Over masturbation most possibly can accelerate male pattern baldness in genetically susceptibles

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Repeated masturbation will cause acetylcholine/parasymphathetic nervous reaction which will over produce sex hormones and neurotransmitters like dopamine, serotonin and acetycholine. If these hormones are in abundance they can cause the brain and adrenal glands to produce large amount of dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine conversion, meaning their body system changes when repetitive masturbation occurs..
IMO, more than once in 10 or maybe 14days is excessive.

About sex.. Yes, its different because of oxytocine and vasopressin. Part of the effects of oxytocin and vasopressin may be due to their influence on dopamine in the reward circuits of the brain(wiki)

In my theory, excessive mastrubation(dopamine insensitivity) screws the reward circuits.

There are some theories about OT, VA and dopamine interaction..One of them is that OT and VA get in a way of the dopamine and norepinephrine which blocks the lust and allows the bond to grow. But still.. this is uncharted territory for neuroscientists. There has been some studies done on animals but for better understanding they have to do more research on humans. There are some studies, indicating oxytocin reduces stress in human beings. Thats one plus! as we know masturbation raises cortisol.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you got this all wrong.

One would be wise to not take any heed in the theories of a man who:

1. Thinks masturbating twice a month is excessive.

2. Postulates theories on the internal neurokinetics of the human body, one of the most complex systems we know of, and has no medical credentials.

PS: Even eating a banana has been shown to raise oxytocin. People need to stop pretending to be medical professionals on here. Grow up peter pan, this isn't Grey's Anatomy or House.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
Repeated masturbation will cause acetylcholine/parasymphathetic nervous reaction which will over produce sex hormones and neurotransmitters like dopamine, serotonin and acetycholine. If these hormones are in abundance they can cause the brain and adrenal glands to produce large amount of dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine conversion, meaning their body system changes when repetitive masturbation occurs..
IMO, more than once in 10 or maybe 14days is excessive.

About sex.. Yes, its different because of oxytocine and vasopressin. Part of the effects of oxytocin and vasopressin may be due to their influence on dopamine in the reward circuits of the brain(wiki)

In my theory, excessive mastrubation(dopamine insensitivity) screws the reward circuits.

There are some theories about OT, VA and dopamine interaction..One of them is that OT and VA get in a way of the dopamine and norepinephrine which blocks the lust and allows the bond to grow. But still.. this is uncharted territory for neuroscientists. There has been some studies done on animals but for better understanding they have to do more research on humans. There are some studies, indicating oxytocin reduces stress in human beings. Thats one plus! as we know masturbation raises cortisol.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you got this all wrong.

True, masturbation is proven to cause dopamine (and other neurotransmitters) overproduction that, in fact, will produce anxiety due to excessive electrical stimulation. But on top of that, having orgasms in general also reduces serotonin levels and that's where, as I understand, oxytocin has a role.

Serotonin deficiency (not excess as you mentioned) causes anxiety, but oxytocin can counterbalance the effect by stimulating attraction, recognition and bonding. Of course, this becomes null if you are choking the chicken by yourself, as the oxytocin excess won't be "channeled" towards no one else, and will leave you feeling lonely and empty.

I can only speculate of course.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice post sir!

- - - Updated - - -

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Jay

Asexuals have no sexual attraction to any sex. My hypothesis than would be that if nofap truly does prevent hair loss than there would be little balding amongst the asexual community. Look at the founder of the asexual org in the link above. Have you ever seen more hair! So I think you have to go above and beyond simply not masturbating and looking at p**rn. I think you also have to refrain from sexual thoughts as much as possible. Strive to be like an asexual person. This is what I will strive for in the remaining part of my nofap experiment. 3 of my 12 days I've had sexual related google searching without viewing any p**rn. I will go one step beyond and refrain from acknowledging and preventing sexual searches, curiosities, and attractions. Asexualism here we (don't) come!

- - - Updated - - -

http://m.ranker.com/list/famous-ase...ists?format=SLIDESHOW&page=23&action=lastpage

None of these famous Asexuals are bald.

Over half the men were NW4. Several others were NW3. Not a single NW1 among them, so I don't know what you mean by all these famous asexuals are bald.

Aneik

Reaction score
I've seen plenty of articles that say masturbating contributes to an increase in DHT and hairloss. But I'm pretty sure they mean if your excessively masturbating. Too much of anything can be a bad thing. If your beating it 3-5 times a day, it's probably not healthy.

Sex is 10 times better when you don't masturbate anyway.

Exactly...you get my point....That term "excessive" is very important......
THANK GOD, AT LAST THIS THREAD IS TURNING TOWARDS A HEALTHY DEBATE.......

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
You're wrong. None of them were beyond nw2!

How about you name specifically the ones you think are nw4 and let's take a look at them.

Most of them comb their hair foward to hide it, all men do.

Edwards - NW3, atleast slightly beyond 2
Frusciante (love his music) - NW2
Sun Ra (NW2.5? I dunno it's impossible to find a pic of him that shows his hair)
Kenji - NW4A now
Skinner - NW2-3
Lawrence - NW3 with huge recession on one side
Newton - based on pictures and representation in paintings NW3
Jay - who knows, this guy doesn't own a brush. Probably NW1-2 though
Tesla - definitely balding, NW3 at least
Gorey - bald
Cox - diffuse thinner, NW3+
Lagerfeld - NW2
Nader - NW3 or more, diffuse thinner, he comes his hair forward
Gunn - NW4
Barrie - NW4+
Morrissey - NW4+

I excluded the women.

Edward gorey is the exception but I have my doubts that he is a true asexual.

Yea well anyone could just say "I have doubts about some of those guys not being on finasteride". Your whole asexuality post was useless to begin with since anyone could lie about their sexual orientation.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Until now I didn't really provide my own NoFAP story since I find it to be irrelevant. However, you guys seems to be so reliant on anecdotal evidence that I'll share.

Several months ago I was hyperthyroid. I had an extremely low sex drive, and my gf had gone on vacation. I didn't masturbate for several weeks, because I felt no desire to. At the same time, I was experience the first signs of male pattern baldness. Dermatologist confirmed it. I was rapidly shedding, several hundred hairs every single day. Went to almost a diffuse NW3.

Fast forward a few weeks and now I'm on the other side, massive sex drive, fapping roughly once a day or every other day because my sex drive is out of control. Can't have sex because the gf moved and we are doing long distance. My hair loss is at an immediate halt. I have regrown a lot of my hair at the temples and my hair has gotten A LOT thicker. Not just slightly noticeably thicker, but a lot thicker.

Now, accord to what I call "NoFAPPER" logic, I would conclude that jacking off regrows hair!!!! EVERYONE GO JACK OFF IMMEDIATELY.

Well boys and girls, the lesson here is that there are bigger things at play than your wank schedule. Your masturbation habits don't control your hormones, your hormones control your masturbation habits. I know all of you WANT TO BELIEVE that Dr. Purvis' results, which have gone under much scrutiny from the endocrinology community, are true and perfect. That masturbation raises DHT and Cortisol and so forth. However, much of the endocrinology community, to my knowledge, believes that these effects are transient, not steady-state.

- - - Updated - - -

Norwood 3 to me means way more recessions and vertex thinning. Many of those guys had mature hair lines and or just very old age hair lines. Not true miniaturization. But yes you are right. Anyone can claim to be asexual so it really doesn't mean anything. Are you taking finasteride currently?

NW3 is no vertex thinning, that's NW3V. I want to say that I've seen different severities based on different image searches of the scale. No, not on finasteride currently. Right now I'm not on anything because the shedding stopped and the doctors are investigating what is wrong with me internally. Since the last visit, I think they are leaning toward adrenal or pituitary adenoma, but we are waiting to do another hormone panel first before an MRI. Those buggers are pricey.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Shedding and balding don't necessarily coincide. Are you still thinning? Photos?

I mean. When I was on finasteride I masturbated like a fiend. Sometimes 5 in one day... Didn't lose any hair because of it. But I also had a drug blocking my dht...

I have pics on a thread somewhere just search my handle and "my story". Not thinning anymore, growing back hair.

None of this was while on finasteride. I was only on finasteride a short time experimenting with it before all this happened. I was never on finasteride for a prolonged period of time. In total I would say I have only taken about 3-5 mg of finasteride, ever.

dps

Banned
Reaction score
there is no such thing as asexuals.
everybody has sexual erges, if they say they don't - they lie

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Two week update. I've had sex six times. No masturbation, very little exposure to nudity. I've taken a photo every week and will get my hair cut every three weeks for comparison purposes. So far I've thinned out a little but only in the temples. Keep strong guys!

Your results will be highly skewed by the cessation of finasteride. The effects of this will be see full throttle over the course of a year I think.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you're wrong. Many people would disagree with you.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score

I guess is a [very small]-minority. If someone claims to be asexual then there is an obvious defect in their reproductive system or on the brain-genital signals. Just imagine a woman not wetting herself when excited or a man to EVER get an erection when stimulated. It seems impossible without an altering factor.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you people should read the definition of what an asexual is before making assumptions about them. You guys are way off.

people who have no apparent sexual desires? yes, that's what we are talking about.

psychologic factors-genitalia it's all connected

maher

Banned
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see hormonal levels of asexuals.

- - - Updated - - -

OK:

"Many asexuals have had their hormones tested and have been found them to be within normal levels. Some asexuals have undergone hormone therapy for other conditions and have not reported any change in their sexual orientation. In general, asexual people do not experience any of the other signs of a hormone imbalance (hair loss, erectile dysfunction, depression, hot flashes, etc.), so even when they haven’t been specifically tested, they can be reasonably sure that their hormones are in order. Also, a loss of sexual interest due to a hormone imbalance is often sudden, while an asexual person typically has never experienced sexual attraction for their entire lives, so it’s not like anything was “lost”, because it was never there"

It actually makes sense. Its not hormones that makes us horny, its sexual behavior.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see hormonal levels of asexuals.

- - - Updated - - -

OK:

"Many asexuals have had their hormones tested and have been found them to be within normal levels. Some asexuals have undergone hormone therapy for other conditions and have not reported any change in their sexual orientation. In general, asexual people do not experience any of the other signs of a hormone imbalance (hair loss, erectile dysfunction, depression, hot flashes, etc.), so even when they haven’t been specifically tested, they can be reasonably sure that their hormones are in order. Also, a loss of sexual interest due to a hormone imbalance is often sudden, while an asexual person typically has never experienced sexual attraction for their entire lives, so it’s not like anything was “lost”, because it was never there"

It actually makes sense. Its not hormones that makes us horny, its sexual behavior.

Again, I suspect a flaw between the brain and the reproductive organs. - If it is a thing - It's mostly psychological I'm sure of that.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
I quit finasteride over three years ago champ. Once again you are wrong. Stop making assumptions you ***.

Dude, the f*ck is your problem? I thought you had quit finasteride recently because you were still talking about having PFS symptoms. I was inquiring more than trying to shut down your study. Jesus

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah PFS is lifelong you dip ****. Let's look it at like this. When you go on finasteride your testosterone increases 20 percent. Why is that? Because your body is trying to make up for the lack of binding dht. So your body increases receptors for dht but your body keeps blocking it. Then the problem happens when you quit after your body has already adjusted. Now your body has too much dht receptors. This means your body produces way less testosterone than it should and starts increasing its production of estrogen. Yet you still go bald, grow moobs, are depressed, anxious and live in a ****ing nightmare world while you struggle to survive. There is a reason why so many PFS victims commit suicide. This **** ****ing sucks. If you have taken finasteride for more than 2 years. You might as well keep ****ing taking it the rest of your life. Cause that's the best you are ever going to feel.

Nofap for one reason or another has helped tremendously with my battle. So you can just **** off. You don't even have male pattern baldness. Such a dick face.

I don't need a lecture on finasteride, I was just under the impression that you recently got off of fine. Chill the f*ck out. NoCRAP is turning you into one angry little man.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Nofap is old news. It's all about holding your shiat back now. Crapping causes hairloss so it's time to put a cork in it. Stay strong my brothers!

Ps. I know I've said it before but it's worth an encore.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Nofap is old news. It's all about holding your shiat back now. Crapping causes hairloss so it's time to put a cork in it. Stay strong my brothers!

Ps. I know I've said it before but it's worth an encore.

Because of you I say NoCRAP all the time now lol.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah PFS is lifelong you dip ****. Let's look it at like this. When you go on finasteride your testosterone increases 20 percent. Why is that? Because your body is trying to make up for the lack of binding dht. So your body increases receptors for dht but your body keeps blocking it. Then the problem happens when you quit after your body has already adjusted. Now your body has too much dht receptors. This means your body produces way less testosterone than it should and starts increasing its production of estrogen. Yet you still go bald, grow moobs, are depressed, anxious and live in a ****ing nightmare world while you struggle to survive. There is a reason why so many PFS victims commit suicide. This **** ****ing sucks. If you have taken finasteride for more than 2 years. You might as well keep ****ing taking it the rest of your life. Cause that's the best you are ever going to feel.

Nofap for one reason or another has helped tremendously with my battle. So you can just **** off. You don't even have male pattern baldness. Such a dick face.
:sulkoff:

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone who hates on the nofap movement is probably addicted
to p**rn and doesn't want to admit it that it is an addiction.

I used to think like this as well, but it's not always the case. I understand you are feisty because of withdrawal symptoms, but don't let it out on the forum please. If you really want to rant, do it in "Share Your Stories" section.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone who hates on the nofap movement is probably addicted
to p**rn and doesn't want to admit it that it is an addiction.

Anyone who practices nofap is just a christian biblethumper pushing for their religious agenda and doesn't want to admit it.