Oral Steroid Made My Hair Grow Back Thicker!

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I attached a photo see below
This is 3.5 months on finasteride and randomly applying alfatradiol on temples and randomly applying castor oil and recently started scalycic acid scrub.

Top is before.
Bottoms is after

Way more baby hairs. But have little cosmetic value. Idk if they have to potential to become thicker and go terminal. cause I hear many people get these and they never go terminal. But then again for some those could’ve already been there cause lighting makes a huge difference

Also the dexamethasone I found out reduces fibrosis or collagen bundles which were found to be increased in balding scalp by 4 times. And this could be the more likely reason regrowth becomes to difficult. The collagen is taking up that space.

One thing I noticed is my scalp that has hair on it tends to be thin. While the area I have lost hair it seems the skin has thickened up. Even though I read a study that said the opposite happens in balding. I legit checked out my mothers scalp who has no hairloss and her scalp skin is very thin.

I mean this starts to make me think fibrosis is the issue which many people talk about. I mean of all the things it makes sense

But I did read once that hair follicle that was miniaturizing transplanted to another location still continued to miniaturize. But that could be because it received the signal to continue to miniaturize so it keeps it up until the signal is interrupted.

I mean it’s actully quite logical to ask ourselves if some reaction is occurring that miniaturized the hair follicle. What happens when the hair follicle is completely shrunk to non existence. Something must happen to the skin at that point cause that’s all that remains and a dormant follicle. Those collagen bundles are probably it. And in the study they say elastic fibers to be more specific is what’s increased in balding scalp

I do know that retinol especially oral retinal(accurate) induced hair shedding.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0923181107004082

I’ve heard of sun regrowing hair. Which destroys collagen bundles.

But one last piece of powerful info
In a disease called Costello disease which has caused many defects one to take notice is the degeneration of elastic fibers. They have loose skin.
https://www.deepdyve.com/lp/wiley/elastic-fiber-degeneration-in-costello-syndrome-eKU2vIEA5f

Now look at the screenshot I attached these guys with this disease may have bad quality hair due to another mechanism of the disease but like 99% of every example including adults have super low or perfect hair lines with little recession if even. The hairline density may be weak in some but the hair is there.

Dare I say it, Fibrosis is the f****r of them all! What causes it is the answer

Whatever causes the fibrosis also signals the hair follicle to shrink. Or it could be indirect. So in cases where fiensteride stops working it’s not cause of any androgen upregulation or some timed insensitivity. It’s the fibrosis that has continued to build up.

We need to gather data on what causes fibrosis everything.

And if that isn’t enough for you to believe scleroderma is a disease that’s characterized by thinking and fibrosis of the skin in specific regions and more particularly the back. I have attached a photo where the thickening of the skin is completely without any body hair like absolutely perfect. It literally looks like male pattern baldness on the back lol.

I attached another photo of treatment of scleroderma all things that have also shown some success in male pattern baldness

I now believe in fibrosis being the biggest player in this more than ever

The scalp is liferally transforming. And restructuring itself to suit what it wants, a bald head due to strictly genetic expression or some inflammatory marker.
Drop the mic

Attachments

• 0917C0CD-AFC2-40A3-9432-1289CEE111FC.jpeg
    0917C0CD-AFC2-40A3-9432-1289CEE111FC.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 381
  • 268E6894-418D-4DA9-9F90-CD6F3AD8EBBC.png
    268E6894-418D-4DA9-9F90-CD6F3AD8EBBC.png
    307.1 KB · Views: 370
  • 69CF5D4A-BA13-46C6-88F5-32979D64D0BB.png
    69CF5D4A-BA13-46C6-88F5-32979D64D0BB.png
    329.1 KB · Views: 355
  • E5BF07B6-9B69-4A04-99BF-56DD831303CF.png
    E5BF07B6-9B69-4A04-99BF-56DD831303CF.png
    286.5 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
@ChemHead
Have not "digested" your posts yet, too much knowledge for me, but, in your view, what to do to combat hair loss now ?

@EndlessPossibilities
If fibrosis is the main culprit, then why eunuchs and those with no 5AR never bald ? Just asking.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ChemHead
Have not "digested" your posts yet, too much knowledge for me, but, in your view, what to do to combat hair loss now ?

@EndlessPossibilities
If fibrosis is the main culprit, then why eunuchs and those with no 5AR never bald ? Just asking.

cause the lack of 5ar cause either a direct indirect effect.

But after what you mentioned , I would indicate that the same mechanism that tells the hair to shrink is the same mechanism that tells the skin to initiate fibrosis. So whatever the existence of 5ar does in genetically predisposed scalp on a chemical level. It initiates the fibrosis

So no 5ar no fibroris . No hair loss.

And this why chemhead is right about this being a glucocorticoid mystery hormone.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25974403/

5ar influences and reduces glucocorticoids.

Last edited:

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're interested in knowing more about fibrosis and the connection to mineralocorticoids, glucocorticoids, and the MC and GC receptors, look into aldosterone. There's a couple good studies out there that talk about increasing elastin synthesis and decreasing collagen synthesis using a MC receptor antagonist (spironolactone) and aldosterone.

Search for:
human skin as a target for aldosterone

Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists - a new sprinkle of salt and youth

Aldosterone and mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists modulate elastin and collagen deposition in human skin

Re-epithelialization of pathological cutaneous wounds is improved by local mineralocorticoid receptor antagonism

Tissue fibrosis: a principal proof for the central role of misrepair in aging

These are the all studies that convinced me that mineralocorticoids, glucocorticoids, and their receptors may play a role in hair loss.

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where I actually stopped reading.

I'm not going to read this broscience, it hurts my minds, no offence.
I'll repeat it again. Testosterone DOES NOT cause hair loss. It's foolish to think otherwise.

Not only is there no clinical evidence that testosterone causes hair loss outside of it's metabolism to DHT, it's not even logical. If testosterone caused hair loss, then every teenaged boy would be losing hair by the handful and finasteride wouldn't work at all for anyone.

My hair has been in a perfect state from using finasteride with a total testosterone level over 1200ng/dl and free testosterone of 180ng/dl. It caused extremely oily, waxy skin, but absolutely no hair loss.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll repeat it again. Testosterone DOES NOT cause hair loss. It's foolish to think otherwise.

Not only is there no clinical evidence that testosterone causes hair loss outside of it's metabolism to DHT, it's not even logical. If testosterone caused hair loss, then every teenaged boy would be losing hair by the handful abs finasteride wouldn't work at all for anyone.

My hair has been in a perfect state from using finasteride with a total testosterone level over 1200ng/dl and free testosterone of 180ng/dl. It caused extremely oily, waxy skin, but absolutely no hair loss.
Thank you!

People need to get this in their head that testosterone is anabolic even in male pattern baldness

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am waiting for the mail man to ship my my dexa and I ordered cyproheptadine which I want for hunger but I heard it also helped some with hair and I also found out it it inhibits aldosterone. And crypro is anti mast cells. And in that’s study where they found dense collagen Clumps in balding they said it could be due to MAst cells

The way I am seeing this is there’s two components to hairloss.

The actual follicle itself

And the skin surrounding the follicle.

Dexa May induce a telogen state but if I use it weekly bursts I am hoping to reduce the collagen buildup and tgf B. And then I would stop, the hair would fall and hopefully allow new thicker hair to grow all while I am still on finasteride and supplementing 2g of taurine.

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you!

People need to get this in their head that testosterone is anabolic even in male pattern baldness
To be clear, I don't think testosterone directly helps hair grow. Testosterone in equilibrium with androstenedione, however, indirectly helps by providing a supply of estrogens through aromatization within the skin and hair follicles.

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another couple studies that got me interested in the connection between mineralocorticoids, MC receptors, and estrogens:

The effect of spironolactone on aromatase activity

The effects of estradiol and estriol on plasma levels of cortisol and thyroid hormone-binding globulins and on aldosterone and cortisol secretion rates in man

One of these studies shows that spironolactone significantly increased serum estrone, but had a statically insignificant different in serum estradiol concentration. I don't remember which one, though. It's been awhile since I've read them.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another couple studies that got me interested in the connection between mineralocorticoids, MC receptors, and estrogens:

The effect of spironolactone on aromatase activity

The effects of estradiol and estriol on plasma levels of cortisol and thyroid hormone-binding globulins and on aldosterone and cortisol secretion rates in man

One of these studies shows that spironolactone significantly increased serum estrone, but had a statically insignificant different in serum estradiol concentration. I don't remember which one, though. It's been awhile since I've read them.

Interesting in my posts few back I said estrone was something no one has experimented with and might be important. And finasteride increase its percusor

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting in my posts few back I said estrone was something no one has experimented with and might be important. And finasteride increase its percusor

I've experimented with it. I've also experimented with androstenedione. I didn't really get any positive effects from either, but I'm careful not to write them off because I believe it may have some thing to do with the fact that the estrone may need to be synthesized within the hair follicle by aromatase for any significant effect.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've experimented with it. I've also experimented with androstenedione. I didn't really get any positive effects from either, but I'm careful not to write them off because I believe it may have some thing to do with the fact that the estrone may need to be synthesized within the hair follicle by aromatase for any significant effect.
Interesting

Differences between Tissue and serum is seriously a delimna.

Was it topical estrone?

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But.. Again, nothing really worked unless I stopped finasteride and I let my body recover so that it would properly express 5AR and aromatase again. I tried all of those steroids after finasteride had stopped working.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just applied my first application of topical dexa to one specific area on my Fading temple POINTs. I will do this for 2 weeks then stop.

I took hire photos to document of any progress. I expect to see it get worse then blooom after the 2 weeks if it were to work.

Wish me luck