P-3074 (polichem Topical Finasteride) Phase Iii Just Ended.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not that I am aware of; they mentioned the product briefly in a presentation from a week ago.

https://www.almirall.com/documents/...2019.pdf/6696d47e-8b3c-4570-bcc8-fbf1174d5bbf

Nothing of any substance in it though. Paul1988’s information is the most recent positive information, but it’s also speculative. They will probably release their yearly report for 2018 in February, hopefully that will say more.

Dont know, but I felt bad regarding this. P-3074 has not been given a brand name yet even though phase 3 has ended and the results are positive. Maybe they are in the 2 mind whether to push this sh*t to the market or not.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont know, but I felt bad regarding this. P-3074 has not been given a brand name yet even though phase 3 has ended.

I don’t necessarily have a bad feeling about it, KX2-391 is at the same stage and hasn’t yet received a brand name. That said, KX2-391 isn’t scheduled for release until 2021 which, given that it is at the same stage as P-3074, makes me worried that they aren’t planning a release for P-3074 anytime soon. I suppose you never know.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t necessarily have a bad feeling about it, KX2-391 is at the same stage and hasn’t yet received a brand name. That said, KX2-391 isn’t scheduled for release until 2021 which, given that it is at the same stage as P-3074, makes me worried that they aren’t planning a release for P-3074 anytime soon. I suppose you never know.

2021 is already a very bad news :(

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, 2021 would be pretty unfortunate news. Assuming that Breezula is anticipated for a 2022/2023 release, a 2021 release for P-3074 almost doesn’t make sense. In my view the key indicator for a release will be finding out when they file for approval, generally that takes a year but Almirall tend to go straight to market after approval so it shouldn’t be much longer.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol that was in 2012 or something. That’s how long this is in development. Indecently read a thread about it, people said don’t worry about hairloss because winlevi the acne formulation will be out in 2016 and you can use that for hairloss. Now we have 2019 and in best case it comes out next year, 5 years later lol. These poor people I hope they are not around anymore and have moved on, seriously this stuff is rough and time flies

Delays are expected since this hair loss industry is always a lame shame.

Breezula in 2022 is not bad since it is the first topical AA.

This, topical finasteride, takes 20+ year to hit the market. What the f*** ? I am sure Almirall should be aware of this but I still wish they release this sh*t.

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a bottle of topical Finasteride in my cabinet right now that I got from a compounding pharmacy. What’s special about this stuff?

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
arent they supposed to show phase 3 results sometime soon ? i remember they completed the study last march and they said they would make em public within 1 year

dogman

My Regimen
Reaction score
it supposedly does not go systemic although I have not seen any evidence of that since the 1 week trials are worthless because we know that finasteride in smaller doses takes a longer time to lower serum dht but eventually it will. hopefully they can surprise with a longer study and similar results, that'd be good

When I used Hasson & Wong topical dosed lower, I'd get sides after maybe the third week (get sides instantly on oral finasteride), so I always wondered if it just built up in my system and eventually lowered serum.

Maybe if they invent a topical you use every third day or once a week it might work.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
arent they supposed to show phase 3 results sometime soon ? i remember they completed the study last march and they said they would make em public within 1 year

I just emailed Almirall. Will share their answe as soon as they reply.

I personally have a lot of hope on this product. Maintenance + some thickening with little to no risk of sides would be a life saver until something more comfortable than applying a topical every day, like RCH-01's every other year inyections come up.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
god it would be amazing if this actually worked. but I'm quite skeptical, studies have show that topical finasteride will pretty much go systemic, it takes longer than a week(the polichem study is just a week I think) but it will happen eventually. maybe, maybe they actually have a special kind of vehicle but I don't know what that should be? https://www.researchgate.net/public...one_in_healthy_men_with_androgenetic_alopecia

they just did a 1 week study. form other studies we know that with topical finasteride it takes about a month to have effect on serum dht. so if thats their product, then this is a major dissapoitnment. then they have poured millions into something anybody can make at home crunching tablets into a liquid. or mor-f. I hope they have some long term >6 month safety and serum dht data to show as well.

Why would you think this big pharma company would invest money and years to bring just another topical finasteride to the market?
We have already Hasson & Wong's, ISDIN's and tons of labs making their own recipe for costumers. Something different has to be about this product.

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
histogen is investing millions

Not saying they’re scamming, but do we have any financial statements to corroborate that? Just curious.

Yes. This Works. Because phase 2 ended with positive results.
I agree the results are positive in that the efficacy competes with oral finasteride and systemic effects are lower. But are they lower enough to matter? 70% DHT drop vs 40% (after just a week) will probably still give you sides if you get them with oral.

Sorry to be the thread parade-shitter :/

Edited to add this study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25074865/?i=2&from=/26636418/related

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
study of : lets use 2.5mg topical finasteride in a non special vehicle and apply it BID , and lets see what can possibly happen lol

SuperDPAsteve

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
study of : lets use 2.5mg topical finasteride in a non special vehicle and apply it BID , and lets see what can possibly happen lol
Pretty much lul

PrinceWilliamThe2nd

My Regimen
Reaction score

That was a preliminary study. The paper below is more relevant, where they only dosed 0.2275mg topically and saw 52% reduction in scalp DHT, but only 24% reduction in serum DHT levels. Their topical solution does seem to have a better safety profile than the 1mg tablet once a day, which reduces serum DHT by 76%.

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...c_alopecia/links/5694fea508ae3ad8e33d3e48.pdf

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That was a preliminary study. The paper below is more relevant, where they only dosed 0.2275mg topically and saw 52% reduction in scalp DHT, but only 24% reduction in serum DHT levels. Their topical solution does seem to have a better safety profile than the 1mg tablet once a day, which reduces serum DHT by 76%.

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...c_alopecia/links/5694fea508ae3ad8e33d3e48.pdf
yea i m familiar with their study . Anyway in my opinion , regardless of the 1 week duration, the fact that they managed to "direct" finasteride to scalp enzymes is a huge success if it is confirmed by their phase 3 . You can skip some doses and maintain the scalp dht levels at 30-40 % , and the prostate levels at 70-80 , which is a much better analogy than oral .
still waiting for results tho