Oral Steroid Made My Hair Grow Back Thicker!

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think with addison's, it could go either way. For an older woman with addison's, hair loss is pretty much inevitable because the problem that is causing them to be unable to create adrenal hormones is also causing them to be unable to create DHEA, androgens, and estrogens.. and this is pretty much the only supply of steroids for a woman during and after menopause. A younger woman with addison's may still have a decent head of hair because they're still producing ovarian steroids.

For men with addison's, it's probably about the same as women, but not quite as bad because I think men likely retain more testicular secretion of steroids as they age than women do ovarian secretion.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think with addison's, it could go either way. For an older woman with addison's, hair loss is pretty much inevitable because the problem that is causing them to be unable to create adrenal hormones is also causing them to be unable to create DHEA, androgens, and estrogens.. and this is pretty much the only supply of steroids for a woman during and after menopause. A younger woman with addison's may still have a decent head of hair because they're still producing ovarian steroids.

For men with addison's, it's probably about the same as women, but not quite as bad because I think men likely retain more testicular secretion of steroids as they age than women do ovarian secretion.

Dude you are so full of knowledge it’s insane. If all the passionate member of hairlosstalk could just meet up in a fat auditorium and get paid monthly. We could cure this damn disease in 6 months. Lol

2 billion dollars of funding

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude you are so full of knowledge it’s insane. If all the passionate member of hairlosstalk could just meet up in a fat auditorium and get paid monthly. We could cure this damn disease in 6 months. Lol

2 billion dollars of funding
I've been doing this for awhile.. I've used my body as a lab for experimentation or over a decade, so that helps. I have a background in synthetic chemistry as well. If I had financial resources, I think I probably could have already developed an effective way to treat this disease with the help of other professionals that are well versed in methods of biochemistry.

I've actually already developed a drug.. it's very similar to dutasteride (technically, it's functionally identical), but I developed it to only work in tissues where it can be activated. So, it is essentially a shielded version of dutasteride that is physiologically inactive in the body unless activated from a device externally. With no financial resources or spectroscopic equipment, though, repeated testing of a compound for functionality would be expensive. I can have the compound made in china for around $2500, but then I need to verify the structure through mass spec, NMR, and HPLC. Then, I would have to set up a test matrix of probably somewhere between 50-100 test samples, perform proof of concept outside the body, and then perform HPLC on those samples to determine which sample to move forward with. Only then could I possibly test on the body and if that doesn't work out, the compound needs to be revised to alter function and the whole process starts all over. Not easy for one person to do, but no problem for a company with resources.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been doing this for awhile.. I've used my body as a lab for experimentation or over a decade, so that helps. I have a background in synthetic chemistry as well. If I had financial resources, I think I probably could have already developed an effective way to treat this disease with the help of other professionals that are well versed in methods of biochemistry.

I've actually already developed a drug.. it's very similar to dutasteride (technically, it's functionally identical), but I developed it to only work in tissues where it can be activated. So, it is essentially a shielded version of dutasteride that is physiologically inactive in the body unless activated from a device externally. With no financial resources or spectroscopic equipment, though, repeated testing of a compound for functionality would be expensive. I can have the compound made in china for around $2500, but then I need to verify the structure through mass spec, NMR, and HPLC. Then, I would have to set up a test matrix of probably somewhere between 50-100 test samples, perform proof of concept outside the body, and then perform HPLC on those samples to determine which sample to move forward with. Only then could I possibly test on the body and if that doesn't work out, the compound needs to be revised to alter function and the whole process starts all over. Not easy for one person to do, but no problem for a company with resources.

Why don’t u get funding? Why not start a new biz model.

Look at those guys like hims and keeps selling Propecia like they don’t have to worry about lawsuit. so easy to get now.

They got millions in funding.

You could start off like them but with r and focused future

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don’t u get funding? Why not start a new biz model.

Look at those guys like hims and keeps selling Propecia like they don’t have to worry about lawsuit. so easy to get now.

They got millions in funding.

You could start off like them but with r and focused future
I guess it can be difficult to find people that are interested in throwing money into what could potentially be a black hole lol.. especially with anything related to hair loss. Also, getting people to understand why finasteride and dutasteride can't ever work effectively and why we need to be able to target very specifically where the drug interacts with the body can be difficult. It's difficult enough explaining it on this forum. Quite often, people confuse the desire to control where the drug is active in the body with the desire to eliminate side effects. It's not at all for that reason.. no side effects just happens to be part of the nature of a drug that could do that. The real reason for a drug that can be controlled in that manner is because it makes the drug more effective.. for all the reasons I've been talking about on this forum.

Regardless, I always have my eyes open for anyone I may encounter that could help in that regard. Likewise, I would hope that anyone reading this would contact me if they encounter someone who has the resources to take on such an endeavor.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess it can be difficult to find people that are interested in throwing money into what could potentially be a black hole lol.. especially with anything related to hair loss. Also, getting people to understand why finasteride and dutasteride can't ever work effectively and why we need to be able to target very specifically where the drug interacts with the body can be difficult. It's difficult enough explaining it on this forum. Quite often, people confuse the desire to control where the drug is active in the body with the desire to eliminate side effects. It's not at all for that reason.. no side effects just happens to be part of the nature of a drug that could do that. The real reason for a drug that can be controlled in that manner is because it makes the drug more effective.. for all the reasons I've been talking about on this forum.

Regardless, I always have my eyes open for anyone I may encounter that could help in that regard. Likewise, I would hope that anyone reading this would contact me if they encounter someone who has the resources to take on such an endeavor.
Mind if I ask where you are located ?

Also look at this. Anyone who uses tretinoin is wreaking havoc. It might beneficial at ultra low doses for penetration but overall u want super low low low use of this stuff
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20685100

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mind if I ask where you are located ?

Also look at this. Anyone who uses tretinoin is wreaking havoc. It might beneficial at ultra low doses for penetration but overall u want super low low low use of this stuff
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20685100
I'm currently living in Louisville, KY USA.

I can also attest that retinoic acid will cause hair to fall out. I've used it topically and orally. I used orally it a decade ago when I had acne and while it got rid of acne, it definitely made my hair dry, thin, and wispy and it caused me to lose quite a lot of hair.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm currently living in Louisville, KY USA.

I can also attest that retinoic acid will cause hair to fall out. I've used it topically and orally. I used orally it a decade ago when I had acne and while it got rid of acne, it definitely made my hair dry, thin, and wispy and it caused me to lose quite a lot of hair.

If I have time I might throw up a site detailing all this knowledge.

Ya it’s bad for hair. Btw does castor oil give u acne?

Better yet does aromatase cause acne ?

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I have time I might throw up a site detailing all this knowledge.

Ya it’s bad for hair. Btw does castor oil give u acne?

Better yet does aromatase cause acne ?
I would like to say that it doesn't, but I don't really know. Taking finasteride, at one point caused acne to increase for me. But as I got older, this stopped occurring. In fact, finasteride, during it's "window" made my skin look amazing (particularly the face)... made it incredibly smooth and made the pores tiny.. the color and skin tone was amazing.

I think something else causes acne, but it may be that "something else" in combination with estrogens that causes acne. People think DHT is responsible for acne.. I don't believe that either because my DHT is reasonably high in the skin at the moment and I have no acne. There's something else involved with acne that I think requires either estrogens or DHT or maybe even both to actually be acne. Estrogens ARE growth hormones, so it could be a combination of the growth promoting properties of estrogen, oil promoting properties of androgens, and some mechanism that controls keritinization which is exacerbated by, perhaps, the estrogens.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to say that it doesn't, but I don't really know. Taking finasteride, at one point caused acne to increase for me. But as I got older, this stopped occurring. In fact, finasteride, during it's "window" made my skin look amazing (particularly the face)... made it incredibly smooth and made the pores tiny.. the color and skin tone was amazing.

I think something else causes acne, but it may be that "something else" in combination with estrogens that causes acne. People think DHT is responsible for acne.. I don't believe that either because my DHT is reasonably high in the skin at the moment and I have no acne. There's something else involved with acne that I think requires either estrogens or DHT or maybe even both to actually be acne. Estrogens ARE growth hormones, so it could be a combination of the growth promoting properties of estrogen, oil promoting properties of androgens, and some mechanism that controls keritinization which is exacerbated by, perhaps, the estrogens.

For me finesteride has cleared up my scalp and back acne like magic. I don’t think dht causes acne but it increases sebum excretion. And that could lead to cystic acne which I had on my back and it was awful. I showered everyday and scrubbed and it just wouldn’t go. Now I get maybe one pimple in the back in a week versus everyday. One thing tho it’s numbed my balls a bit and dried out the skin there a little. I wonder if low dose test cream would be good to maintain the vitality of my appendage while keeping the benefits of finasteride. I still have insane libido but it’s def reduced which I am actually happy about

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me finesteride has cleared up my scalp and back acne like magic. I don’t think dht causes acne but it increases sebum excretion. And that could lead to cystic acne which I had on my back and it was awful. I showered everyday and scrubbed and it just wouldn’t go. Now I get maybe one pimple in the back in a week versus everyday.

Yeah.. I think, basically, estrogen along with another hormone may be causing excess keritinization and the mixture of skin and oil produced are suitable for bacteria. So, you basically end up with a mixture of bacteria infested skin and oil. In fact, I think acne and keratosis pilaris (KP) are actually the same thing.. the difference is that with KP, there is no oil production, so you end up with what is kind of like acne, but consists mostly of bumps of dead skin.

One thing tho it’s numbed my balls a bit and dried out the skin there a little. I wonder if low dose test cream would be good to maintain the vitality of my appendage while keeping the benefits of finasteride. I still have insane libido but it’s def reduced which I am actually happy about

I would actually not advise testosterone cream. It would actually make the problem worse. Your balls feel numb because they're aromatizing a lot of the testosterone that's being produced. Trust me.. I've totally wiped out my 5AR and then injected testosterone. I couldn't even feel my gear after doing that... totally numb and totally useless.. and pretty scary haha.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah.. I think, basically, estrogen along with another hormone may be causing excess keritinization and the mixture of skin and oil produced are suitable for bacteria. So, you basically end up with a mixture of bacteria infested skin and oil. In fact, I think acne and keratosis pilaris (KP) are actually the same thing.. the difference is that with KP, there is no oil production, so you end up with what is kind of like acne, but consists mostly of bumps of dead skin.

I would actually not advise testosterone cream. It would actually make the problem worse. Your balls feel numb because they're aromatizing a lot of the testosterone that's being produced. Trust me.. I've totally wiped out my 5AR and then injected testosterone. I couldn't even feel my gear after doing that... totally numb and totally useless.. and pretty scary haha.

So a ultra low dose topical aromatase inhibitor that degrades quickly periodically applied?

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That could work. Everything goes systemic to an extent, but if most of it stays local, you'll likely not notice much of an effect elsewhere in the body.

Do you know how stable zinc is in the body?

I might actually start supplementing copper cause zinc apparently inhibits aromatase very well.

Or he’ll throw on some head and shoulders on the penis it has zinc pyrthiione lol

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the biggest problems, though, is that in order for a drug to have an effect, it needs to enter the bloodstream and be carried to the site where it's needed... it needs to go intracellular. But if it's in the blood, the concentration will be diffused and then you'll need a higher concentration to have any noticeable effect. Which is exactly why I've developed the drug the way I have.. I needs to be in the blood to make it into the hair follicle.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the biggest problems, though, is that in order for a drug to have an effect, it needs to enter the bloodstream and be carried to the site where it's needed... it needs to go intracellular. But if it's in the blood, the concentration will be diffused and then you'll need a higher concentration to have any noticeable effect. Which is exactly why I've developed the drug the way I have.. I needs to be in the blood to make it into the hair follicle.

That makes sense. Liposomes I guess are the best bet.

We should im sometime. Throw more ideas back and forth at each other.

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know how stable zinc is in the body?

I might actually start supplementing copper cause zinc apparently inhibits aromatase very well.

Or he’ll throw on some head and shoulders on the penis it has zinc pyrthiione lol
I think zinc inhibits both aromatase and 5AR... and probably other enzymes as well. I think it's mechanism is related to its ability to interfere with NADPH as a cofactor in enzymatic metabolism.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think zinc inhibits both aromatase and 5AR... and probably other enzymes as well. I think it's mechanism is related to its ability to interfere with NADPH as a cofactor in enzymatic metabolism.

Interesting. Do you know aromatase is expressed heavily in beards??

As for my forskolin treatment if I am right about it increasing aromatase expression based on studies. This guys side effect experience with headaches falls in line

Attachments

• 23E53545-D322-4CD4-84B8-25A54FE13F70.png
    23E53545-D322-4CD4-84B8-25A54FE13F70.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. Do you know aromatase is expressed heavily in beards??

As for my forskolin treatment if I am right about it increasing aromatase expression based on studies. This guys side effect experience with headaches falls in line
It is expressed in beards. I'm not sure the extent to which it's expressed compared to the scalp, though.