Other guys hair..

s.a.f

Reaction score
Norwood spotting:

I cant help it, I can see who's balding what stage their at and guess what they'll end up like. How long it'll take, or who's got awesome hair genetics ect.
While before my own hairloss I just saw people as either having hair or being bald, NW1,2 and even 3 were pretty much the same thing and nw5,6,7 were also the same thing.
Hairlines, density ect I never noticed any of that.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Dr Cox looks good with a buzz cut...

Dr Cox is on Propecia...

Dr. Cox: I'm not-I'm not fighting anything.

Carla: So, even though you have a full head of hair, you still take Propecia because you like the way it tastes?

How sad am I to find the script.(it took 30 seonds on google) Sill sad though.

Edit:Didn't notice Petch had already made a comment about Dr Cox and propecia earlier... :$

ali777

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
ali777 said:
Dr Cox looks good with a buzz cut...

Dr Cox is on Propecia...

Dr. Cox: I'm not-I'm not fighting anything.

Carla: So, even though you have a full head of hair, you still take Propecia because you like the way it tastes?

How sad am I to find the script.(it took 30 seonds on google) Sill sad though.

Hmmm.... I've seen every episode and I don't remember this... I guess I never paid attention to hairloss until it hit me :freaked:

On a side note, there are plenty of male pattern baldness references in the American TV shows... I can't think of a British TV show where hairloss is discussed...

In one of the "The Big Bang Theory" episodes, Leonard is about to hook up with Lesley Winkle and she asks him if he's got any medical conditions she should know of. Sheldon tells her that Leonard's family are like a box of eggs and that he probably has an male pattern baldness....

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Norwood spotting:

I cant help it, I can see who's balding what stage their at and guess what they'll end up like. How long it'll take, or who's got awesome hair genetics ect.
While before my own hairloss I just saw people as either having hair or being bald, NW1,2 and even 3 were pretty much the same thing and nw5,6,7 were also the same thing.
Hairlines, density ect I never noticed any of that.

Same here. I get happy if I see a NW2.5ish guy with a good haircut.....like I'm pulling for him or something. NW1s and 2s make me jealous, and NW3s+ fill me with dread. I also wonder who is on meds, or who might have had a hair transplant.

Unusual hairlines also pique my interest. I have a guy in one of my classes with a classic V shaped hairline but it's thick all over. You might second guess him to be receding but I snuck a peek at it up close and there's no sign of miniaturization. Also female hairlines. I'd say 90% are NW1 of course but occasionally you will see a girl with a very NW2 hairline and it just looks odd.......clearly they aren't "receding" but they will have a definite frontal island of hair with recession on the temples and even wispy hairs on them. I saw a waitress the other day who was damn near a NW3, but you could tell it was just her natural hairline.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I saw this cocky guy with this trendy little preppy faux hawk at the Kinko's/fed-x place today. I wanted to punch him out.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Wanting to attack a stranger as they have better hair. :roll:

f*****g hell I've heard it all now.

Although I am aware you probably (Hopefully) wasn't being serious UM.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I wasn't serious. But I was talking about some OTHER GUYS HAIR. I do have a hard time admiring someone just for their hair.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I saw this cocky guy with this trendy little preppy faux hawk at the Kinko's/fed-x place today. I wanted to punch him out.

That's natural. Just so long as he doesn't punch him out then he's in good shape. UM's not an *** for thinking this, and I'm sure at times he hates that these thoughts enter his mind. It's most likely the case where he'd love to be friendly to everybody but his own reservations about his hair hold him back from doing so. I'm sure that if he knew a way to overcome these feelings he would, but for right now it's something he has to work through for himself and not be chastised for it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thanx personguy. I had no right to even think that, but I'm sure if he saw me in there without my hat on he would have given me some smug look or just outright laughed (hey, it's happened to me before) in which case I would want to knock him out.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
but I'm sure if he saw me in there without my hat on he would have given me some smug look or just outright laughed (hey, it's happened to me before) in which case I would want to knock him out.

It's thoughts like that which put you in your situation. How'd you know he would have laughed? When I didn't worry about hairloss I had pretty cool hairstyles. And guys I met everyday who were bald I treated no different. There's much more to people than their hair. In Fact, a lot of the time the fact that they were bald never even registered, I look back at old pics, see how bald they were and now that my state of mind has changed (Worrying and noticing hair loss) I wonder how at the time I just never picked up on in - Or it was such a minor detail that it never sunk in that they were bald, so now I don't even remember thinking of them as bald. Another example, my uncle who I see about twice a year is bald and has been for years. - It wasn't until I started worrying about my hair that on his next visit, I even noticed he was bald.

barcafan

Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
uncomfortable man said:
but I'm sure if he saw me in there without my hat on he would have given me some smug look or just outright laughed (hey, it's happened to me before) in which case I would want to knock him out.

It's thoughts like that which put you in your situation. How'd you know he would have laughed? When I didn't worry about hairloss I had pretty cool hairstyles. And guys I met everyday who were bald I treated no different. There's much more to people than their hair. In Fact, a lot of the time the fact that they were bald never even registered, I look back at old pics, see how bald they were and now that my state of mind has changed (Worrying and noticing hair loss) I wonder how at the time I just never picked up on in - Or it was such a minor detail that it never sunk in that they were bald, so now I don't even remember thinking of them as bald. Another example, my uncle who I see about twice a year is bald and has been for years. - It wasn't until I started worrying about my hair that on his next visit, I even noticed he was bald.

Why are you trying to help? He's already made up his mind on how he wants to live.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
Thick NW1s with good styling (i.e. not sh*t haircuts or buzzed down) make me insanely jealous.

zach_braff_2.jpg

2626_407691597_patrick_dempsey_H193700_L.jpg

Makes me want to go back in time and kick my stupid former self for not having a better hairstyle when I had a lower hairline.
This is actually still achievable with Norwood 2, if styled practically. I can't believe, how good my hair looks sometimes, when it has somehow fallen into a nice haircut. I feel like conquering the world then. But most of the time I just look half-bald.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fanjeera said:
Thickandthin said:
Thick NW1s with good styling (i.e. not sh*t haircuts or buzzed down) make me insanely jealous.

zach_braff_2.jpg

2626_407691597_patrick_dempsey_H193700_L.jpg

Makes me want to go back in time and kick my stupid former self for not having a better hairstyle when I had a lower hairline.
This is actually still achievable with Norwood 2, if styled practically. I can't believe, how good my hair looks sometimes, when it has somehow fallen into a nice haircut. I feel like conquering the world then. But most of the time I just look half-bald.

That's true. I can almost pull off Zach Braff's hair if I leave the hair on the sides of the forehead down instead of spiking it up with the rest of it, thereby covering the temples.

s.a.f

Reaction score
[attachment=1:2f0025ci]tokio-hotel.jpg[/attachment:2f0025ci]

Is this guys hair even real? Metalheadude? :freaked:[attachment=0:2f0025ci]bill_20080407145545_242_500.jpg[/attachment:2f0025ci]

Attachments

• tokio-hotel.jpg
    tokio-hotel.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 218
  • bill_20080407145545_242_500.jpg
    bill_20080407145545_242_500.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 235

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I have had same experience.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
He must have naturally quite thick hair then as normally it's quite obvious as longer hair looks more thin a whispy.

Either way, his hairline hasn't changed much over the last 10 years or so then.

Longer than that. He had pretty much the same level of hairloss in Platoon, and I think that was filmed in '85 or '86.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
Wanting to attack a stranger as they have better hair. :roll:

f****ing hell I've heard it all now.

Although I am aware you probably (Hopefully) wasn't being serious UM.

I don't know... Are you familiar with his Quiznos story? If you're not, you should be, because it's f*****g hilarious.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
John C McGinley is almost 50. If I were 50, and had his hair, I wouldn't even consider f*****g with propecia.

Hecfield

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
That's true. I can almost pull off Zach Braff's hair if I leave the hair on the sides of the forehead down instead of spiking it up with the rest of it, thereby covering the temples.

I'm 90% certain that Zach Braff has had some thinning, a tiny, small amount. I just noticed it when I put my series 1 Scrubs boxset in. Its a lot thicker than it is these days. Still great though.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
I watched an episode of scrubs recently where braff was on some island and was swimming, he had his hair pulled back under direct sunlight and it looked thick as hell.
If hes thinning theres no hope for the rest of us..