Oral Steroid Made My Hair Grow Back Thicker!

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, Lonitab works. They might have 10mg and you could quarter those.

I derma roll 1x a week at 1.5mm, which is pretty standard. I have applied topicals afterwards and I think it depends on the drug. Since RU is not going to improve its efficacy by going systemic, I don’t think putting it on right after is going to improve its effectiveness. But minoxidil seems to be more effective the more systemic it goes, so needling probably helps that. SomebodyAlex on YouTube derma rolls a few days a week - but he does it very lightly to avoid bleeding. This might help minoxidil absorption the most. He has had crazy regrowth.
Would you apply Minoxidil immediately after Microneedling? I've read some people like to wait a day or more after Microneedling to avoid it possibly going systemic which could result in a higher probability of side effects.

I've just watched SomebodyAlex YouTube video now and damn, I genuinely thought he had a hair system on because his hair now looks way better and thicker now, which much better density than it was even when he was much younger.

Then he dermarolled on it and I doubt it could have been a hair system because it probably would have been pulled off. But it was good to see how he derma rolled.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you apply Minoxidil immediately after Microneedling? I've read some people like to wait a day or more after Microneedling to avoid it possibly going systemic which could result in a higher probability of side effects.

I've just watched SomebodyAlex YouTube video now and damn, I genuinely thought he had a hair system on because his hair now looks way better and thicker now, which much better density than it was even when he was much younger.

Then he dermarolled on it and I doubt it could have been a hair system because it probably would have been pulled off. But it was good to see how he derma rolled.
I’ve never had any issues applying minoxidil after needling, but I understand the precaution to wait too. Nothing wrong with heeding caution and waiting a day or two.

Yep his hair is incredible. Basically went from a NW3-4 to a NW1-2. He does the standard big 3, except he does his needling in a unique way. My guess is that it really helps the minoxidil absorb better and he also happens to be a hyper responder to the drugs.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve never had any issues applying minoxidil after needling, but I understand the precaution to wait too. Nothing wrong with heeding caution and waiting a day or two.

Yep his hair is incredible. Basically went from a NW3-4 to a NW1-2. He does the standard big 3, except he does his needling in a unique way. My guess is that it really helps the minoxidil absorb better and he also happens to be a hyper responder to the drugs.

Have you seen this:

Thread 'Group Buy: ARV-110 PROTAC+ WAY-200070 ERb Agonist' https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...arv-110-protac-way-200070-erb-agonist.134445/

Looks really promising and might be better than everything we've been discussing.

Also, it would be far cheaper.

ARV-110 would cost $130 for a 2 year supply

And WAY200070 is also $130 which will aslo last a really really long time.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you seen this:

Thread 'Group Buy: ARV-110 PROTAC+ WAY-200070 ERb Agonist' https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...arv-110-protac-way-200070-erb-agonist.134445/

Looks really promising and might be better than everything we've been discussing.

Also, it would be far cheaper.

ARV-110 would cost $130 for a 2 year supply

And WAY200070 is also $130 which will aslo last a really really long time.
I have. Kevin recently did a video on WAY. But I’m gonna wait to see if it actually works first.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have. Kevin recently did a video on WAY. But I’m gonna wait to see if it actually works first.
Kevin who? Do you have a link?

Yeah I find it quite suspicious that no one besides one guy posted their results of SMI-6 on this website as yet.

If it were really all that good we'd see people posting everywhere and wanting to actively share the good results everywhere.

Although I think it's kind of early still as most people probably didn't use it for more than 3 months, and no one used it for 6 month.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kevin who? Do you have a link?

Yeah I find it quite suspicious that no one besides one guy posted their results of SMI-6 on this website as yet.

If it were really all that good we'd see people posting everywhere and wanting to actively share the good results everywhere.

Although I think it's kind of early still as most people probably didn't use it for more than 3 months, and no one used it for 6 month.
Haircafe on YouTube, Kevin Mann.

In theory it looks good but the most important thing is results. We’ll see in time.

hopeful24

Reaction score
I think what's also important to note is that the significance of finasteride and its effect on hair loss (as well as other things.. like my frequent urination) is not related to DHT. It's related to 5AR. 5AR has far more significance than DHT in relation to hair loss... and it's because it affects so many other steroid concentrations when it's suddenly inhibited by finasteride.

Sorry to dredge up one of your old posts but you're the first person that's come close to understanding by experiencing frequent urination like I have. In my 20s I never had frequent urination until I turned 30 when I finally got on the big three and started taking them all at the same time. In retrospect I wish I took each one separately for a few months as a trial phase to see how my body would respond to them. For the first couple of years when I started out I took 2.5ml of finasteride daily, nizoral twice a week and minoxidil foam twice a day. I eventually went down to 1.25ml for the finasteride and kept everything the same. This whole time I've had frequent urination and I seem to be the only one out there.

For the last 10 years (just turned 40) that I've been on the big three. I've had frequent urination (with the need to pee about every 1-2hrs) consistently and I've never been able to figure out why. I've researched and researched and seen dermatologists and numerous urologists where they've run all kinds of tests (most recently a urine flow test) and all the results have been normal. I've stopped the big three one at a time for a few months to see if one was maybe responsible but all to no avail.

The last thing for me to do would be to stop all three at the same time but that's a bridge I'm too afraid to cross. I'm not sure if this would even revert the frequent urination but I'm afraid that if it does, it would be at the cost of losing my hair that I've been able to maintain on the big three and that's a tough permanent decision that I don't think I'll be able to make (I like my hair too damn much:).

Although I truly believe somehow being on the big three have mucked up something inside of me to cause this. I guess this is the cost that I'll have to live with or until I get lucky and get answers one of these days.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started microneedling mid December when I saw the results a guy on reddit got. I'm getting close to the third month and my hair certainly feels and looks denser, so I definitely think something is happening. I think it's too early to tell how effective it will be, though. The guy on reddit didn't start really seeing anything happen until after the third month. But after about 6 months, he pretty much regrew an entire head of hair. I'm not great with classifying it on a Norwood scale, but his loss was pretty extensive...like a 5 or a 6. After about 9 months that full coverage he attained became even denser and it truly looked spectacular. You would never know the guy had ever been bald in any way.

As far as finasteride and DHT, I would consider myself someone who most would say are extremely sensitive to DHT. I started losing at an early age (17) profusely. Without my change in diet, I can tell you with certainty that I would resume that nasty process and my scalp would burn, itch, and be inflamed.
Which type of Microneedling device do you use or recommend? And do you use any Topical when Microneedling?

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, to actually speak on original topic— Oxandrolone/Anavar. I finally received my shipment. So I’m on day 3 of “cycle”
This will coincide w) YMCA workouts.
I will see if it thickens hair or not. If it increases strength & cuts fat. All that would be welcome. They sent me the Oxandrolone & tabs of v****, Vanal 20? & tamoxifen to boot.. Rather take this than Spirolactone. Anyway I take milk thistle already should be harmless for a month.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil, Duasteride, Finasteride sadly don’t work… Although I have them they are not enough.. that’s why I keep on trying new things.. some not even in these forums… Today after one guy posted about men “sweat” more than women, I thought that’s probably right. I have always had oily skin. Wouldn’t it be something if that’s part of the answer.
So as we speak I’m doing about 10 different things at once. My hair looks better, but I have to shower & take photos to truly offer a “cure”. I’ve ruled out a number of modalities.. & now I’m looking at mild steroids I’ve never taken before.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I already microneedle and do topical min. Microneedling seems to cause even more inflammation around my hairline though.
Idk about RU I haven't seen many success stories. Do you have any history with RU?
How is ur hair bro?

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s ok but not satisfied… Oral steroid doesn’t hurt. I just used 20mg a day. Or 2 little pills in the 100 packet. It’s not the answer all by itself. You should only take it in a cycle then stop.. So it’s not an everyday thing. Perhaps I need to take more, but I’m trying so many things I’ll have to think it through if I up the dosage. At least I can get it if I want it.

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
This thread is fascinating

If this is true - then he regrew hair because Anavar suppresses cortisol.

Spironolactone also regrows hair by suppressing cortisol,
even though it stops androgens, it stops cortisol 10 times more than androgens

Cortisol causes baldness in some men. Not all men. In some it does.

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil, Duasteride, Finasteride sadly don’t work… Although I have them they are not enough.. that’s why I keep on trying new things.. some not even in these forums… Today after one guy posted about men “sweat” more than women, I thought that’s probably right. I have always had oily skin. Wouldn’t it be something if that’s part of the answer.
So as we speak I’m doing about 10 different things at once. My hair looks better, but I have to shower & take photos to truly offer a “cure”. I’ve ruled out a number of modalities.. & now I’m looking at mild steroids I’ve never taken before.

every thought maybe cortisol/aldosterone causes baldness?

That would explain the correlation between baldness/heart disease and high blood pressure - cortisol and aldosterone.

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't want to get rid of 5AR expression. In fact, if you could flip a switch and increase expression of 5AR in the brain, this would cause an increase in steroid synthesis, an increase in aromatase expression, and would likely have a very positive effect on hair growth. 5AR is only a problem when it's overexpressed in places we don't want it (like the hair follicle). However, it's an absolute necessity in many other areas of the body which include sexual tissues, mucosal and digestive tissues, and kidney and liver tissue.

Anavar works mostly through stopping cortisol/aldosterone production

Ever thought that in some men, baldness is caused by cortisol? It makes more sense than the DHT theory

oddmood

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is kind of easy to test since there are a lot of steroid users which posts pictures of themselves, just google(Images) for "anavar or Oxandrolone before after". You will find hundreds of results, look at their hairlines. Personally, I don't see any differences and don't be fooled by guys who had buzzcut and long hair in after picture.
Just a few quick examples.

Caovon3XEAA4twG?format=jpg.jpg

anavar-only-cycle-results.png

l22JR_LSr_afOC5V24OUb--yA-t8wg1jBHBKijZOf4o.jpg

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
This is kind of easy to test since there are a lot of steroid users which posts pictures of themselves, just google(Images) for "anavar or Oxandrolone before after". You will find hundreds of results, look at their hairlines. Personally, I don't see any differences and don't be fooled by guys who had buzzcut and long hair in after picture.
Just a few quick examples.

View attachment 179802

View attachment 179803

View attachment 179804

Were they using Anavar?

I didn't think anavar built muscle.

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
would topical Anavar work?

Dissolved in vodka for best absorption?

Did the people in this thread ever reach a conclusion of what Anavar raises/lowers?

fuggles

Established Member
Reaction score
So,I was fascinated about Anavar/Oxandrolone. Why did Davy Weir report hair thickening.
Anavar is a DHT-derivative, so it doesn’t convert to DHT, however it can still cause hair loss in sensitive individuals. Some users however notice the OPPOSITE and that their hair actually grows thicker on anavar.
Why?
Because anavar is classed as a very mild steroid, in a study performed in 1999 it was shown that just 15mg of the drug decreased natural testosterone levels by nearly 40%.
Maybe because it decreases Testosterone by 40% while building muscle & decreasing fat..
Hmmmmmm…

wikipedia says finasteride and dutasteride increase scalp testosterone by 100%

Once daily dosage of 0.5 mg Dutasteride increases serum Testosterone levels by 19 to 26% and scalp Testosterone levels by 99%