Oral Steroid Made My Hair Grow Back Thicker!

sonofvegeta

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you explain the process by which it causes hair loss?

Thanks
i cannot, way above my pay grade but a quick google search you will find a bunch of peer reviwed articles, most of the anabolic ones cause. there are a few that do not one i can think of is tren . or i might have those two switched up.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i cannot, way above my pay grade but a quick google search you will find a bunch of peer reviwed articles, most of the anabolic ones cause. there are a few that do not one i can think of is tren . or i might have those two switched up.
I don't doubt you. Are there any commonly used male steroids that don't cause hair loss? Barry Bonds lost all of his and note, his head grew several sizes. Some of this is probably rooted in head growth stretching out tissue. Big foreheads are a type of visible aspect of this phenomenon.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't doubt you. Are there any commonly used male steroids that don't cause hair loss? Barry Bonds lost all of his and note, his head grew several sizes. Some of this is probably rooted in head growth stretching out tissue. Big foreheads are a type of visible aspect of this phenomenon.
Yes nandrolone is said to be harmless for hair. Some guys even say it's beneficial (because the metabolite of nandrolone is way weaker than dht, and nandrolone is by itself a weak androgen despite of being very anabolic)

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anavar is sold 10mg & 50mg I believe for bodybuilders. So guy who originated post was one. They have doses lower like 2.5mg- that can be taken up to 4 times a day.
I’m not the expert, but I understand it’s like 6 weeks or so on, then stop.
I’m getting the 10mg dose. I could use some more energy so I’ll see if it agrees with my system—should know fairly quickly.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anavar is sold 10mg & 50mg I believe for bodybuilders. So guy who originated post was one. They have doses lower like 2.5mg- that can be taken up to 4 times a day.
I’m not the expert, but I understand it’s like 6 weeks or so on, then stop.
I’m getting the 10mg dose. I could use some more energy so I’ll see if it agrees with my system—should know fairly quickly.
I learned most from SI and the huge Bonds expose. He used something called the "clear" and clomid to mask or return to baseline apparently. The head growth should make everyone pause since heads don't appear to ungrow. This seems to be actually bone growth and that would explain almost all of male pattern baldness if the tensions theories are even in the ballpark. Everyone should consider botox for masseter reduction to reduce scalp tension. I get it regularly but after a while, the muscles stop developing. Bruxism and harder chewing might exacerbate hair loss.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me I ordered Oxandrolone. Said it’s shipped w) tracking/customs #. Looks like it coming from Germany, but hasn’t been scanned in USA.

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we all know that each of us often responds differently to the same drug and this comes down to genetic differences in enzyme expression, enzyme structure, and receptor expression and structure among a few other variables.

It's my opinion that people who experience sheds on either finasteride or dutasteride fit into one of the following categories:

1. Susceptibility to HPTA dysregulation caused high serum estrogens caused by lack of 5AR expression, ultimately causing reduction in steroidogenesis and aromatase expression which results in an insufficiency of estrogenic activity in the skin and hair follicles.

2. Difference in gene expression that causes finasteride or dutasteride to be ineffective at binding 5AR in the skin/hair follicle (whether protein structure differences in 5AR enzyme or some other interfering influence). So, imagine that maybe for some reason, dutasteride is ineffective at binding SRD5A2 due to some unique genetic difference in enzyme structure (or some other external influence which regulates the ability of a ligand to bind SRD5A2), but dutasteride is still effective at binding type 1 and type 3 5AR... then you would still experience a systemic increase in testosterone from inhibition of those isoforms, but in the skin/hair follicle you would actually be experiencing higher than normal DHT synthesis since the dutasteride is ineffective in binding 5AR there (for whatever reason that may be).
I commented on this thread in the beginning. I ended up quitting finasteride 2 years ago because of massive shedding and changing hair texture. The first couple months after quitting was the best my hair ever looked. My hair returned to its original thick and coarse texture and also my crown and scalp have recovered. But my hairline has gotten much much worse.
Any theories on why my hair improved a lot after quitting finasteride initially? And do you have any ideas on how I can save my hairline. Currently on minoxidil for the past couple years.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I commented on this thread in the beginning. I ended up quitting finasteride 2 years ago because of massive shedding and changing hair texture. The first couple months after quitting was the best my hair ever looked. My hair returned to its original thick and coarse texture and also my crown and scalp have recovered. But my hairline has gotten much much worse.
Any theories on why my hair improved a lot after quitting finasteride initially? And do you have any ideas on how I can save my hairline. Currently on minoxidil for the past couple years.
Microneedling and/or oral minoxidil, RU

rippedgenius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Both. OM from AllDayChemist (you can also drink topical instead to save money) and RU from Anageninc.
I'm going to do something similar but instead of oral Min, continue topical but introduce RU at a low dose.

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling and/or oral minoxidil, RU
I already microneedle and do topical min. Microneedling seems to cause even more inflammation around my hairline though.
Idk about RU I haven't seen many success stories. Do you have any history with RU?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Both. OM from AllDayChemist (you can also drink topical instead to save money) and RU from Anageninc.
I have a few Questions:

A) Oral Minoxidil:

1) What is the price of Oral Minoxidil from AllDayChemist? I don't seem to see it listed there. Is there another name its called?

2) What dose do you take for Oral Minoxidil? I read some places say 2.5mg is recommended, and some say the 2.5mg should be cut in quarters.

(I know high doses can be risky)

3) How often do you use Oral Minoxidil and in what quantity?

B) RU58841:

4) What % RU do you take from Anageninc, 5% or 8%?

5) Which Carrier do you use from Anageninc, the KB Solution or the Ethanol + PG Solution?

6) Do you buy the solution form or the powder form from Anageninc?

7) How often do you use RU and in what quantity?

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a few Questions:

A) Oral Minoxidil:

1) What is the price of Oral Minoxidil from AllDayChemist? I don't seem to see it listed there. Is there another name its called?

2) What dose do you take for Oral Minoxidil? I read some places say 2.5mg is recommended, and some say the 2.5mg should be cut in quarters.

(I know high doses can be risky)

3) How often do you use Oral Minoxidil and in what quantity?

B) RU58841:

4) What % RU do you take from Anageninc, 5% or 8%?

5) Which Carrier do you use from Anageninc, the KB Solution or the Ethanol + PG Solution?

6) Do you buy the solution form or the powder form from Anageninc?

7) How often do you use RU and in what quantity?
I have like a year's supply of OM on hand. I think it cost around 150. The brand is Loniten. I have taken various doses but I think 2.5mg is probably good enough to get some regrowth while minimizing sides. For myself, I don't see much additional benefit going much beyond that. If you are seeing dosages of 0.1-1mg of OM, that is a typical female dosage. I use it in the morning daily. I think if you use it right before bed you are more likely to have bags when you wake up.

I started with RU at 5% but I tolerated that just fine for the first couple months and went up to 8%, still no sides for me. I get it premixed in the KB solution. PG is horrible for my scalp; when I used liquid minoxidil (which has PG) it made my hair worse because a "skin" stuck to my scalp and I could barely get it scrubbed off. KB doesn't do that to me. The powder is probably a better idea in terms of preserving its shelf life if you are willing to mix it and all that. I don't have the time to make a concoction, and I know Derek from MPMD has used the premixed with success. The biggest difference I have noticed with RU is a reduced itch. It's not going to give you significant regrowth, but it may reduce shedding and help you maintain. I would say it's something to apply in your most androgen-sensitive areas. I use it twice a day because it is supposed to have a very short half life of about 1 hour. I use about 0.5mL each application.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have like a year's supply of OM on hand. I think it cost around 150. The brand is Loniten. I have taken various doses but I think 2.5mg is probably good enough to get some regrowth while minimizing sides. For myself, I don't see much additional benefit going much beyond that. If you are seeing dosages of 0.1-1mg of OM, that is a typical female dosage. I use it in the morning daily. I think if you use it right before bed you are more likely to have bags when you wake up.

I started with RU at 5% but I tolerated that just fine for the first couple months and went up to 8%, still no sides for me. I get it premixed in the KB solution. PG is horrible for my scalp; when I used liquid minoxidil (which has PG) it made my hair worse because a "skin" stuck to my scalp and I could barely get it scrubbed off. KB doesn't do that to me. The powder is probably a better idea in terms of preserving its shelf life if you are willing to mix it and all that. I don't have the time to make a concoction, and I know Derek from MPMD has used the premixed with success. The biggest difference I have noticed with RU is a reduced itch. It's not going to give you significant regrowth, but it may reduce shedding and help you maintain. I would say it's something to apply in your most androgen-sensitive areas. I use it twice a day because it is supposed to have a very short half life of about 1 hour. I use about 0.5mL each application.
Thank you for answering my questions, I have a lot of more understanding now about those 2.

I see on AllDayChemist that that they don't have "Loniten" but the generic of it called "Lonitab". Are you sure your brand name you acquired from AllDayChemist isn't actually "Lonitab"?

Not sure if Lonitab is reliable...

I've attached a screenshot of the website.

$68 for 90x 5mg tablets of Lonitab.

So buying double that and cutting it in half, which is what I assume you do, would give you a 1 year supply of 2.5mg once every day.

Also, you mentioned Microneedling. Which Microneedling device do you use? how often do you use it? mm depth? And do you apply your topical (is it RU instead of topical Minoxidil ?) before or after Microneedling? And how long before or after Microneedling do you apply your topical?

Once again, thank you for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate it it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918_190155_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210918_190155_com.android.chrome.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 89

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for answering my questions, I have a lot of more understanding now about those 2.

I see on AllDayChemist that that they don't have "Loniten" but the generic of it called "Lonitab". Are you sure your brand name you acquired from AllDayChemist isn't actually "Lonitab"?

Not sure if Lonitab is reliable...

I've attached a screenshot of the website.

$68 for 90x 5mg tablets of Lonitab.

So buying double that and cutting it in half, which is what I assume you do, would give you a 1 year supply of 2.5mg once every day.

Also, you mentioned Microneedling. Which Microneedling device do you use? how often do you use it? mm depth? And do you apply your topical (is it RU instead of topical Minoxidil ?) before or after Microneedling? And how long before or after Microneedling do you apply your topical?

Once again, thank you for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate it it.
Yes, Lonitab works. They might have 10mg and you could quarter those.

I derma roll 1x a week at 1.5mm, which is pretty standard. I have applied topicals afterwards and I think it depends on the drug. Since RU is not going to improve its efficacy by going systemic, I don’t think putting it on right after is going to improve its effectiveness. But minoxidil seems to be more effective the more systemic it goes, so needling probably helps that. SomebodyAlex on YouTube derma rolls a few days a week - but he does it very lightly to avoid bleeding. This might help minoxidil absorption the most. He has had crazy regrowth.