteride) Phase Iii Just Ended.

PrinceWilliamThe2nd

My Regimen
Reaction score
no, this was just ONE WEEK. we know from other studies that with topical finasteride in low doses it takes longer for the serum to be affected, one week is not enough. this is SO disappointing, all hair loss research companies suck at research but are very good at deflection and fraud. don't tell me these people don't know the nature of topical finasteride, this is just to pull in investors. we'll see in their phase 3 24 month study whether the concept is actually solid or not.

I agree, the pharma industry is a clusterfuck!

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I'm not wrong they said in March '18 that they'd release phase lll results within a year.
This should be happening soon, I can't wait!

That’s right. They predicted results released within a year and a release potentially in 2020. Almirall will probably publish year end results for 2018 by the end of February/ early March, hopefully there’ll be an update in that report.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't believe in this. they did only 1 week test for a reason, we know from other studies that small doses of oral or topical finasteride do not initially lead to a reduction in serum dht but they DO over time once it accumulates. I would not be surprised if this polichem finasteride will have the same effects of 70% serum dht reduction as the tablet. I am just not convinced by the way they are conducting studies, very fishy
They actually did a phase 3 study , if they did not believe in their product they would just drop it after phase 2 .
Also you cant really lie about dht reduction , since people are going to pay some $ and get their dht measured after a month of use.But of course it might ve been a disappointment we ll know in march

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Highly unlikely ,almirall is not a start up , it has 2000 employees .
phase 3 is required to be at least 1 year

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who cares about topical finastride, when CB is coming out within 1-2 years.... It’s game over for finastride it’s been our only maintenance med for decades.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almirall released the financial report for 2018 yesterday. According to the report, the anticipated filing date with the EMA for ALM 12845 (Polichem) is Q4 2019 (p32). Assuming the standard 9-12 months for approval, a release in Q4 2020/ Q1 2021 is possible. The positive is that Almirall are obviously relatively content with the phase III results, the negative is that Almirall are not as advanced in the process as I’d hoped; I was hoping for a possible Q2 2020 release.

https://www.almirall.com/documents/...lish.pdf/e4e81e70-eb43-40ba-bed8-14f2bbb8b296

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almirall released the financial report for 2018 yesterday. According to the report, the anticipated filing date with the EMA for ALM 12845 (Polichem) is Q4 2019 (p32). Assuming the standard 9-12 months for approval, a release in Q4 2020/ Q1 2021 is possible. The positive is that Almirall are obviously relatively content with the phase III results, the negative is that Almirall are not as advanced in the process as I’d hoped; I was hoping for a possible Q2 2020 release.

https://www.almirall.com/documents/...lish.pdf/e4e81e70-eb43-40ba-bed8-14f2bbb8b296

Still better than nothing though. The bright side is that they decided to proceed, rather than dragging

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
Cool, do you use it? How long and no sides?
Zero side-effects for me.
I've been using it for over a year now because I was getting bad sides from the pills.
It has stopped my hairloss and regrown a bit of new hair.

Its also cheaper than oral finasteride.
If you order Morr F make sure you give it lots of time for it to arrive by mail.
It has to come all the way from India. My last order took 2.5 months to get here.

Also kindly ask the guy to mark the shipping label as MX only because, finasteride is still a prescription drug in most countries

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
it must have been placebo on the pill then. we do know that topical finasteride does go systemic after a while you have the same reduction in serum dht as you get with the tablet. so great that you didn't have sides but topical finasteirde is not side effect free for people who normally get sides on the pill. thats why this is getting developed. otherwise they woudnnt invest so much money
The amount that goes systemic is far less then what you get from taking a pill every day.
I have also heard from countless others that going topical eliminated sides for them as well (after they couldnt take oral pills)

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
The amount that goes systemic is far less then what you get from taking a pill every day.
I have also heard from countless others that going topical eliminated sides for them as well (after they couldnt take oral pills)
I wish there was an study to back up that statement. Same efficacy and half of the systemic absortion long term would be enough for me to switch to topical.
And since it seems that Almirall's not gonna launch before 2021...

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use essegen 6 with finasteride. No sides yet @ 1 month or so

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish there was an study to back up that statement. Same efficacy and half of the systemic absortion long term would be enough for me to switch to topical.
And since it seems that Almirall's not gonna launch before 2021...

Agreed. The significance of Almirall’s ALM 12845 is that it is a topical formulation that reduces systemic absorption significantly and that crucially, the claim is supported by lengthy clinical trials. In the absence of clinical evidence a topical formulation is not a particularly convincing alternative to the pill.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zero side-effects for me.
I've been using it for over a year now because I was getting bad sides from the pills.
It has stopped my hairloss and regrown a bit of new hair.

Its also cheaper than oral finasteride.
If you order Morr F make sure you give it lots of time for it to arrive by mail.
It has to come all the way from India. My last order took 2.5 months to get here.

Also kindly ask the guy to mark the shipping label as MX only because, finasteride is still a prescription drug in most countries

I use essegen 6 with finasteride. No sides yet @ 1 month or so

Does your lotion have minoxidil in it ? or just pure finasteride ?

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
anybody knows if topical finasteride works BETTER than oral finasteride ?

by "better", I mean, completely stop shedding and major regrowth. Dont talk about sides.